Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather will attempt to KO Marquez

Marquez will not be KO'ed

XaduBoxer Guest

I highly doubt PBF will try to KO JMM specially in the early rounds... PBF is a play safe defensive master... He's too careful not to get hit... Maybe PBF will go at it in the late rounds if he has much success potshotting JMM from range in the earlier rounds which PBF can easily do since he has a 5" reach advantage over JMM and he has very good timing and accuracy too...

If this goes to a decision, it's highly probable that JMM will lose in this fight... JMM's style is not judge friendly that's why he lost mostly all his close fights and then called them robberies... JMM's chance to win is by knocking out PBF which is a very difficult task...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knockdown maybe, kayo NOT. I don't see Marquez being worn out late in the fight or getting stupidly caught by a single punch from PBF either unless Mayweather fights a Juan Diaz pace. This fight will be as close as PAC vs JMM encounters. Like I said before PBF is lucky that JMM is naturally smaller than him.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't see him coming out gunning for a KO from the off, not really his style espec against someone who might just gime him a fright. Obviously he will take it if it comes but I can see this being a pretty close decision despite the size difference. PBF will stay back and try to draw JMM in and pick him off.
    If he was dominating the fight and it was looking easy I wonder if he would risk putting some rounds in the bank to get rid of the rust ( JMM fans don't shoot me for suggesting it !!).

If he wants to get back to being top dog I really think PBF needs to pour on the style somehow and he can't allow this to be a dull affair with him going on the backfoot and countering the whole night.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO: they are both counter punchers. when you do the math.... it's a waiting game. Marquez will apply more pressure than Floyd but all that does is get the fighters around the ring. The more accurate either fighter is the slower the pace of the fight and so on and on and on....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Marquez will not be KO'ed
    I think he will in this one VD. Hoping I'm wrong but he is only human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    IMO: they are both counter punchers. when you do the math.... it's a waiting game. Marquez will apply more pressure than Floyd but all that does is get the fighters around the ring. The more accurate either fighter is the slower the pace of the fight and so on and on and on....
    Not if Mayweather is quick enough to hit and not be hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    This was where I was coming from in saying that PBF needs to be the one chasing the fight and setting the pressure, I don't think he can just sit back and wait to counter, not if he wants to prove he is 'the man' again.I'm just hoping it's not a dull chess match with each trying to out wait the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 Huge egos in line here. It will not be the ultimate barn burner but it will not be boring either. Both fighters would want to shine brightest and prove to the whole world why they consider themselves the best.
    Go Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    2 Huge egos in line here. It will not be the ultimate barn burner but it will not be boring either. Both fighters would want to shine brightest and prove to the whole world why they consider themselves the best.
    Go Marquez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't describe Marquez as having a huge ego. He certainly doesn't strike me as being any more egotistical than any other high-level boxer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post
    This was where I was coming from in saying that PBF needs to be the one chasing the fight and setting the pressure, I don't think he can just sit back and wait to counter, not if he wants to prove he is 'the man' again.I'm just hoping it's not a dull chess match with each trying to out wait the other.
    Yea... yea.... I heard all this before. How many times have we heard all this new stuff a fighter is going to do in the ring only to see him do the same thing he's always done. Mayweather aggressive! give me a break! one good shot from Marquez and Mayweather backs up like he always does looking to counter. Talk about being gun shy! This is exactly why I won't pay to watch dancers. They are programmed to run and it's just makes me all flustered because I want to see toe to toe action from real warriors. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Mayweather can't go toe to toe or can't be a brawler, I'm just saying it's not in his blood. Even if Mayweather sets out to make a ko, he'll abandon the plan right after he gets tagged with two or three good shots from Marquez making him pay the price for being aggressive.
    Last edited by fan johnny; 05-26-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

Yea... yea.... I heard all this before. How many times have we heard all this new stuff a fighter is going to do in the ring only to see him do the same thing he's always done. Mayweather aggressive! give me a break! one good shot from Marquez and Mayweather backs up like he always does looking to counter. Talk about being gun shy! This is exactly why I won't pay to watch dancers. They are programmed to run and it's just makes me all flustered because I want to see toe to toe action from real warriors. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Mayweather can't go toe to toe or can't be a brawler, I'm just saying it's not in his blood. Even if Mayweather sets out to make a ko, he'll abandon the plan right after he gets tagged with two or three good shots from Mayweather making him pay the price for being aggressive.

if it gets the job done id certainly take dancing my way to become the best fighter in the world instead of getting beat up like hatton/gatti

Marquez has to box out of his skin, look to draw mayweather into a slug out as often as possible and just hope he manages to land solid hard punches that floyd has trouble dealing with.

Otherwise i just see a routine floyd win with maybe even a late stoppage
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mayweather is out to prove himself big time.

I see him fighting on the backfoot early and coming forward late on but overall being more aggressive than normal because he knows he's the bigger man.

Juan Diaz was able to rock Marquez so Mayweather certainly can stop Marquez.

I expect Mayweather to win by TKO.

I'm not happy with what Mayweather is doing though.

He should not be fighting Marquez, Marquez is a natural super featherweight where Mayweather is naturally a welterweight now.

I won't be giving him much credit for beating a blown up Marquez regardless of how good a fighter Marquez is.

one last thing.....

WAR DINAMITA!!!!!
    Last edited by Pugilistic; 05-26-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I can imagine Floyd will either try to KO Marquez or totally dominate him so he can send the message to Pac "Look at how easily I disposed of the guy who beat you twice in the eyes of many boxing experts, commentators, and boxers" just like Pac sent a message to Floyd by beating Hatton faster.
    I think this will be the likely thought process of Mayweather...he has to to prove he is the best...the question is can he?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    I think Mayweather is out to prove himself big time.

I see him fighting on the backfoot early and coming forward late on but overall being more aggressive than normal because he knows he's the bigger man.

Juan Diaz was able to rock Marquez so Mayweather certainly can stop Marquez.

I expect Mayweather to win by TKO.

I'm not happy with what Mayweather is doing though.

He should not be fighting Marquez, Marquez is a natural super featherweight where Mayweather is naturally a welterweight now.

I won't be giving him much credit for beating a blown up Marquez regardless of how good a fighter Marquez is.

one last thing.....

WAR DINAMITA!!!!!
    If Marquez is too small why isn't Pacquiao?

You can say because Pacquiao moved up and proved himself, you haven't even given Marquez the chance to prove himself. Didn't Shane Mosley jump from 135 to 147 for Oscar? In Oscar;s prime when 147 was his main weight? Give Marquez some credit he is a great fighter, don't doubt him. And it's not liek the weight will be THAT big of a factor, it's not like Mayweather is the type to try to bully a fighter, he is a counter puncher, he won't be leaning on Marquez and using his weight anyway.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information