Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for British Boxing fans.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question for British Boxing fans.

Dean Francis would have beaten that version of Joe Galzgahe who was very very poor and struggled with Starie who Dean had easily Koed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton-Khan is the only fight that could be a British Superfight approaching the level of Benn-Eubank. Could sell out Wembley Stadium easily for that one, although I reckon they would do it in the City of Manchester of a stadium with a retractable roof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post

No one knows who Witter is, yes Hatton should of fought him but Hatton v Rees would be just as ££ rewarding as Hatton V Witter no one cares about Witter, Hatton v Kahn is much bigger fight.
    Don't be so ridiculous...to even mention REES in the same breath as Ricky and Junior is...now that would be 1 fight hard to sell

At this point in both of their respective careers to deny that it would be a fight that would get fans wanting to see them especially with the History of abuse that Junior has passed Ricky's way virtually unanswered would definitely get the punters up for it...LETS FACE IT HATTON FANS WOULD PAY TO SEE HIM BEAT A DUSTY RUG!
    Hatton could sell a fight if he was fighting norris off coronation street, Witter i repeat noone knows who he is, even some of the Us fight fans havents seen him fight, Witter-Hatton should happen because of the rivalry etc etc but its not a huge financial fight, HBO or not intrested iN Witter hes fucking garbabe, Hatton if fights again i fell Kahn as the£££ would be huge.

You are contradicting yourself on a couple of things!!

You say the punters would'nt want it,but he could sell out against NORRIS from Corry..which is it? Does he have the pulling power or not?

And that Fans would just as watch him fight Rees...when that fight would actually be the hardest to sell and would'nt come close to him fighting Junior

I'm certainly no Witter fan...But to sugest none of the American fight fans know him,when they were ranked 1 and 2 before he fought Bradley is hugely underestimating him!! Especially when Hatton made massive figures against Lazcano when even the staunchest of Hatton fans were pulling there hair out when Ricky was refusing to take him on...

When its all said and done..this thread is about British fighters fighting each and not based upon wether an American audience would watch..which they most definitely would!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't be so ridiculous...to even mention REES in the same breath as Ricky and Junior is...now that would be 1 fight hard to sell

At this point in both of their respective careers to deny that it would be a fight that would get fans wanting to see them especially with the History of abuse that Junior has passed Ricky's way virtually unanswered would definitely get the punters up for it...LETS FACE IT HATTON FANS WOULD PAY TO SEE HIM BEAT A DUSTY RUG!
    Hatton could sell a fight if he was fighting norris off coronation street, Witter i repeat noone knows who he is, even some of the Us fight fans havents seen him fight, Witter-Hatton should happen because of the rivalry etc etc but its not a huge financial fight, HBO or not intrested iN Witter hes fucking garbabe, Hatton if fights again i fell Kahn as the£££ would be huge.

You say the punters would'nt want it,but he could sell out against NORRIS from Corry..which is it? Does he have the pulling power or not?

And that Fans would just as watch him fight Rees...when that fight would actually be the hardest to sell and would'nt come close to him fighting Junior

I'm certainly no Witter fan...But to sugest none of the American fight fans know him,when they were ranked 1 and 2 before he fought Bradley is hugely underestimating him!! Especially when Hatton made massive figures against Lazcano when even the staunchest of Hatton fans were pulling there hair out when Ricky was refusing to take him on...

When its all said and done..this thread is about British fighters fighting each and not based upon wether an American audience would watch..which they most definitely would!
    I don't think the argument is about whether its the fight boxing fans want, but the difference is Junior Witter isn't a recognizable name to your average member of the public, who don't have a clue who's ranked #1 & #2, whilst Khan is probably the biggest active name apart from Hatton & maybe Haye. That's why Khan is a bigger sell, because he has a fanbase beyond boxing fans. Witter would definitely be the biggest fight after Khan, although nowhere near as profitable, and is bigger than anything else domestic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I don't think the argument is about whether its the fight boxing fans want, but the difference is Junior Witter isn't a recognizable name to your average member of the public, who don't have a clue who's ranked #1 & #2, whilst Khan is probably the biggest active name apart from Hatton & maybe Haye. That's why Khan is a bigger sell, because he has a fanbase beyond boxing fans. Witter would definitely be the biggest fight after Khan, although nowhere near as profitable, and is bigger than anything else domestic.
    Ive never debated that a khan fight would not make Big Money...But most Hatton fans I know and that includes myself...would rather see him fight Junior than Amir!

The point I was making was that Junior has been his biggest domestic rival and has actively pursued a fight with Ricky for years...This fight most definitely would be a preference for the majority of Hatton fans and to even suggest as someone has...that no-one even knows who Junior is

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive never debated that a khan fight would not make Big Money...But most Hatton fans I know and that includes myself...would rather see him fight Junior than Amir!

The point I was making was that Junior has been his biggest domestic rival and has actively pursued a fight with Ricky for years...This fight most definitely would be a preference for the majority of Hatton fans and to even suggest as someone has...that no-one even knows who Junior is
    Agreed, I think a Witter fight be more competitive because Hatton actually dislikes him enough to maybe pull that one last performance out, whereas with Khan I think Hatton is more concerned with the cash & we see a ODLH-Chavez like fight. Witter gives Hatton the motivation to train properly & to approach the fight right. A Khan fight has Ricky doin way too much promotional bollocks & probably on a late night chat show like he was the night before the Pac fight. But, the reality is Witter isn't a recognizable name to your casual fan, even to some of Hatton's travelling brigade of morons, which I think is what that poster was getting at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton fans know Junior...believe me!

But because some boxers are higher profile to the general public means nothing really,its the fight fans going to watch Ricky in there thousands and paying on PPV to see him that matter!! Joe Bloggs on the street does'nt give a monkeys about paying for Box office or going to the Venues,so wether the Granny knows Amir as the Silver medalist with good manners over Witter matters not!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But because some boxers are higher profile to the general public means nothing really,its the fight fans going to watch Ricky in there thousands and paying on PPV to see him that matter!! Joe Bloggs on the street does'nt give a monkeys about paying for Box office or going to the Venues,so wether the Granny knows Amir as the Silver medalist with good manners over Witter matters not!
    I was at Ricky's last fight, and those 'fight fans' didn't know who Juan Manuel Marquez was or in some cases who Shane Mosley was. They were the average Joe Bloggs in the street & if it was just boxing fans paying for PPV, Hatton would not be such a big sell. The fact is it is the people who know who Amir the Silver medallist is that define how well these fights sell. See the difference when Hatton fought Mayweather (a guy with a profile pre-Hatton) & when he fought Malignaggi or Lazcano, which is the level of profile Witter brings. The general public are the ones who define how well a fight does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was at Ricky's last fight, and those 'fight fans' didn't know who Juan Manuel Marquez was or in some cases who Shane Mosley was. They were the average Joe Bloggs in the street & if it was just boxing fans paying for PPV, Hatton would not be such a big sell. The fact is it is the people who know who Amir the Silver medallist is that define how well these fights sell. See the difference when Hatton fought Mayweather (a guy with a profile pre-Hatton) & when he fought Malignaggi or Lazcano, which is the level of profile Witter brings. The general public are the ones who define how well a fight does.
    I can't agree..

You can pick up a small number of punters because they see your're profile on the Telly and that will always happen,but that does'nt mean Ricky has'nt an extremely loyal following that knows there boxing!!

Because of them he can carry any fight he chooses when it comes to sell outs...Maybe his fights will not generate figures to PBF proportions but thats a bit unfair to compare it to Paulie or Lazcano fights..they were never going to...but they were still massive money makers and he fought Lazcano in front of 50.000!!

He could do the same with Junior!!

Just my 2p worth...good debate tho!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't agree..

You can pick up a small number of punters because they see your're profile on the Telly and that will always happen,but that does'nt mean Ricky has'nt an extremely loyal following that knows there boxing!!

Because of them he can carry any fight he chooses when it comes to sell outs...Maybe his fights will not generate figures to PBF proportions but thats a bit unfair to compare it to Paulie or Lazcano fights..they were never going to...but they were still massive money makers and he fought Lazcano in front of 50.000!!

I think Hatton generates a fanbase for who he is & what he represents to his fans rather than how he fights, because I'd say 90% of those fans in Vegas knew next to nothing about boxing & were just an embarassment to Ricky & this country. He could do the same with Witter as Paulie or Lazcano, I'm not denying that, but against Khan he could feasibly get the capacity of Wembley & some of the pitch. Witter would be a 50,000 fight, Khan is a 100,000 because he brings in his fair share of his own fans. Witter doesn't. My point with teh Floyd thing is that his name brought fans in, like I've said before, where I live people were buying to see & support Floyd. I doubt many people in UK were buying because they were Malignaggi fans. Khan has a big following. Witter just doesn't because at the core of it, he is a twat. I would definitely prefer Ricky-Witter, but its as risky for Ricky with less reward

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benn vs Eubank, but a prime Sibbo vs. a prime Minter would have been a cracker.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Prime Herol Graham would have beaten them all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Prime Herol Graham would have beaten them all.
    No he would of been knocked out with 2 seconds to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton should of grown some balls and fought Witter years ago, but is was the biggest bit of ducking i have seen.

Plain and simple Hatton didnt fancy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't agree..

I think Hatton generates a fanbase for who he is & what he represents to his fans rather than how he fights, because I'd say 90% of those fans in Vegas knew next to nothing about boxing & were just an embarassment to Ricky & this country. He could do the same with Witter as Paulie or Lazcano, I'm not denying that, but against Khan he could feasibly get the capacity of Wembley & some of the pitch. Witter would be a 50,000 fight, Khan is a 100,000 because he brings in his fair share of his own fans. Witter doesn't. My point with teh Floyd thing is that his name brought fans in, like I've said before, where I live people were buying to see & support Floyd. I doubt many people in UK were buying because they were Malignaggi fans. Khan has a big following. Witter just doesn't because at the core of it, he is a twat. I would definitely prefer Ricky-Witter, but its as risky for Ricky with less reward

Spot on Jaz.

Thread Information