Thread: Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Although I favor Mayweather to win, I think it should be noted that he has never fought anyone as good as Marquez. I know some people will say that Oscar was a better fighter, but at that point he was a part time fighter and that fight was a glorified sparring session imo. JMM is a full time fighter and based on his last few performances, is still near his prime, or at least closer than Oscar was. JMM is better boxer than Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton imo and at the end of his career I suspect he will rank higher in the history books than those warriors. I think Mayweather will win because of the weight advantage, but it will still be interesting to see how Mayweather deals with the skills of Marquez.
    Marquez IS the best fighter Floyd will have faced to date. BUT it comes with a big asterix because Marquez is moving up TWO weight divisions.

I think Floyd will let his hands go a little bit more so he can be more "fan friendly" which is why I think he picked Marquez. He has a great reputation for being one of the best, if not the best in the world, but he is a fighter Floyd can take a couple risks with when it comes to trading shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    The way to beat Mayweather ( if you can take his punches coming in ) is to throw volume of punches , work hard for every second of every round , as someone has said , single punches are useless against Floyd.

I think JMM is a top fighter , but i cant see him beating Floyd. I think he marks up to easily , and will get stopped on his feet inside 9 rounds , busted up .

I knew one awkward southpaw 140 lbs. boxer who threw punches in bunches from all angles (odd angles and even angles ) and work hard every second of every round... Maybe this boxer has a good chance in defeating PBF??

Dude! You are absolutely killing me with bringing Pac up in any thread you come across, PLUS bringing up OLD threads that are WAY expired just because they used to be Pac threads. I rarely get annoyed but I'm there already.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Dam you eat, drink, sleep, breathe and shit Pac .................
    I can honestly say I've never agreed with Addictedtoboxing, until now...
    Last edited by C-Lo; 05-24-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: error

Thread Information