Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default kickboxing!

For some reason i thought id ave a go at kickboxing, strange sport that! never done it before

did the skipping warm up then the coach took me aside and taught me the 4 punchs and 4 kicks that are used within kickboxing. i did some bagwork using these punches and kicks and putting little combos in then they put me into spar!
    sparred a lad my height and weight and was good, i was controlling the spar with punches and backed him up a few times, while he was better with kicks as got me a few times but good intro, then they put this beast of a fella in with me, polish to, spoke like ivan drago but probably works on a tomato farm. He was towering over me i couldnt reach him with a punch or kick and he was jabbing away and kicking me in, then just as i thought i could escape the corner i got a full kick in the face, then the trainer ended it, bloody hurt for my 1st session, no protective gear and suprisingly my career ended there and then!!! didnt go back
    im sure thats not whats meant to happen on the 1st go at it!
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: kickboxing!

Do you have legitimate boxing experience or anything? I can't see why they'd put you in to spar with two different people on your first day, that's just asking for a lawsuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope no experience, it fuckin hurt!

i was ok avoiding punches but kicks i couldnt do nothing about

ive taken up boxing now!
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could maybe understand light sparring...maybe. First day should be all basics, you shouldnt really be sparring at all in your first session....maybe not even the first month.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds View Post
    For some reason i thought id ave a go at kickboxing, strange sport that! never done it before

did the skipping warm up then the coach took me aside and taught me the 4 punchs and 4 kicks that are used within kickboxing. i did some bagwork using these punches and kicks and putting little combos in then they put me into spar!
    sparred a lad my height and weight and was good, i was controlling the spar with punches and backed him up a few times, while he was better with kicks as got me a few times but good intro, then they put this beast of a fella in with me, polish to, spoke like ivan drago but probably works on a tomato farm. He was towering over me i couldnt reach him with a punch or kick and he was jabbing away and kicking me in, then just as i thought i could escape the corner i got a full kick in the face, then the trainer ended it, bloody hurt for my 1st session, no protective gear and suprisingly my career ended there and then!!! didnt go back
    im sure thats not whats meant to happen on the 1st go at it!
    One thing to say about it all beside ouch: Ja pierdole
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yo beds i have done kickboxing on & off for 15 yrs, its a great sport which is quick to pick up on. sparring in your 1st session with 2 opponents its just not right, i have been to numerous different classes & different teachers & must say they are all totally different, my last instructor was great but he decided to quit because of work commitments so i didnt bother going anymore, its all abt the instructor. i seen sum bloody crazy ones over the yrs.

sorry to hear u had a bad experince man, but if u decide to try it again try another club.

i tried thai boxing once but as yrs of doin kickboxing the stance & everything was different totally thru me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im doing good ol fashioned boxing now, loving it and been invited to an invite only mma class which 1 of the boxing lad is a member of
    I'm the real pretty boy

Thread Information