Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Photos: Tuff-N-Uff MMA 05-30-2009 Featuring LaTasha Marzolla

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Nameless the M110 is simply a really nice AR15...here is one by armalite but there are several good manufacturers of that type of rifle. DPMS is one in particular that I like.

Armalite - AR-10 Super SASS Rifle, .308
    I don't know, this video quite convinced me of the capacity of that new semi-automatic gadget and from the little I've read here and here on review, peoples seem to say it's a bit more accurate than the Ar-10. there is also one from Belgium which I forgot the name but that seems quite incredible as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qQB...eature=related
    Any of the AR10 variants from the top manufacturers with a match grade barrel, match grade trigger and using match grade ammo will provide sub MOA accuracy at 800-1000m. Of course provided the scope is formidable and the shooter is any good. The M110 is made by Knight who also manufacturers most of the Army's M16 family variants. Considering that one can achieve 1 MOA with an M16 at 800 meters I'd be doubtful the M110 is tremendous upgrade from most other top shelf 7.62x51 semi autos. A tryout would be interesting but since Knight and Colt have the DOD on lockdown for now it wil never happen.
    Perhaps then, but to this point, does it worth it money and timewise to custom the ar10 in the floor to obtain something more or less as good and performing as the M110?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question of price really comes down to two things.

1. How far do you want to shoot at?

2. How much do you want to spend on a scope?

Assuming you are shooting under 1000m, I am pretty sure a base AR10 LR such as the DPMS version comes stock @ $1200 give or take. You could spend another grand on a variable scope. This base setup (I say base loosely with a scope costing a Grand) will provide you accuracy at sub MOA at ranges near 1000m. Once a weapon system is accurate at sub MOA it really takes a tremendous marksman to ascertain a true difference. It is better to go cheaper on the weapon and spend more on the scope. For $2000-2500 you could get a pretty good "black rifle" w/scope for distance shooting. That being said any "tricked" out semi-auto rifle is going to reach $2500-3000 w/o the scope. So Nameless unless you can stack rounds on top of one another at 800+m I would buy a good rifle and great scope. Plus the great thing about AR10 variants is the plethora of aftermarkets parts. Buy a $1000 dollar rifle now and over the next few years put another $1000 worth of mods and upgrades and you will be able to shoot with just about anyone. Knowing a good gunsmith is important as well. I personally like the Springfield M1A over the AR10 but that just personal fit.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question of price really comes down to two things.

1. How far do you want to shoot at?

2. How much do you want to spend on a scope?

Assuming you are shooting under 1000m, I am pretty sure a base AR10 LR such as the DPMS version comes stock @ $1200 give or take. You could spend another grand on a variable scope. This base setup (I say base loosely with a scope costing a Grand) will provide you accuracy at sub MOA at ranges near 1000m. Once a weapon system is accurate at sub MOA it really takes a tremendous marksman to ascertain a true difference. It is better to go cheaper on the weapon and spend more on the scope. For $2000-2500 you could get a pretty good "black rifle" w/scope for distance shooting. That being said any "tricked" out semi-auto rifle is going to reach $2500-3000 w/o the scope. So Nameless unless you can stack rounds on top of one another at 800+m I would buy a good rifle and great scope. Plus the great thing about AR10 variants is the plethora of aftermarkets parts. Buy a $1000 dollar rifle now and over the next few years put another $1000 worth of mods and upgrades and you will be able to shoot with just about anyone. Knowing a good gunsmith is important as well. I personally like the Springfield M1A over the AR10 but that just personal fit.
    I hear your words V.C, thanks for your advices, If ever I decide to buy one, I will take your advices seriously in consideration if ever I decide to buy something in the case eventually.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information