Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Help with my diet?

I have just read ono's bible lol, and was wondering if you could help me out. The thing is I used to do quite a bit of amateur boxing and then last year I broke my hand and wrist and I basically just stopped all training. Anyway to cut a long story short when I got injured I weighed 215lbs which is pretty much the same as I weigh now but my body was in much better shape then, I mean I was no Evander but on the other hand I was no James Toney either (I'm getting there now though).

Anyway I've just bought myself some Whey Protein Impact whey protein - Protein powders | myprotein.co.uk and some creatine Creatine monohydrate - Creatine | myprotein.co.uk as these were the supplements I used to use when I was training before.

My workout was usually about 90 mins long and was set out between a friend of mine who is a fitness instructor and the owner of a boxing gym and was set out in rounds of approx 15 mins each therefore i'd do 5 rounds a day with the recomended rest between each activity mon-thurs and then an hour in Boxing club friday and sunday with saturday resting.

For example i'd do:
    -Hit heavy bag 3 mins.
    -Speed bag 2 mins.
    -40 sit ups touching right knee with left elbow and vice versa.
    -40 crunches.
    -Leg raises 90 seconds (just holding feet about 9-10 inches from floor).
    -Bench press 70kg 50 reps.
    -Work 15kg dumbells in each hand whilst doing leg curl of 40kg 20 reps each arm so 40 reps on the legs.
    -Curl 40kg 10 times on a curling bar.
    -10 push ups.

The above is one round and I would do 5 a day of these.

Before I started that though I would run on a treadmill at 10kmh for 3km one day and then the next day I would do a different type of running where I would walk at 6kmh for a minute then jog at 9.5kmh for a minute then turn it upto 16 kmh for another minute then back down to 6kmh and repeat. Altogether I did that excercise 6 times so 18 mins worth with a final minute of dropping 1 kmh every 10 secs from 6 to 0.

My biggest concern now is my diet. I don't think it will take me that long to get back into this training regimen again. I used to eat something along these lines.

Breakfast 7am.
    Bowl of porridge made with skimmed milk. A glass of fruit juice and 2 raw eggs.

Running exercise 8am.

Protein shake and creatine 9am.

Work out 11am. Always with a banana and a litre and half of water.

1pm Dinner.
    A bowl of homemade soup (an easy way to take a lot of vegetables on board I found) with 4-5 rice cakes.

5pm Tea.
    Variation of Chicken and rice 2 days, Tuna and pasta another 2 days, Steak egg oven chips and beans 1 day, haddock or cod fillets with jacket potatoes cheese and peas and/or carrots 1-2 days depending on how strict I was being. Sometimes I ate what I wanted on saturdays as I did no working out on these days.

Throughout the day I would drink plenty of water and probably 500ml Smoothies and same again in fruit juices.

Could you possibly help me with a diet plan? I don't know how far off being reasonable my old one was but I have never been in as bad shape as I am right now and I really need to convert some of this flab back into lean muscle.

I am 25 by the way.

I've already sent this to ONO as a PM and then thought I might aswell make it into a thread and find out what all you guys have to say on the matter. please help lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Help with my diet?

Looks decent. Shoot for 5-6 meals per day with protein, carbs and good fats (except post workout when u dont want too much fat) and you'll be fine. then when u lose a bunch of weight and it starts coming off slower you can get more precise with it.

Thread Information