Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How far can Tyson Fury go??

I think he will win the British title within the next 9 months, but don't see him going any further, I think he is going to get spanked when he fights soembody half decent. I'd pick Rogan to beat him tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How far can Tyson Fury go??

I think he's got genuine world title class in him, if he does things right.
    He's a good technical boxer, has a goot strong jab, and a fair amount of power. He also has great attirbutes, in terms of height and reach to be a real success as a heavyweight. However, I think the real proble lies in his conditioning, Barry Mcguigan said before hs last fight that he would never be 'body beautiful' I think that's a load of rubbish, if you work hard you get a better body, a better level of fitness and strength would serve fury well, he can already take a punch pretty well- evident in his amateur days, and with iproved fitness his recovery time would be better when he does get hit by a better class of opponent than he has faced up until now.

A british title fight within the next 9 months seems about right, but I would then go on to say I can see him fighting at EU level within a year and a half, with a world title shot coming within 2 and a half years, If he works harder, improves his fitness and strength, and continues to improve technically, as he is doing, the sky could be the limit for him, I think he'll go far with the right attitude

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethnal Green View Post
    I think he's got genuine world title class in him, if he does things right.
    He's a good technical boxer, has a goot strong jab, and a fair amount of power. He also has great attirbutes, in terms of height and reach to be a real success as a heavyweight. However, I think the real proble lies in his conditioning, Barry Mcguigan said before hs last fight that he would never be 'body beautiful' I think that's a load of rubbish, if you work hard you get a better body, a better level of fitness and strength would serve fury well, he can already take a punch pretty well- evident in his amateur days, and with iproved fitness his recovery time would be better when he does get hit by a better class of opponent than he has faced up until now.

A british title fight within the next 9 months seems about right, but I would then go on to say I can see him fighting at EU level within a year and a half, with a world title shot coming within 2 and a half years, If he works harder, improves his fitness and strength, and continues to improve technically, as he is doing, the sky could be the limit for him, I think he'll go far with the right attitude
    His jab was fantastic on Sat night, but he was fighting a statue

He did seem to puffing after the 1st round aswell, so you may have a point about his conditioning

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He will win a domestic title , maybe even the Euro if he is in the right place at the right time , as for World honours , forget it ,he simply doesn't have the power to take him to the Number 1 in the division.
    But he seems a nice guy , and the best of luck to him.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rogan didn't look good against Sexton (even with the iffy stoppage). Maybe the quick succession of hard fights have caught up with him already.

Fury's most impressive attribute is his hand speed. He also throws plenty which is impressive for a heavyweight these days. I think he'll deal with all the Brit plodders knocking about at the minute (as long as the matches are made at the right time).

They say his chin is solid but I can't remember anyone, apart from himself, landing a semi-decent punch on him yet. I want to see how he reacts under the cosh before predicting anything above Brit level.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Rogan didn't look good against Sexton (even with the iffy stoppage). Maybe the quick succession of hard fights have caught up with him already.

Fury's most impressive attribute is his hand speed. He also throws plenty which is impressive for a heavyweight these days. I think he'll deal with all the Brit plodders knocking about at the minute (as long as the matches are made at the right time).

They say his chin is solid but I can't remember anyone, apart from himself, landing a semi-decent punch on him yet. I want to see how he reacts under the cosh before predicting anything above Brit level.
    Yeh the best punch he has taken was deffo from himself

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Tyson can go all the way. He will get the conditioning after another 18 months of experience he can win a version of the title. Mark by word this is the new Tyson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has got to get in shape; for a 20 year old his conditioning is very ordinary.

18 months in the gym with hopefully at least another dozen fights on his resume, would be a solid base for Fury to go foward and find out how good he could be.

What I give him full credit for, is fighting every month. Although he needs to fight more than bodies, I would only slowly increase his class of opposition, as he has plenty of time on his side, and has no need to rush things.

The best fighters (particularly Heavyweights) learn to walk, before running!
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont see him as becoming world class, i hope i am wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fury,has..got...too..get..a..new..team..he...wont. .go..far...with...the..condisoning..hes..got..now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one thing I don't get are the claims he has no power. He's knocked everyone out and so far has done it very impressivley. The thing with him improving his strength by putting on muscle is that it could be detrimental to his main attribute which is his hand speed. For me he knocks out all the current domestic level fighters in the early rounds, and agree that he's British champ within 9 months. I think he needs 2 or 3 more fights before starting to take on the other Brits, hopefully against some durable guys so he can get rounds under his belt.

I'm a big fan of this guy, as is probably evident from my posts in other threads. He's one of the few Brits of recent times that I'm genuinely excited about and think could go a long way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rowlesy View Post
    The one thing I don't get are the claims he has no power. He's knocked everyone out and so far has done it very impressivley.
    I appreciate that but he hasn't actually KO'd them all, some were TKO's. Can't remember which fighters they were (one was 21-1 with the kilt - Zeller?)

Either way the Ref stopped it and two fighters I can remember were mega pissed off as they weren't in any real trouble. I remember thinking then maybe he didn't hit all that hard, they didn't think so.

That said I think he could do very well. Fast hands and he trys to do more than just throw bombs like so many other HW's. As already said he definitely needs to work on his conditioning, that can only improve him more.

Personally I'd be embarrassed wearing that michelin tyre in the ring...
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I accept that about the TKO's, good point. The size he is means that for me he can't not hit hard, if you understand what I mean? And as you alluded to, I don't think his power will ever be his biggest weapon that will be his hand speed and the fact he likes to work the body more than alot of heavies around at the moment. Those three he threw at the weekend were beautiful.

And he's not that fat! He's flabby, but its easily toned up. Jesus, he's nothing compared to that slob Arreola! lol Got to remember he's only 20 as well, so its most proabably 'puppy fat' which he will drop with no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rowlesy View Post
    I accept that about the TKO's, good point. The size he is means that for me he can't not hit hard, if you understand what I mean? And as you alluded to, I don't think his power will ever be his biggest weapon that will be his hand speed and the fact he likes to work the body more than alot of heavies around at the moment. Those three he threw at the weekend were beautiful.

And he's not that fat! He's flabby, but its easily toned up. Jesus, he's nothing compared to that slob Arreola! lol Got to remember he's only 20 as well, so its most proabably 'puppy fat' which he will drop with no problem.
    He's a young lad so he should be in great shape.Really needs to concentrate on his conditioning if some one goes past 5 rounds he could get stopped if he gasses out.

He has talent tho dont think he will be a world beater hope iam wrong.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure he really gets keeping distance yet. For such a tall guy, even when a guy is by no means trying to close distance against him he'll close the distance himself. Add to this he keeps the left down. He should watch Vitali fight.

I've only seen two fights for what its worth.

He pushes his jab a bit.

He's fairly quick for a big guy though.

Thread Information