Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where would pac be on atg list if....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default where would pac be on atg list if....

He beats floyd after floyd beats jmm, and pac beats mosley at 147 for the title?

Please discuss.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: where would pac be on atg list if....

Top 5? Top 10 at the minimum. I'd have him top 5.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

where would Ivan Calderon be on atg list IF he jumped up to Heavyweight and took a decision against Valuev?

If's don't really mean shit until it happens

honestly we should be judging where he sould be by what he's actually done, and a loss to Mayweather, Cotto, or Mosley wouldn't diminish that one bit, i have Manny ranked in my top 25 ATG list, and anyone who says that's an injust position, (regarding that he should be ranked higher) just look at the competition that he's faced, compared to the likes of Ali, Robinson, Chavez, Hagler, etc. and considering how many GREAT fighters there are, 25 is nothing but a compliment, and speaks volumes of what he's done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all depends on what happens between now and then. If Mosley fights before then and looks old going into the fight, how Mayweather looks vs. Marquez, the weights the fights happen at, and if Manny won the nature of the fights. Too many variables to say, but if he did fight them and win, it would put him very high on the list given his accomplishments already and beating any version of Floyd or Mosley is a big win. He could easily be top 10 of all time if he accomplished this.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    where would Ivan Calderon be on atg list IF he jumped up to Heavyweight and took a decision against Valuev?

honestly we should be judging where he sould be by what he's actually done, and a loss to Mayweather, Cotto, or Mosley wouldn't diminish that one bit, i have Manny ranked in my top 25 ATG list, and anyone who says that's an injust position, (regarding that he should be ranked higher) just look at the competition that he's faced, compared to the likes of Ali, Robinson, Chavez, Hagler, etc. and considering how many GREAT fighters there are, 25 is nothing but a compliment, and speaks volumes of what he's done
    i was hoping to get a calm discussiong going on amongst other curious boxing fans. obviously your a bit of an anti pac so please do not ruin this thread.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Top 5? Top 10 at the minimum. I'd have him top 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    It all depends on what happens between now and then. If Mosley fights before then and looks old going into the fight, how Mayweather looks vs. Marquez, the weights the fights happen at, and if Manny won the nature of the fights. Too many variables to say, but if he did fight them and win, it would put him very high on the list given his accomplishments already and beating any version of Floyd or Mosley is a big win. He could easily be top 10 of all time if he accomplished this.
    good post guys. It would be hard to squeez him in top 5 but top 10 can work.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

i was hoping to get a calm discussiong going on amongst other curious boxing fans. obviously your a bit of an anti pac so please do not ruin this thread.
    how is giving my honest opinion ruining the thread? and i'm not anti pac, just cause i don't think he's the greatest fighter to lace up gloves i'm labeled a hater, i have Manny in my top 25, my favorite fighter Morales isn't even in my top 25 ATG, that's gotta say something, you Paclovers need to come to grips with reality, he's a great fighter, he's NOT the greatest boxer of all time, just cause someone says so doesn't mean they hate the dude, get over yourself seriously

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top 50 easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Top 50 easily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

around top 20-10

XaduBoxer Guest

PAC the only boxer to capture 4 lineal titles at 140, 130, 126 and 112... He's also the 2nd boxer so far to capture titles in 6 divisions at 140, 135, 130, 126, 122 and 112... PAC is the only boxer right now having a good chance to attain a title in 7th weight division if he will go that route...

With the above credentials, PAC a Top 5 ATG or Top 10 easily...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    PAC the only boxer to capture 4 lineal titles at 140, 130, 126 and 112... He's also the 2nd boxer so far to capture titles in 6 divisions at 140, 135, 130, 126, 122 and 112... PAC is the only boxer right now having a good chance to attain a title in 7th weight division if he will go that route...

DLH only the third to win in 5 divisions and FIRST in 6, has a better resume IMO and still doesn't make it in top 20, you can easily take apart Manny's accomplishments an see they don't measure up to other great fighters from the past, who on top of what they had to deal with IN the ring, also had a lot more shit like racism and segregation happening out the ring, yet managed to do great things

XaduBoxer Guest

DLH only the third to win in 5 divisions and FIRST in 6, has a better resume IMO and still doesn't make it in top 20, you can easily take apart Manny's accomplishments an see they don't measure up to other great fighters from the past, who on top of what they had to deal with IN the ring, also had a lot more shit like racism and segregation happening out the ring, yet managed to do great things
    PAC the only 4-time lineal champ, beating the top man in a division to become the man... I think that speaks a lot about PAC's legacy... It's very difficult to achieve 4 lineal titles...

PAC's 4 lineal titles:
    1. Beat Hatton at 140 via KO2
    2. Beat JMM at 130 via SD12
    3. Beat Barrera at 126 via KO11
    4. Beat Sasakul at 112 via KO8

Beating the man in a division via KO's.... That's impressive...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 05-31-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PAC the only 4-time lineal champ, beating the top man in a division to become the man... I think that speaks a lot about PAC's legacy... It's very difficult to achieve 4 lineal titles...

PAC's 4 lineal titles:

just cause you repeat it doesn't make it any more impressive, the JMM win, many will disregard it seeing how the vast majority see JMM as the winner, bringing it down to 3, something JMM already has done, hold 3 lineal titles, 126,130,135, back to back might i add, and never truly losing any of them

XaduBoxer Guest

PAC's 4 lineal titles:

just cause you repeat it doesn't make it any more impressive, the JMM win, many will disregard it seeing how the vast majority see JMM as the winner, bringing it down to 3, something JMM already has done, hold 3 lineal titles, 126,130,135, back to back might i add, and never truly losing any of them
    There goes your true color Mr. Erik... Aha ha ha ha ah ah ha JMM holding a lineal title at 126?? When was that?? JMM even lost to Chris John at 126... Where's your vaunted boxing knowledge Mr. Erik??

Thread Information