Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NAAZIM RiCHARDSON "How in the hell was he making 130&135? Pacquiao is a big dude"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NAAZIM RiCHARDSON "How in the hell was he making 130&135? Pacquiao is a big dude"

Richardson had nothing but praise for Pacquiao, stating, "All of these guys underestimate Pacquiao thinking he's the small man. When I met Pacquiao, I wasn't saying how does this guy make welterweight? I was saying how in the hell was he making 130 and 135? Pacquiao is a big dude. Cotto keeps saying he's the bigger man, but that's going to be his downfall because if they make him suck down to 142-43, then his strength becomes his weakness because he is the bigger man and that is a lot of weight for him to cut. I always thought Cotto was draining down too much to make junior welterweight and that was the reason he used to get dropped so much."

full article

FIGHTHYPE \\ NAAZIM RICHARDSON: "ALL OF THESE GUYS UNDERESTIMATE PACQUIAO"
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NAAZIM RiCHARDSON "How in the hell was he making 130&135? Pacquiao is a big dude"

He looked no smaller than did Hatton at 140 if you ask me. Definitely looked strong at 140.

That's the problem I have with trying to force the other welters to shave off a few more pounds... he's had to do some serious drying up to hit those weights (hence looking absolutely shredded in his weigh in photos).
    Understandably he is still the smaller man but not by as much as everybody seems to think.

pac is in the twilight of his career and wants to make as much money as possible, hence wanting to fight the big names, who are all at 147... The problem is those guys are too strong.

Mosely has also said in an interview with Boxing Monthly they were asking for 144 or what ever to try and weaken him... he knows it... Richardson knows it... Anybody who saw the state of ODLH knows it... even Roach has basically said he knows it, saying he saw the IVF puncture in ODLH's arm and that he was spent.

Seems like the trainers and fighters know what the score is but his fans don't. Can't think why that would be.

*I'm not listening I'm not listening*

Last edited by AdamGB; 07-07-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NAAZIM RiCHARDSON "How in the hell was he making 130&135? Pacquiao is a big dude"

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    He looked no smaller than did Hatton at 140 if you ask me. Definitely looked strong at 140.

That's the problem I have with trying to force the other welters to shave off a few more pounds... he's had to do some serious drying up to hit those weights (hence looking absolutely shredded in his weigh in photos).
    Understandably he is still the smaller man but not by as much as everybody seems to think.

pac is in the twilight of his career and wants to make as much money as possible, hence wanting to fight the big names, who are all at 147... The problem is those guys are too strong.

Mosely has also said in an interview with Boxing Monthly they were asking for 144 or what ever to try and weaken him... he knows it... Richardson knows it... Anybody who saw the state of ODLH knows it... even Roach has basically said he knows it, saying he saw the IVF puncture in ODLH's arm and that he was spent.

Seems like the trainers and fighters know what the score is but his fans don't. Can't think why that would be.

*I'm not listening I'm not listening*

Well as you know fan is the root of fanatical, and the definition of fanatical is:

"Possessed with or motivated by excessive, irrational zeal."

That might be a good place to start looking for the answer as to why they can't admit the obvious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is still the smaller dude compare to these natural welters. He is a small fighter with BIG FIRE POWERS though. He's like a firarri engine in a honda civic body. Manny's big fists and huge calves are made for fightin'.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steelhammer View Post
    Pac is still the smaller dude compare to these natural welters. He is a small fighter with BIG FIRE POWERS though. He's like a firarri engine in a honda civic body. Manny's big fists and huge calves are made for fightin'.

People in glass houses........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't agree with Naazim on this one. For one just look at Humberto Soto, Robert Guerrero and Edwin Valero and tell me if PAC is naturally bigger than them. Height and frame(torso) wise PAC is way smaller than these guys who fought at 130 lbs.
    I think this article by Naazim makes PAC's accomplishments less of a feat and forces an issue on Manny's accomplishments on beating larger fighters like Morales, Marquez, Diaz, DelaHoya and Hatton not a big deal. It's a ploy to make PAC fighting welters like Mosely a fair deal.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I don't agree with Naazim on this one. For one just look at Humberto Soto, Robert Guerrero and Edwin Valero and tell me if PAC is naturally bigger than them. Height and frame(torso) wise PAC is way smaller than these guys who fought at 130 lbs.
    I think this article by Naazim makes PAC's accomplishments less of a feat and forces an issue on Manny's accomplishments on beating larger fighters like Morales, Marquez, Diaz, DelaHoya and Hatton not a big deal. It's a ploy to make PAC fighting welters like Mosely a fair deal.

Either fight at welter or don't. Forget the catchweight bullshit. Just shut up about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

have you ever met pacquiao? stood next to him? If not, then...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he was finding it hard to make 130 but I doubt 135 was that bad. Either way he won't weight more than 142 or so if he fights the welterweights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac weighed in 142 for a 147 bout. C'mon now Richardson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen Valero weigh in at 145 at super featherweight, or Humberto Soto.

Pacquiao has gradually grown, he was smaller than Morales in their first fight, but by the end he was 4 pounds heavier.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice avatar....

But yeah...

Why does it make Hatton not a big deal... Pac beat Hatton at his weight... no catchweight bullshit so as such he deserves 100% credit for beating Hatton.

I don't think morales etc are relativly bigger men either... Pac was still growing up when he started boxing... hence starting so low.

bottom line is if he trys to haggle a guy down to drain him then he doesn't deserve 100% of the credit that he would get for beating that guy at his weight. It's that simple.
    If Pac isn't big enough to fight at Welterweight then he isn't big enough to fight at Welterweight... It's that simple.

But he wants big paydays and all of the marquee names are at 147, which is just that little bit too big for him so what's a guy to do?

In terms of boxing there's little more that he can acheive now, like I said before he's in the twilight and wants to make as much $$$ as he can before getting out of dodge.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 07-07-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac walks around 155-165. He's a small dude.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    So he's pretty much the same size as Mayweather, if not slightly bigger then going by that.

One thing I did notice at the Hatton-Pacquiao weigh-in was that Pacquiao was BIGGER than Hatton. Whereas I thought Hatton looked bigger than Mayweather at their weigh-in (only saw that on tv), up close if you knew nothing of the 2 guys, you would have said Pac was bigger. I do think it was astonishing that he made the lower weights over the past few years, & the utmost credit to him for doing so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ASIAN SENSATION View Post
    So he's pretty much the same size as Mayweather, if not slightly bigger then going by that.

One thing I did notice at the Hatton-Pacquiao weigh-in was that Pacquiao was BIGGER than Hatton. Whereas I thought Hatton looked bigger than Mayweather at their weigh-in (only saw that on tv), up close if you knew nothing of the 2 guys, you would have said Pac was bigger. I do think it was astonishing that he made the lower weights over the past few years, & the utmost credit to him for doing so

I never understood the whole "Hatton is bigger than Pac" thing. Ok so Hatton fought at a bigger weight his whole career vs. Pac; but put them next to each other and I thought Ricky looked much smaller; thickness wise; Pac is THICK. Ricky looked like a day old corpse. Ricky is only bigger when he's way out of shape and stuffing every edible and drinkable thing down his throat. How did Pac ever make 106 is what I want to know? Great genetics; like Floyd as well.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information