Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Puerto Rico...

...has the only fighter, who's feat can never be matched, much less surpassed, and that being Wilfred Benitez lol, with all this talk of Manny winning 7 division titles and 4 lineal championships, blah blah blah in his future, that can all be matched and even surpassed in the future, but one feat that no one will ever be able to beat or even repeat, will be the YOUNGEST WORLD CHAMPION EVER! since now you can't professionaly box till your 18 (in most countries at least), and well Benitez went pro at 14, and won his title at 17, that one goes to you Saddoboxer, and yes i do rank Benitez above Pacquiao as an ALL TIME GREAT!

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Puerto Rico...

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    ...has the only fighter, who's feat can never be matched, much less surpassed, and that being Wilfred Benitez lol, with all this talk of Manny winning 7 division titles and 4 lineal championships, blah blah blah in his future, that can all be matched and even surpassed in the future, but one feat that no one will ever be able to beat or even repeat, will be the YOUNGEST WORLD CHAMPION EVER! since now you can't professionaly box till your 18 (in most countries at least), and well Benitez went pro at 14, and won his title at 17, that one goes to you Saddoboxer, and yes i do rank Benitez above Pacquiao as an ALL TIME GREAT!
    Is this a "My Dad Is Better Than Your Dad" thread??

How you present this thread clearly shows your maturity level Mr. Erik... You're creating this thread just to top my PAC threads??

Out of respect to my boxing idol, Wilfred Benitez I replied to this thread... Yup it's just very impressive of Wilfred as the youngest champion ever... Kudos to the great "El Radar"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not only he is a great champion, he is also a great father. I remember a story about a sad fate of him when he was stranded for 1 year in argentina. HE brought a doll for his dauther which also reminded him of her. A year later after his arrival he gave it to her and told her he thinks of her al the time.
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post
    Not only he is a great champion, he is also a great father. I remember a story about a sad fate of him when he was stranded for 1 year in argentina. HE brought a doll for his dauther which also reminded him of her. A year later after his arrival he gave it to her and told her he thinks of her al the time.
    truly is sad how he turned out now though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His mother died just recently

Could be the contributing factor

He is also ill with diabetes

But fought with the likes of Leonard, Hearns and Duran would always be cherished
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a dumb thread, by the way Pacquiao is ranked p4p higher than any Peurto Rican ever.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    This is a dumb thread, by the way Pacquiao is ranked p4p higher than any Peurto Rican ever.
    probably is, cause i don't know what the fuck a Peurto Rican is, but Puerto Rican, no, Gomez & Benitez both are ranked higher than Manny, sorry buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a sourgraping hate thread for Pac. ElterribleMorales is obviously a one insecured sad fukk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ini doe^^^
    but wilfred is a gangsta doe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably is, cause i don't know what the fuck a Peurto Rican is, but Puerto Rican, no, Gomez & Benitez both are ranked higher than Manny, sorry buddy
    Suck it, Gomez and Benitez are no rated higher than Pacquiao you senile fool. Not even close. Of the DUran, Leonard, Hearns, and Hagler Benitez was by rated the lowest of them. He ignored training, he didn't win the big fights, and he never reached his potential. His crowning glory was winning a belt super young, and beating Duran.

As for WIlfredo Gomez? Did you watch him fight Salvador Sanchez or against Azumah Nelson? Puerto Ricans are know for being great boxer-punchers but Cotto, Trinidad, Gomez all had durability issues.

Benitez was lazy
    Camacho was wasted talent for whatever reason, he had really good speed, skills, but he couldn't pull it together.

Carlos Ortiz was pretty good, but I haven't seen a ton of him, but none of them are ranked higher than guys like RJJ, Hopkins.. the modern greats, and none of them are ranked higher than Pacquiao who p4p is ahead of everyfighter who's prime came after 1990.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Suck it, Gomez and Benitez are no rated higher than Pacquiao you senile fool. Not even close. Of the DUran, Leonard, Hearns, and Hagler Benitez was by rated the lowest of them. He ignored training, he didn't win the big fights, and he never reached his potential. His crowning glory was winning a belt super young, and beating Duran.

As for WIlfredo Gomez? Did you watch him fight Salvador Sanchez or against Azumah Nelson? Puerto Ricans are know for being great boxer-punchers but Cotto, Trinidad, Gomez all had durability issues.

Benitez was lazy
    Camacho was wasted talent for whatever reason, he had really good speed, skills, but he couldn't pull it together.

Carlos Ortiz was pretty good, but I haven't seen a ton of him, but none of them are ranked higher than guys like RJJ, Hopkins.. the modern greats, and none of them are ranked higher than Pacquiao who p4p is ahead of everyfighter who's prime came after 1990.
    Taeth, you never cease to amaze me with your anti-Puerto Rican bias. No Puerto Rican fighter has ever been good enough for you. Good thing your opinion ain't worth squat. Your posts are biased AND ignorant. How many of Gomez's or Benitez's fights did you ever see?

Hey, I've never posted anything but good things about Pacquiao. But to discredit two Hall of Famers like Gomez and Benitez is just plain ignorant. But I've come to expect that kind of bullshit from you.

Bottom line, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about... how 'bout shutting the f*ck up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm discrediting them? Yet when you guys trash talk Mayweather, RJJ, etc its fine?

Cotto is one of my favorite fighters right now. And what consitutes as enough? If you are asking if any Puerto Rican has shown me that they are better p4p than Pacquiao, then definitely not. Wilfredo Benitez had the talent, but how can you excuse him training less than two weeks for both his fights against Hearns and Leonard. Its almost as if he thought that both would be really tough fights and found an easy excuse which was not to train. We don't know how good he actually would have been, because he never put forth his best effort against those two, in the ring he did, but 90% your ability come fightnight is based on what you do getting ready for htat fight.

Also GOmez had a lot of power, but he would still crumple. IMO Cotto is better than Gomez, he's beaten Mosley which is a guy p4p I think would have broken Gomez. COtto doesn't quite have his power, but he's IMO the better athlete, he's more technical, and I haven't seen anybody with better body work than Miguel.

If you want to talk about a guy who has the potential of maybe being better than Manny Pacquiao, and maybe the best Puerto Rican ever, you should be talking about JML, this kid has it all, I am not sure about his chin, but he has that elite Puerto Rican power, he has great boxing skills, he showed crazy stamina against Penalosa, he can fight on his back or front foot, and should they be willing to fight the opposition is very deep around his division.

I just noted that Cotto, Rosario, and Gomez all couldn't handle that one tough mexican with a great chin and the will to walk through fire, despite having the superior boxing skills and punching power. That Trinidad couldn't deal with movement at all. Benitez couldn't get ready for the big fight. I am not saying they aren't great fighter, but I am saying there is a difference between their caliber of greatness and that of a more complete fighter, not just Pacquiao, but MAyweather, Hopkins, etc. Guys who either don't have set backs, or completely redeem themselves afterwards. Maybe Cotto can prove me wrong by beating Mayweather or Pacquiao, but I don't see it happening, because when things get tough they don't fold, but I know Miguel will. Also its not because they are Puerto Rican, it just seems to be a flaw that Puerto Rican fighters have exhibited.

So Titofan, what do I not know what I am talking about? Are you just being an angry little bitch because I am criticizing Puerto Rico's greatest fighters? IMO that makes you the ignorant one for thinking they walk on air.
    Last edited by Taeth; 06-01-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benitez was lazy

Taeth's trying to go DX on me lmao, what a fag, as for Gomez

Royal Kaboyashi
    Carlos Zarate
    Lupe Pintor
    all legends, and all by KO
    and then
    Juan Laporte
    Rocky Lockridge by decision
    those two fights were his only decision wins, and near the end of his career

Saddoboxer always says so much about how Pac gets the ko's well no one would get the ko's more than Gomez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry but not all people will agree on you. No matter how many times you hate Pacquiao he is now one of the ATG. If ever he won his 7th division Championship belt. He will go up again to top ATG. I guarantee you that. I respect Benitez though but Manny Pacquiao records show more credits for ATG. I think no one will match Manny Pacquiao records in the next 25 years. In case he wins his 7th Division Championship belt and 4 lineal Championship belt. Lets just pray Miguel Cotto stops Manny Pacquiao or someone else stops his winning streak but I doubt. Its 50/50.

If Pacquiao go for the belt and not for the money. He will fight Andre Berto because Manny Pacquiao can stop this guy. I can't see Andre Berto outbox Manny Pacquiao. I have this feeling that Manny Pacquiao will go for the belt.
    Last edited by BlackHawk; 06-01-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taeth, when you say "you guys talk trash about Mayweather and RJJ", be ready to back up what you say. I may have criticized certain things about each of them, but it hasn't been biased "hate talk" like you do against Puerto Rican fighters. The only one I regularly trash-talk here is Oscar... but you already know that.

As for Gomez, what do you know? You're discrediting a legend with one of the best, if not THE best KO percentage record of any fighter on record (42 KOs among his 44 wins). And of course, you would point out two of his three career losses. How many career losses does Pacquaio have? How many does Oscar have? What exactly is your point?

You claim not to be biased, but you are. I've seen enough of your posts to know that. If you were extremely knowledgeable about boxing, I could almost put up with it. But you're not. On more than one occasion you've spouted ridiculous opinions as fact, and have been called on it.

Fact is, you don't know shit about Puerto Rican boxing, its past champions, or our proud boxing history and heritage. So before you keep making your silly claims, I suggest you do a little research to back them up.

Thread Information