Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I only seem to watch American TV Series!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I only seem to watch American TV Series!!

24 - The greatest programme in history!! I haven't watched the lastest season yet

Prison Break - I have watched all of these - awesome programme

House - Just about to start Season 5

The West Wing - I am on Season 5 - best script writing ever!!

One Tree Hill - Yes I am gay Love this programme and have watched every episode- New Season starts in September in the states I believe

The OC - Not as good as One Tree Hill but enjoyed it

Beverly Hills 90210 - New version is not great, but I watch it nonetheless

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Absolutely legendary

Angel - As above

Lie to Me - Have only watched the first 3 episodes, but am loving it!

Ones I intend to watch next:

The Wire
    Grey's anatomy
    Supernatural
    Roswell
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I only seem to watch American TV Series!!

I agree with you on 24!!! I love that show!! I've bought every season on DVD. You need to watch this past season, it's one of the best seasons. Just an FYI, in case you didn't know, next season is the last one unfortunately.

I liked Prison Break, but hated the ending.

No LOST? You have to watch that.

And you definitely need to add True Blood to your list. Bilbo posted links to the 1st season (there's only 12 episodes), in our thread about the 2nd season. You should give it a try.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I agree with you on 24!!! I love that show!! I've bought every season on DVD. You need to watch this past season, it's one of the best seasons. Just an FYI, in case you didn't know, next season is the last one unfortunately.

And you definitely need to add True Blood to your list. Bilbo posted links to the 1st season (there's only 12 episodes), in our thread about the 2nd season. You should give it a try.
    Cheers 'D'

Somebody told me that I could watch the 1st episode of lost and watch the last episode and not need to see the rest (1st season) so I never bothered.

Guess I'll have to take a look
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They show a lot of American TV here but I just can't get into any of it. I'm really too English, I stick to BBC entertainment which is often annoying but keeps me settled with the few series that I can relate to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lost is the best show ever on TV. Even better than Twin Peaks.. Yeah, I said it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Wire is the single best TV show ever made. Fact. Script-writing puts everything else to shame.

However, it requires a little patience at first, but its on a different level to almost anything else I've seen. It's much grittier than those you've posted though, more like Sopranos if anything.

I liked the first series of 24, didn't mind the 2nd & 3rd, tolerated the 4th, & then it all went too far downhill for me & got overly ridiculous.

Never really got into Prison Break mainly because I couldn't stand the main guy's acting (or lack of it)

House is brilliant, the guy is such a twat.

West Wing I never got into either.

The gay ones you've posted up until Buffy, no the few moments I've seen with my girlfriend could've turned me into some sociopathic conservative or as it's more commonly known 'Lyle Syndrome'.

Buffy was pretty good back in the day although it lasted longer than it should have.

Angel actually wasn't bad.

Lie to Me is pretty good, especially Tim Roth, however at times it does just seem like House with Lie Detectives, & Roth with not as good a supporting cast as Hugh Laurie has.

If you can deal with a Brit show, you have to watch Life on Mars.

US shows, Brotherhood is good & True Blood starts over here tonight, oh yeah & Lost is good, best as a boxset, I never bother watching it on TV

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, I hate a lot of British TV too. It's all just filler for the adverts as Mr Chomsky tells us.

I like my little bits though.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    The Wire is the single best TV show ever made. Fact. Script-writing puts everything else to shame.

However, it requires a little patience at first, but its on a different level to almost anything else I've seen. It's much grittier than those you've posted though, more like Sopranos if anything.

I liked the first series of 24, didn't mind the 2nd & 3rd, tolerated the 4th, & then it all went too far downhill for me & got overly ridiculous.

Never really got into Prison Break mainly because I couldn't stand the main guy's acting (or lack of it)

House is brilliant, the guy is such a twat.

West Wing I never got into either.

The gay ones you've posted up until Buffy, no the few moments I've seen with my girlfriend could've turned me into some sociopathic conservative or as it's more commonly known 'Lyle Syndrome'.

Buffy was pretty good back in the day although it lasted longer than it should have.

Angel actually wasn't bad.

Lie to Me is pretty good, especially Tim Roth, however at times it does just seem like House with Lie Detectives, & Roth with not as good a supporting cast as Hugh Laurie has.

If you can deal with a Brit show, you have to watch Life on Mars.

US shows, Brotherhood is good & True Blood starts over here tonight
    I love the Wire, I'm in the middle of going through the series for the third time.

I am a big scifi nerd and would highly recommend Battlestar Galactica. The original series was plucky comic relief and could be quite annoying. This reimagined series is nothing short of phenomenal.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last time I watched any sort of ongoing show on tv was back in the early 80's when Benny Hill was on. Well I did watch most of the 1st season of True Blood right before the second season started butb haven't seen any of this season. I hate tv. Ok; Crocodile Hunter and Jeff Corwin Experience
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so i guess nobody watches Friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post

I watch the few friends I have very carefully.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will shamelessly admit that when i was dating my ex gf, she loved friends and had every boxed set, and we would watch it before going to sleep often.. I've probably seen every episode, hahah.. It actually is a pretty funny show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    I will shamelessly admit that when i was dating my ex gf, she loved friends and had every boxed set, and we would watch it before going to sleep often.. I've probably seen every episode, hahah.. It actually is a pretty funny show.
    I like Friends, and Seinfeld. I always watch the reruns of those. They never get old.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

Cheers 'D'

Somebody told me that I could watch the 1st episode of lost and watch the last episode and not need to see the rest (1st season) so I never bothered.

Guess I'll have to take a look
    Sooooooo not true. LOST is a show that you need to watch every episode, and you have to pay close attention to everything. It's a mind-boggling show that's for sure.

Oh, and for pure laugh out loud fun, you have to watch Family Guy!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot o say I watch Frasier too - only up to Season 3 - love it!!

Thread Information