Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Looks like Tevez is going to Man City

United have confirmed that Tevez will nto be signing, im sad to see him go but you cant blame him nothing has changed Berbatov and Rooney will be the first choice next season.

His agent has confirmed its between Chelsea and Man City, cant see him going Chelsea as it will just be the same situation he had at United with Anelka and Drogba he wont be guaranteed first team action.

I hope Fergie has some big players to come in id like to see Ribery, Benzema and looks like Valencia is the only cert. Football has gone mad if you ask me with all this money.

I think if City get Tevez Santa Cruz and Eto and possibly a couple of good defenders i can see them getting a champions league place next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Tevez is going to Man City

Big loss for man u.Great steal for man city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man city have got the potential now to be a top team

robinho tevez if they get santa cruz as well top strike force

ireland is becoming a class midfielder anyway so no buying there, a few top defenders are needed as they leaked a few to many last year, but shay in goal is a quality keeper
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ono has being saying this for the past 3 weeks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds View Post

ireland is becoming a class midfielder anyway so no buying there, a few top defenders are needed as they leaked a few to many last year, but shay in goal is a quality keeper
    They signed Santa Cruz if I am correct and Garrett Barry.... so yeah, it starts to look like something there but well, with all the money they are willing to land, it's not much of a surprise.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beds View Post

its called having lots and lots of money

football isnt about who has the best coaching setup, infrastructure, youth system etc - its all about who manages to spend the most dosh and i fear that with city already 60million into their spending they`ll challenge for the title this season completely undeserved ala chelsea.

On the flip side you have sides like west ham who still have owners who are very much in debt and once again we`ll have to make do with free transfers and loan signings while offloading our star players to teams like man city
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is still can't seen City getting any better than 6th next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

no way can anyone other than the big 4 compete with citeh this season

villa have lost their star player, spurs what for all their spending are born losers and as for newcastle.............
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

no way can anyone other than the big 4 compete with citeh this season

villa have lost their star player, spurs what for all their spending are born losers and as for newcastle.............
    Everton will get 5th

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ono has being saying this for the past 3 weeks.
    Ono certainly has. I also mentioned we were in talks with Gareth Barry before the media knew about it.

Tevez will be made public probably on July 1st - the same day of the new kit launch and possibly launch of a Man City internet tv channel.

We're also having one last round of talks with Barcelona over Samuel Eto'o. We've agreed a fee but we're stalling over personal terms. The idea is we're going to offer much better terms then he is currently on but not quite the 190k he is asking for. It will be a similar wage to Robinho's but with performance incentives which could mean a weekly wage close to what he is demanding. Personally will be surprised if this happens after the last meeting where we were from what i can gather 'astonished' at what he was asking for.

LeftyLee won't like this but Joleon Lescott is also a possibility once the tevez deal goes through and once we have reached a conclusion on the Eto'o front (positive or negative).

I've also been told there is going to be one other 'major announcement' this window (hopefully, if all goes well). No idea what it is yet though

EDIT: In the next few hours we will announce the signing of.....wait for it......Stuart Taylor from Aston Villa. Back-up goalkeeper (Joe Hart is going on loan to Birmingham)
    Last edited by ono; 06-23-2009 at 01:16 PM.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to add to yesterday i was told we are going to make an official move for Lescott in the next few days. He is on holiday in Dubai which is interesting because so was Gareth Barry when we held talks.

Anyway we expect Everton to reject the first offer and hold out for a figure around £16m. Once the ball is rolling on this one it could happen very quickly.

Also got told last night that City were becoming increasingly confident of landing a 'major surprise'

Didn't get any names or anything but i'd guess it would be somebody on the level of Ribery, Villa, Ibrahimovic etc... but i'll let you know as soon as i find out.

Exciting times. I remember staying up til 2am January 08 to see if we had signed Benjani.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest Lescott IS replaceable. Sure he's good, but we can get a good replacement for 15 million plus. Besides Lescott wouldn't turn down £90,000 a week so If City make a move past £15 million they can have him.

Just not Phil Jagielka otherwise I will commit suicide. I fukking love that man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    To be honest Lescott IS replaceable. Sure he's good, but we can get a good replacement for 15 million plus. Besides Lescott wouldn't turn down £90,000 a week so If City make a move past £15 million they can have him.

Just not Phil Jagielka otherwise I will commit suicide. I fukking love that man
    Personally i feel Lescott would be good for us with him being a left sided centre half. He can cover Bridge if he gets injured or if he carries on playing like a Sunday League footballer.

The only thing i worry about is this: Our style of play leaves us vulnerable to conceding because we try to be so attacking. The problem is teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea can all play like that because their opponents go into games with a mentality that a draw would be a great result so as such they do not commit themselves for fear of bein completely battered. So them 3 teams can play like that and get away with not shipping a fair few goals at the back.

Teams don't yet have that fear when playing us so we are often involved in exciting games that produce a lot of goals at both ends. Maybe with the signing on Tevez, Eto'o etc we will have.

Anyway getting to my original point, Everton seem such an organised team who play a disciplined system so players like Jagielka and Lescott look very solid....

My worry is that players like that will perform a bit like Dunne and Richards have this season because teams don't show us the same respect they do to the top teams. Maybe if we weren't so attack minded it would be different and players like Dunne and Richards would possibly be as solid as they were 2 years ago.

Anyway time will tell. Think the price will be between £15m-£18m...probably £15m rising to £18m if all goes well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just found out some pretty interesting news....

City have made an enquiry about John Terry. It's early days yet and it might not hit the papers for a few weeks (if at all depending on how well it goes). Anyway we made one in january but Chelsea weren't open to selling him and he wasn't so keen.

Terry isn't totally against the idea this time from what i gather especially as Barry, Tevez, RSC are sealed and Lescott and Eto'o a possibility.

Anyway watch this space....

Personally i'd be very surprised and i have only been told we are interested in him but the person who told me is also the same person who told me about Barry, RSC, Tevez and Stuart Taylor. He also told me about Wayne Bridge coming in and Vedran Corluka going out so, so far he hasn't been wrong. Anyway he just stated we are interested so we'll have to see how it pans out.

line up of -------given-------

richards------terry-----lescott----bridge

--------ireland---de jong---barry-----

----tevez-----Santa Cruz-----robinho

won't be half bad if it all goes to plan. Especially if we can add Eto'o (doubtful at the min).

Top 4 here we come!

Thread Information