Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clottey: "Margarito wasn't using loaded gloves on me"

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Clottey: "Margarito wasn't using loaded gloves on me"

link --> Clottey: "Margarito wasn't using loaded gloves on me"

VW: Antonio Margarito is currently suspended, as you know for the loaded glove scandal. Many suspect that he probably used loaded gloves for quite some time. When you look back, do you think Margarito was using anything illegal in the fight that you had with him?

JC: Everyone ask me that. (laughs). The truth is, nobody knows how long Margarito was doing that. I don't know if he was using it for a long time, but I know he wasn't using them on me, because when he fought me, he never hurt me. So he wasn't using it on me, I know.

VW: Ok. Pardon me for letting the fan side come out here, but I speak to fans around the globe on many levels and I want to put a fan respective argument to rest by getting your opinion on two things. First question - You've been in the ring with both Margarito and Cotto now. Despite the results of their fight, who do you think is the better fighter, and who would you say packs the most punch....who was stronger?

JC: Cotto is the better fighter. Far, far, far, far, far better. Margarito is tall, so when he hits you, depending on his distance, you feel it or you may not; But Cotto is short and low, so his angles are more precise, more compact. Cotto I think was much stronger, to me. When they fought, Cotto was beating Margarito until he lost.

VW: Ok. Second question - If Mayweather was to fight Manny Pacquiao, who do you like in that fight and why?

JC: (Laughs). This is a fight I would love to watch. I love and respect these two guys more than anyone. To be honest, Pacquiao is the best right now. And also, we've never seen Floyd Mayweather face a great southpaw like this one. Pacquiao would give Mayweather a helluva fight. He's not gonna allow Mayweather to do what he wants to do, he will force him to fight. Mayweather is just such a smart fighter. He is the best, and I love to watch him, but Pacquiao is my favorite to watch right now. I can't tell you who would win that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Clottey: "Margarito wasn't using loaded gloves on me"

Quote Originally Posted by XaduBoxer View Post

VW: Antonio Margarito is currently suspended, as you know for the loaded glove scandal. Many suspect that he probably used loaded gloves for quite some time. When you look back, do you think Margarito was using anything illegal in the fight that you had with him?

JC: Everyone ask me that. (laughs). The truth is, nobody knows how long Margarito was doing that. I don't know if he was using it for a long time, but I know he wasn't using them on me, because when he fought me, he never hurt me. So he wasn't using it on me, I know.

VW: Ok. Pardon me for letting the fan side come out here, but I speak to fans around the globe on many levels and I want to put a fan respective argument to rest by getting your opinion on two things. First question - You've been in the ring with both Margarito and Cotto now. Despite the results of their fight, who do you think is the better fighter, and who would you say packs the most punch....who was stronger?

JC: Cotto is the better fighter. Far, far, far, far, far better. Margarito is tall, so when he hits you, depending on his distance, you feel it or you may not; But Cotto is short and low, so his angles are more precise, more compact. Cotto I think was much stronger, to me. When they fought, Cotto was beating Margarito until he lost.

VW: Ok. Second question - If Mayweather was to fight Manny Pacquiao, who do you like in that fight and why?

JC: (Laughs). This is a fight I would love to watch. I love and respect these two guys more than anyone. To be honest, Pacquiao is the best right now. And also, we've never seen Floyd Mayweather face a great southpaw like this one. Pacquiao would give Mayweather a helluva fight. He's not gonna allow Mayweather to do what he wants to do, he will force him to fight. Mayweather is just such a smart fighter. He is the best, and I love to watch him, but Pacquiao is my favorite to watch right now. I can't tell you who would win that one.

everybody on the boxing world likes pac. srl, lennox, tyson, mosley, hatton, khan. I guess it's only pbf who hates pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mad_takamura View Post

everybody on the boxing world likes pac. srl, lennox, tyson, mosley, hatton, khan. I guess it's only pbf who hates pac.
    Comments like this are dumb as shit. Floyd doesn't hate Pac, they're rivaling for the P4P title and heading towards a huge megafight next year. Do you expect Floyd to come out and say "I love Manny Pacquiao, he's great"? In fact, when Manny Pacquiao stopped Erik Morales, who could you see on the HBO telecast jumping up and down like a crazy man in the crowd celebrating? Floyd Mayweather Jr. This is a business, and this guy knows how to sell a fight. He's not gonna ruin promotion like Shane Mosley would by saying stuff like "I love Manny, Manny is a good guy." That doesn't sell fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow Clottey is really honest, and actually knows what he is talking about, that is very refreshing to see, I always suspected Margarito wasn't wearing loaded gloves on Clottey just because he didn't damage Clottey that much.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good interview, Clottey should just move on and beat one of the other contenders and earn a rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Margarito probably started using loaded gloves after he got beat by Paul Williams.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Wow Clottey is really honest, and actually knows what he is talking about, that is very refreshing to see, I always suspected Margarito wasn't wearing loaded gloves on Clottey just because he didn't damage Clottey that much.
    And to Clottey's own words "he (Margarito) never hurt me..."

Maybe Team Margcheat used the wrong formula, it never hardened...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everyone dos like pac-man, but pbf hates him..............how many people hate pbf.........plenty.........he should eiter fight the top guys that we all want him to or just retire for good pbf

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The wrap he was accused of trying to use against Mosely never hardened either but he still got banned
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    everyone dos like pac-man, but pbf hates him..............how many people hate pbf.........plenty.........he should eiter fight the top guys that we all want him to or just retire for good pbf
    And yet people still buy his PPVs to see him get defeated. He knows how to work the game. He should had done it earlier in his career instead of being good and humble when he was ignored by the public and the casual sports fans. He's doing what Ali did back in the day to sell fights and it works.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

The wrap he was accused of trying to use against Mosely never hardened either but he still got banned
    From what I understand, that powder mixture once successfully loaded inside the gloves will become concrete-like later in the fight...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly i dont even think he cheated in Cotto match after seeing the fight with Clotty i just think Cotto gassed and he took advantage of it. People say why would Margarito cheat against Mosley then i would say because Mosley stamina and chin of steel is more of a problem. I mean each fighter while have a problem with another fighter i just think Mosley was simply to durable for Magarito and always would of been regardless i like to see a Cotto Margarito rematch so we can see who was better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Screw that, why was he damaging Cotto with poorly thrown punches then? It makes no sense, he gets terrible leverage on 95% of his punches, he isn't a super physically strong guy, he's just big and he has a great chin with great stamina.

He has terrible speed, terrible technique, and not the greatest timing, thats why I never liked him, cheating made me dislike him even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

You are dead wrong on that point, Nazeem Richardson stated they felt something hard in Margarito's wrap and that something fell out the third time when they started to examine it, because the other times apparently Margarito's camp wasn't even fully taking off the wraps. They found something hard in the other wrap as well, so it was only wrapped twice. That being said how was Margarito who wasn't known as a power puncher for most of his career all the sudden gain legitimate power in his hands?

The problem for Margarito against Mosley was, Shane's durability but the fact that Shane was too fast, he could keep out of Margarito's distance with ease, he could counter Margarito's slow punches with ease, and he could tie Margarito up with ease. Mayweather wouldn't have stopped Margarito but he would have easily done the same thing, and I believe Pacquiao would have been able to also stay away from Margarito all night, as would have Leonard and Benitez and Hearns and I think Duran stops Margarito.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Cotto i think gassed more then anything in the last rounds and as been prone to cut i would not say it is out of the question. And not saying Margarito would beat Cotto again i just said Margarito has a good chance if he can take the punishment he did the first time is all i ment.

Thread Information