Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default hey saddo

hey guys i been away for awhile well i want to know if i post up a video of me sparing instead of hate can u all give me some pointers on stuff now this wasnt my best day at all i have been sick for 2week befor this sparing match let me know and i will post it
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: hey saddo

Post the vid son...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

note to self....

if not of sound mind, stick the link on before you get carried away within your post
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could put it in the Ask the Trainer section, they're probably be able to provide better advice than any of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kid_thunder View Post
    hey guys i been away for awhile well i want to know if i post up a video of me sparing instead of hate can u all give me some pointers on stuff now this wasnt my best day at all i have been sick for 2week befor this sparing match let me know and i will post it
    No. It's in the Saddo agreement when you first sign up. Kid Thunder posts vid. It must be ridicule. It's part of the rules

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the first 4:15 seconds

1)shouldn't you be wearing headgear? I mean you got hurt a few times out there, this is just sparring right?

2)Just my advice, I don't have the know how or technical acumen of TM but shouldn't you pick your shots a bit more? You just went nuts for the first minute or so and wasted a ton of energy.

3) he throws straighter punches which was why he was getting to you. You actually threw the best punch I think I've ever seen you throw (I've only seen a few minutes of your career but still) about 2 minutes and 17 seconds in there, a pretty straight right hand but then you got wild again. I'd look at that right hand you threw and try to do that more often.

You were the guy in white shorts right? If not disregard all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes i was in the white plus do u think i do better as a shouthpaw or my normal stance
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What' up with the philly shell, Andrew?

Did that Tyson dude really get S.O.B. tattooed on his back? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes micro got sob tattooed on his back but the philly shell i have learn i want to go southpaw but there a lil work young what do u think about me going southpaw
    Baggins Clan Pro Fighter

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yes micro got sob tattooed on his back but the philly shell i have learn i want to go southpaw but there a lil work young what do u think about me going southpaw
    Personally, I wouldn't read too much into whether or not you should convert to southpaw based on your experiences with a guy who openly admits he didn't know what to do against one.

Also, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, with a chin as dodgy as yours I think you would be well-served to focus on improving your currently non-existent defense. Otherwise, everyone you fight is going to keep countering your wild punches with straight shots, and you'll continued to get hurt and dropped in every fight you're in.

Good luck in your upcoming fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't read too much into whether or not you should convert to southpaw based on your experiences with a guy who openly admits he didn't know what to do against one.

Also, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, with a chin as dodgy as yours I think you would be well-served to focus on improving your currently non-existent defense. Otherwise, everyone you fight is going to keep countering your wild punches with straight shots, and you'll continued to get hurt and dropped in every fight you're in.

Good luck in your upcoming fight.
    That's good advice.... When I think of the mentality of defense and learning it, I think of how Mayweather Jr was trained when he was young.. He was thrown in the ring very young with much bigger guys who probably hit pretty hard... And you can see he obviously worked incredibly hard to not get hit... He probably had huge guys who could take his head off (and were probably trying to), so he made sure number one he didn't let any of those punches connect......
    Become like that... Work a round where you don't try to hit.. Get in there with someone sparring, and don't aim to hit them.. You can put your hand out like a jab to measure and stop them coming forward, but otherwise, just work to avoid everything they come at you with.. Be an expert at keeping that range.. Moving backwards when someone comes forwards.. Moving sideways when someone is coming forwards..
    Become frustrating to your opponents...... Then working on that round after round, start to figure out ways of dropping a hand, or feinting so that you can draw a certain punch and dodge that... Become someone who at a flick of a switch, turn into someone who can't be hit.. Who can run around the ring all night and not have a punch touch you... Having that, even to catch your energy back, and then being able to come forward like you do and lay it on, it'll be great for you...
    If you're defensive and can frustrate an opponent with how to connect on you, you'll get more gaps opening up for you to attack...

I think adding that dimension would be a good thing for you...
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I saw the first 4:15 seconds
    1)shouldn't you be wearing headgear? I mean you got hurt a few times out there, this is just sparring right?
    Yeah. I thought I was settling in to watch a sparring video...

...and I thought Hatton was punchy.

Kid T, you're never going to make a career out of the fight game. Set yourself some short term goals and "retire."

You can train and learn to defend yourself, but to label yourelf a professional is a disgrace to your name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When someone is stuck in the corner like that don't just treat them as a fucking heavy bag. Give enough space between you and them some you can create leverage on your shots, jab at them till they give you an opening. Split his guard with an uppercut, double up on one side. If he was decent at all he could have timed you easily and countered with a left hook right on your chin.

But man you need to work on the basics, fuck going southpaw, learn how to fight orthodox first. Get the footwork and straight punches down. Your jab had no snap to it. Keep you elbows in and twist your torso into the punch.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Thread Information