Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley to face Campbell!

Sources have informed Fightnews.com that WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley will defend against former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell on August 1 at a site to be determined. The bout will be televised by SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING. We’ve also learned that the deal includes a rematch clause. The WBO has signed off on the bout, but WBO Paco Valcarcel told Fightnews that the winner must face interim titlist Lamont Peterson.

Bradley to face Campbell! | Fightnews - Boxing News Updated 24/7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley to face Campbell!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    Sources have informed Fightnews.com that WBO junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley will defend against former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell on August 1 at a site to be determined. The bout will be televised by SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING. We’ve also learned that the deal includes a rematch clause. The WBO has signed off on the bout, but WBO Paco Valcarcel told Fightnews that the winner must face interim titlist Lamont Peterson.

Bradley to face Campbell! | Fightnews - Boxing News Updated 24/7
    if this is true people gotta give Bradley awesome credit, the guy is just taking on the best possible fighters around, Witter, Holt, and now Campbell back to back, that's pretty impressive win or lose, and IMO due to his size and solid technique, if Campbell is anything but 110%, he could probably win pretty handily

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bradley out works him to take a close points win

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutly f!!!!ng outstanding.Had never given it thought but thinking of the two going heads up is awesome.Not sure about Campbell with the new weight.Bradly is no punk and is on a roll of wanting to fight top guys.Other fighters should follow his example!!!Off the top I think Bradley out hustles after soaking up some bodywork from Nate.Two of the classiest guys in the sport right chea.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Absolutly f!!!!ng outstanding.Had never given it thought but thinking of the two going heads up is awesome.Not sure about Campbell with the new weight.Bradly is no punk and is on a roll of wanting to fight top guys.Other fighters should follow his example!!!Off the top I think Bradley out hustles after soaking up some bodywork from Nate.Two of the classiest guys in the sport right chea.
    honestly see it happening like the Funeka fight, only difference Bradley takes Campbell's shots well and wins a close but clear decision

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bradley campbell should be fantastic

i think bradley will win without much issue but it should be intense

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Major props to Bradley for taking this fight. This is a damn good fight, its the old vet with every trick in the book against the talented, hungry youngster. Nate Campbell is 12 years older than Bradley, and will be his toughest test without question. Bradley will have to up his game even more than his last fight. He may get dropped early in this one as well, but he has the heart to battle back if he does. I think Bradley will win on points but Nate is one scrappy old dog, and I wouldnt bet against him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good competative fight but i think the age and size seperates them. Nate is moving up to light welter at the end of his career and Bradley is just getting starting out there.

The safe bet is Bradley on points but the concern for him is that Nate beat another young undfeated highly touted fighter to win the undisputed lightweight title.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Superb. I have nothing but respect for Timothy Bradley. He travels to Nottingham to fight Witter and win (plus he knocked him down with a sweet punch, and I've had many a dream I've done the same thing to Junior), he beats tough Edner Cherry, then unifies with Holt and now he's seeking out the best fights by first trying to sign Guzman, and instead getting Campbell. I'm extremely impressed.

As for the fight, I think it goes a decision and could be such a close fight that it swings either way. My money is with Bradley to retain.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going against the grain, but I think that Campbell loses the early rounds but applies enough pressure to take Bradley out late in the fight. Not because I think Bradley is weak in any area, I just think Campbell's experience will take it for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight between two guys willing to take on anyone. I pick Campbell as I'm not totally sold on Bradley yet.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a ton of respect for both of these fighters. I have no idea who will win, I can see it going either way though I'd definitely give Bradley the slight edge. However, Campbell is a very clever fighter who seems to be able to construct the right gameplan to suit his opponents. This should be a good one, Campbell is one of my favorite fighters so I'll be cheering for him, but I can't see myself being too upset if Bradley wins, he's got a great attitude and is willing to fight everybody it seems.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I while be pulling for Bradley he reminds me of Holyfeild and he was one of my favorite fighters so it kinda makes me want to root for him more.

Thread Information