Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Power and Frank Bruno

A bit of useless info for you: Lamar Clark fought Apollo Creed's trainer from Rocky Tony Burton

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think Vitali really has a case that he his hardest of all time.
    I mean 36ko's in 37 wins, I think any fighter in history would be
    doing well to equal that , even if they were to fight his
    exact opponents,
    for example if Fraiser or Lewis had fought all his opponents wouls they
    have as high a ko raste? Im not to sure...
    Mac Foster had a 100 percent KO record, that doesn't mean he's the hardest hitting Heavyweight of all time. Although he had a few good KO wins over some goodish Heavyweights.

Who has Vitali Klitschko stopped really ? the best opponent he has stopped is arguably Corrie Sanders. Who doesn't even take boxing seriously, and Vitali Klitschko hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, but couldn't KO him.

Joe Frazier maybe a bit small too stop some of the Heavyweights of the modern era, but Lennox Lewis ? i would bet my house on him stopping the likes of Kirk Johnson, Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, Larry Donald, Samuel Peter, any day of the week.

Vitali Klitschko is seriously overrated on here sure he's a good boxer with a good chin, but he's only known because he gave an out of shape Lennox Lewis a tough fight. But he still couldn't beat him, hell Hasim Rahman atleast stopped an out of shape Lennox Lewis. So what does that say about Vitali Klitschko's power ? or Vitali Klitschko himself ?

El Kabong Guest

Frazier could bang but he wouldn't stop Larry Donald. Larry had very good movement, say what you will about him as a fighter but anyone it takes 10 rounds for Vitali to walk down is going to be very hard for Frazier to catch. Riddick Bowe couldn't even get ahold of him to KO him and remember Vitali threw his ass down a couple times. I'm not saying Joe wouldn't completely and utterly whip his ass, he just wouldn't stop him IMO.

And Hulk, sure you could say I'm biased but allow the record to show that Wladimir has more KO's AND a better KO percentage than Riddick Bowe 43 wins 33 KO = 76 % KO percentage and Sonny Liston 50 wins 39 KO = 78% KO Percentage...Wladimir has 52 wins 46 KO = 88% KO Percentage....so I can support my claim. And If I was so biased then why would I have Wladimir rated ahead of Foreman who is (outside of Rocky Marciano) my favorite heavyweight of all time and IMO the hardest punching heavyweight of all time? I just used a different method to arrive at the guys I think hit the hardest and honestly it doesn't look so bad right now...it's fairly unbiased as it took into account the speed and weight behind the punches and merged those together.

Sonny Liston fought in an era that was worse than Marciano's and he wasn't at the top for too long either. He could punch fairly hard but his signature KO's were of Floyd Patterson a light heavyweight.

I haven't seen many shots Riddick landed that wowed me...he was a great fighter for a short amount of time and was a great blood and guts boxer but he didn't really hit all that hard with 1 punch.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-28-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle's stats

What a great example of showing how useless and skewed stats are.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Franks problem was confidence. In a gym He was loose, a few times His sparing Partners from the States, Who had Sparred with the top Boys always said Frank was the Hardest hitter they had been in with. That I found interesting, in a Big one Frank would Tense up, think that was a Big part of it.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Lyle's stats

What a great example of showing how useless and skewed stats are.
    Hey I never said that my new little system for figuring out punching power was perfect.

The whole reason I used that Speed and Power system is because the Tyson fans are always "Mike Tyson hit harder than George Foreman and he was the hardest puncher of all time"...so I developed a system where I didn't even know who would come out as the #1 puncher and therefore I couldn't be biased. I really tried to do this in a non-biased way.

I guess you can't make everyone happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think Vitali really has a case that he his hardest of all time.
    I mean 36ko's in 37 wins, I think any fighter in history would be
    doing well to equal that , even if they were to fight his
    exact opponents,
    for example if Fraiser or Lewis had fought all his opponents wouls they
    have as high a ko raste? Im not to sure...
    Mac Foster had a 100 percent KO record, that doesn't mean he's the hardest hitting Heavyweight of all time. Although he had a few good KO wins over some goodish Heavyweights.

Who has Vitali Klitschko stopped really ? the best opponent he has stopped is arguably Corrie Sanders. Who doesn't even take boxing seriously, and Vitali Klitschko hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, but couldn't KO him.

Joe Frazier maybe a bit small too stop some of the Heavyweights of the modern era, but Lennox Lewis ? i would bet my house on him stopping the likes of Kirk Johnson, Danny Williams, Corrie Sanders, Larry Donald, Samuel Peter, any day of the week.

Vitali Klitschko is seriously overrated on here sure he's a good boxer with a good chin, but he's only known because he gave an out of shape Lennox Lewis a tough fight. But he still couldn't beat him, hell Hasim Rahman atleast stopped an out of shape Lennox Lewis. So what does that say about Vitali Klitschko's power ? or Vitali Klitschko himself ?

im 100% positive that in any other era the klitschkos would of failed to make a mark let alone win endless world titles.

Face it for all their technical skill and ring knowledge these guys would never of been able to go toe to toe with a 70s frazier, 80s foreman, 90s bowe etc

Im not the biggest david haye fan in the world but without sounding byest towards a fellow countrymen it is obviously clear that the heavyweight division NEEDS a David Haye knockout win next month.

I want my heavyweight champion of the world to be a well spoken, cocky, arrogant, well toned hard hitter. Not some big lump with a half decent jump who manages to see off 95% of his opponents on the basis of being able to jab his way out of trouble for 12rounds!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

El Kabong Guest

....you mean you didn't like Lennox Lewis?

BURN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off, hello lads! I've been away for a while.

My opinion on Bruno is he was a fine fighter who was always in shape, but couldn't win the big fights (not that he didn't have some good wins.) Great power and KO record, but will unfortunately will be most remembered for his losses.

As to his power, he had it I just think he didn't know how or when to use it. Reminds me (not stylistically) of Jermaine Taylor.

Oh and you have to mention Ernie Shavers if you talk about heavyweight power!

Thread Information