Thread: Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Although I favor Mayweather to win, I think it should be noted that he has never fought anyone as good as Marquez. I know some people will say that Oscar was a better fighter, but at that point he was a part time fighter and that fight was a glorified sparring session imo. JMM is a full time fighter and based on his last few performances, is still near his prime, or at least closer than Oscar was. JMM is better boxer than Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton imo and at the end of his career I suspect he will rank higher in the history books than those warriors. I think Mayweather will win because of the weight advantage, but it will still be interesting to see how Mayweather deals with the skills of Marquez.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Although I favor Mayweather to win, I think it should be noted that he has never fought anyone as good as Marquez. I know some people will say that Oscar was a better fighter, but at that point he was a part time fighter and that fight was a glorified sparring session imo. JMM is a full time fighter and based on his last few performances, is still near his prime, or at least closer than Oscar was. JMM is better boxer than Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton imo and at the end of his career I suspect he will rank higher in the history books than those warriors. I think Mayweather will win because of the weight advantage, but it will still be interesting to see how Mayweather deals with the skills of Marquez.
    Id say Marquez p4p is the best fighter he would of fought but at 147? Not to sure, i think Dela Hoya at 154 was and will be a harder fight, Marquez at 135 had his hands full with dont get me wrong two great fighters in Cassamayor and Diaz but i just cant see him beating Mayweather at 147.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Circumstaces Aside, JMM is the Best Fighter Mayweather Will Have Fought

Skel I think at 147, although he is at a huge disadvantage, will still give him more trouble than Oscar at 154 especially in the middle rounds. But I could easily be wrong. It all depends on how he carries the weight and if his speed is intact. I still see this fight as a size mismatch, but not a skill mismatch by any means. It will be a case of good big fighter beating the good small fighter. The Oscar fight although close, neither fighter was ever too uncomfortable or in any kind of real danger. Marquez will make him earn the victory and give 100%.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think weight being considered and everything Marquez is definitely the best guy Mayweather has ever faced, speed IMO is the most dangerous thing against MAyweather because you can't land without it on him, and Oscar wasn't quick enough to land or react. I think Marquez is so quick and so aggressive as a counter puncher this should be really interesting because everytime Floyd throws something I think Marquez is going to jump on him with combinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I agree.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure. I watched the De La Hoya fight again the other day and really had to admire how Floyd dealt with the bigger man. Even then Oscar still had signicant speed and physical advantages to trouble Floyd and he dealt with it. No doubt Marquez is a tricky prospect, and will definately be one of Floyd's most challenging fights to date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think p4p JMM will be PBF's best fight. JMM is up there with the best of them p4p. But DLH at 154 posed some different problems. JMM may still be a tougher puzzle but DLH was a big strong relevant 154 pounder. Its a close call so I can not disagree with either. JMM is the real deal so I am glad that people see this and he is in no way a tune up or an after thought. Now that is not to say PBF will not beat him comfortably and make it look like so. Remember he did after all make Corrales an easy comfortable victory. But I do expect PBF to have his hands full at time with JMM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think the circumstances are not only the weight,but the recent ring wear accumulated.Mayweather has been sitting idle,fresh and damage free ready to pounce on what he perceives as a top name connected to the whole "p4p" status race.And honestly thats all I believe he is concerned about...being called p4p best,not the 'best' in a division.

I just dont see JMM as the technical counter-puncher guy he was just a few years ago.He has been steadily fighting more aggressively.When he jumped up to Lightweight...what,just 8 months ago?Many wondered if that was one jump too many considering his age and added weight.But he came out more assertive and tenacious to grind Casa and Diaz down after waging war with them.I think all the odds are against him on paper here with Floyd,but Marquez lays down for no one and will look to do damge from the start.Mayweather will not engage him enough if at all and I think Marquez will have to be the one leading,pressuring into Floyds style......sorry,off track big time here .I agree.Marquez is the best Mayweather has faced when looking at all aspects.Closest is Oscar...and I think Marquez,aged or not,is a better all around fighter than DeLahoya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Marquez has countered amazingly in his last few fights, sure he is more aggressive, but that counter punching instinct is still sharp, and even more his instinct to punch when being punched is second to none.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    I think Marquez has countered amazingly in his last few fights, sure he is more aggressive, but that counter punching instinct is still sharp, and even more his instinct to punch when being punched is second to none.
    The movement combined ,I just dont see it as before.Of course,we could also equate that to facing tough lightweights,years and battles.But he is more willing to soak up damage to get in his own....thats just it.He has always been a sharpshooter...but he is much more stationary now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't move as much in general, but watch the second Pacquiao fight, or against Casamayor and you will see his ability to close the gab is still incredible. The reason he had so much success agianst Pacquiao is because he could get in quick enough after Pacquiao missed his punches. Not only that but he could lead against Pacquiao and land flush which is something Barrera, Oscar De La HOya, and more impressively Ricky Hatton couldn't get even close to doing. Marquez obviously doesn't move as much as he used to, but neither does Mayweather who seems to be in love with defending himself off the ropes instead of using lateral movement.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way to beat Mayweather ( if you can take his punches coming in ) is to throw volume of punches , work hard for every second of every round , as someone has said , single punches are useless against Floyd.

I think JMM is a top fighter , but i cant see him beating Floyd. I think he marks up to easily , and will get stopped on his feet inside 9 rounds , busted up .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    The way to beat Mayweather ( if you can take his punches coming in ) is to throw volume of punches , work hard for every second of every round , as someone has said , single punches are useless against Floyd.

I think JMM is a top fighter , but i cant see him beating Floyd. I think he marks up to easily , and will get stopped on his feet inside 9 rounds , busted up .

I knew one awkward southpaw 140 lbs. boxer who threw punches in bunches from all angles (odd angles and even angles ) and work hard every second of every round... Maybe this boxer has a good chance in defeating PBF??

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Dam you eat, drink, sleep, breathe and shit Pac .................

El Kabong Guest

I think all around JMM is the best fighter Floyd will have stepped in the ring against. JMM is perhaps the smartest fighter out there right now, he can adapt he can shift tempo and pace, he is a very solid fighter and very tricky. Weight will mean very little to JMM in this fight, as long as he is in excellent condition he'll give Floyd all he can handle.

Thread Information