Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: De La Hoya: "Mosley Would Crush Manny Pacquiao"

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default De La Hoya: "Mosley Would Crush Manny Pacquiao"

link --> De La Hoya: "Mosley Would Crush Manny Pacquiao"

Oscar De La Hoya doesn't think a fight between Manny Pacquiao and Shane Mosley will ever happen. During the last few days, Mosley sent out a press release that gave the appearance that a deal had been reached with Pacquiao for a fight on October 17. Pacquiao issued his own press release telling the entire world that he never agreed to any fight with Mosley.

Mosley is partner in De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. Over the last two years, Pacquiao has beaten some of the biggest names in Golden Boy's stable, including Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Hatton and even battered De La Hoya into retirement. De La Hoya doesn't think Pacquiao will be a force against Mosley. He says Mosley would blow him out.

“Mosley would crush Pacquiao in a heartbeat. That’s why I think it would never happen. Mosley is willing to come down in weight and take a smaller share of the pot, which show you he wants to fight the best. Obviously that’s an admirable quality," De La Hoya told Mike Rosenthal of The Ring Online.

He believes that Mosley is too smart to make some of the errors that other Golden Boy fighters made against Pacquiao.

“I just don’t feel Freddie and Manny will do it. … Mosley is too big a threat. Was I a risk when I came down to 147? Freddie Roach is smart. He saw something. Was Ricky Hatton a risk? Again, Freddie is a smart guy. That’s why he’s the best. And it’s why he’s not going to risk his fighter’s pound-for-pound status against a real champion like Mosley,” De La Hoya said.

“Mosley saw my fight against Pacquiao. He saw the Ricky Hatton fight. He wouldn’t commit the mistakes we both made. He won’t come down in weight too much like I did. He won’t leave his head up there like Ricky did.

He’s smart.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: De La Hoya: "Mosley Would Crush Manny Pacquiao"

de la hoya stating what everyone already knows....manny's only chance is if shane starve himself...but I believe with NAZ in shane's corner, seeing as how bhop was always in shape..manny might be in trouble even at 144..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

XaduBoxer Guest

Here's Dela Hoya's prediction on PAC's last 2 fights:

PAC against DelaHoya himself:
    Dela Hoya: "I will knock out Manny Pacquiao"
    Result: DelaHoya demolished in 8 one sided rounds and Hoya quit...

PAC against Ricky Hatton:
    Dela Hoya: "Ricky Hatton will knock out Manny Pacquiao"
    Result: Ricky Hatton was totally destroyed and knocked out cold in the 2nd round...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    de la hoya stating what everyone already knows....manny's only chance is if shane starve himself...but I believe with NAZ in shane's corner, seeing as how bhop was always in shape..manny might be in trouble even at 144..
    Mosley is a risky fight for PAC at this stage but I still give PAC some chance to win... I can imagine if PAC will defeat Mosley then Hoya will predict again that "Bernard would crush Manny Pacquiao"...

PAC already defeated majority of Golden Boy Promotions' big stars from Barrera, JMM, Hoya himself then Hatton... PAC been a pain in the ass to GBP's popular boxers for a long time now... What's remaining is Mosley...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De la Hoya is still bitter after getting pwned by Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosely is completely different to Delahoya and Hatton though, different style. He has quick hands, heavy handed and an iron jaw. If mosely comes out throwing like he did against margarito then its good night pacman.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Mosely is completely different to Delahoya and Hatton though, different style. He has quick hands, heavy handed and an iron jaw. If mosely comes out throwing like he did against margarito then its good night pacman.
    mosley had issues with Mayorga's speed. He is gonna destroy Pacquiao?

Margarito was the perfect opponent for Mosley to look spectacular against. But Margarito is slow, plodding, and he telegraphs his punches from mars. Mayorga gave mosley problems because of the angles he came from and his speed. His angles and speed are nowhere near as fast as Pacquiao's are.

I think Mosley would win if he fought Pacquiao but i wouldn't use the Margarito fight as an example of that. I think Pacquiao could trouble Mosley a lot.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar came down three pounds from his last fight, thats not why he was weight drained, it was because he did it stupidly. He tried something new, obviously he didn't get the right amount of fluids back into his body before the fight. I've seen how seriously weight drained people look when they are trying to make weight, and Oscar didn't look like that. He certainly didn't kill himself to make weight, he just must have done something stupid during the re-hydration process because it makes no sense that he would gain only 1 pound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do people forget how easily Cotto was able to land on Mosley? Tie that in with Pacquiao in and out movement, and Mosley has a serious threat in front of him. IMO COllazo would have been to, had he not hurt his hands and actually followed through on his punches. Its a lot easier to counter a guy who's punches don't bother you at all. I know Shane is nigh-impossible to KO, but he still feels punches like everyone else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was "Oscar de La Hoya" talking. It was Golden Boy Promotions using Oscar's face. Now go back and ask Oscar his opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sorry and I am no means a Pac nuthugger. I think Mosley would be beaten in this fight. Dosen't matter what weight class juniorwelter or welter. Mosley is too old anymore he beat a slow plodding Margarito and gave a good test to Cotto ( in which I thought he won ) Pacquaio would be nothing that Mosley has faced in recent years. Sure Mosley has great speed himself but you can't hit what you can't see. Pac would run circles around Mosley he probably wouldn't knock him out, but win a rather wide desicion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post
    I am sorry and I am no means a Pac nuthugger. I think Mosley would be beaten in this fight. Dosen't matter what weight class juniorwelter or welter. Mosley is too old anymore he beat a slow plodding Margarito and gave a good test to Cotto ( in which I thought he won ) Pacquaio would be nothing that Mosley has faced in recent years. Sure Mosley has great speed himself but you can't hit what you can't see. Pac would run circles around Mosley he probably wouldn't knock him out, but win a rather wide desicion.
    The narcotics must be good in levittown pa

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Do people forget how easily Cotto was able to land on Mosley? Tie that in with Pacquiao in and out movement, and Mosley has a serious threat in front of him. IMO COllazo would have been to, had he not hurt his hands and actually followed through on his punches. Its a lot easier to counter a guy who's punches don't bother you at all. I know Shane is nigh-impossible to KO, but he still feels punches like everyone else.
    and you need to remember that Pacquiao is hardly untouchable, Hatton still managed to tag him a bit, and Hatton is nowhere as skilled as Mosley, nor is he as fast, is Mosley's able to get to the weight without problems IMO he'll be too much for Manny, and Cotto has great timing, and his speed in underrated, Cotto himself would be able to tag Manny quite handily

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    mosley had issues with Mayorga's speed. He is gonna destroy Pacquiao?

Margarito was the perfect opponent for Mosley to look spectacular against. But Margarito is slow, plodding, and he telegraphs his punches from mars. Mayorga gave mosley problems because of the angles he came from and his speed. His angles and speed are nowhere near as fast as Pacquiao's are.

I think Mosley would win if he fought Pacquiao but i wouldn't use the Margarito fight as an example of that. I think Pacquiao could trouble Mosley a lot.
    It wasnt Mayorgas speed that gave Mosley trouble , it was his size and in the end Shane dealt with him pretty imressivley . The punch stats would suggest Shane was well ahead

Shane outspeed a speedster like Collazo remember . Shanes always been quicker than every opponent hes had.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De la Hoya is still bitter after getting pwned by Pacquiao
    I don't see why ODLH should necessarily become a hardcore PacFanBoy just because he lost against him. Saying that he expects X guy to beat him has nothing to do with him being bitter. It's just another prediction regardless of being accurate or not.

Thread Information