Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana White "Floyd Mayweather is not a superstar"

I dont watch MMA and think it's hugely overrated. I would never order an MMA ppv. and I think Dana White is usually a cunt. But he makes a lot of sense here imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmRk...layer_embedded

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White "Floyd Mayweather is not a superstar"

I think he was responding to Mayweather's "Whites needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA"

Mayweather: Whites needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA - Cagewriter - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who on earth is Dana White anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    He's that cheap guy that talks a lot and nobody like.

President of UFC also, maybe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    The guy who created UFC

Edit: Also known as that bald prick you see parading around

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, he ain't a superstar

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I will give credit to Dana White is, he has promoted UFC perfectly. Promoters in boxing could learn a thing or two from him. I don't know a lot about the MMA world, but it seems he is always putting together quality cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    I think he was responding to Mayweather's "Whites needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA"

Mayweather: Whites needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA - Cagewriter - Mixed Martial Arts - Yahoo! Sports

Yeah I've been reading about Floyd's remarks on an MMA forum the past few days; was wondering when Dana would say something.

Floyd would get owned in MMA, BJ Penn or Shawn Sherk would make him look stupid and ruin him; just like them dudes would get owned by him in a boxing match. 2 different sports who cares.

And white people didn't start MMA; UFC it was started by the Gracie family to showcase how superior their fighting system was to any on the planet. Joyce Gracie was fighting 3 guys a night; no weight limits or gloves, and winning. He would cripple Floyd. As usual Floyd talking out his ass and doesn't even know the facts. It was racial as well as stupid.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Yeah I've been reading about Floyd's remarks on an MMA forum the past few days; was wondering when Dana would say something.

Floyd would get owned in MMA, BJ Penn or Shawn Sherk would make him look stupid and ruin him; just like them dudes would get owned by him in a boxing match. 2 different sports who cares.

And white people didn't start MMA; UFC it was started by the Gracie family to showcase how superior their fighting system was to any on the planet. Joyce Gracie was fighting 3 guys a night; no weight limits or gloves, and winning. He would cripple Floyd. As usual Floyd talking out his ass and doesn't even know the facts. It was racial as well as stupid.
    I still have the first 5 UFC's, they are the shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and to be fair on he flip side of the coin, Dana White is a douche bag. A hypocrite who expects his fighters to behave but runs arund using the F word every other sentence and enslaves people with contracts. He did create a huge org. and props to him for working hard to see the sport grow. He is an ass though; who isn't these days. And Floyd is a superstar in sports; a bit of a stretch to say otherwise.

Don't like it don't watch. I love boxing above anything but MMA guys are some of the best athletes on the planet.
    Hidden Content

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

That one guy who looked like Sagat from Street Fighter who fought the sumo wrestler and kicked his teeth out of his mouth is burned into my head. I think it was either 1 or 2. I must have been about 10 years old. That was awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes they are. Floyd says they aren't on his level? Tell me Floyd would stand a chance against a guy who outweighs him by almost 100 pounds like Dan Severn outweighed Joyce.

Floyd couldn't fight in MMA because of his brittle ass hands and the small gloves in MMA would have him crying 1st punch he threw.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and to be fair on he flip side of the coin, Dana White is a douche bag. A hypocrite who expects his fighters to behave but runs arund using the F word every other sentence and enslaves people with contracts. He did create a huge org. and props to him for working hard to see the sport grow. He is an ass though; who isn't these days. And Floyd is a superstar in sports; a bit of a stretch to say otherwise.

Don't like it don't watch. I love boxing above anything but MMA guys are some of the best athletes on the planet.
    I've seen that interview though & he actually says that they're incredible athletes, his dislike seems more aimed at White than the fighters. The comment about race, whilst badly phrased (would you expect otherwise from Floyd) does have some truth to it in the sense that in recent years the popularity of a fighter & hence sport can be related to the ethnicity of fighters. I'm not saying that fans only come from one background, but the popularity of Manny Pacquiao has boosted Fillipino interest in the sport, similarly with Khan & much of the Asian community in Britain, which first got into boxing due to Naz (even though he was Arab). Look at the support Ricky Hatton & Joe Calzaghe had & you can see why UFC is still way behind boxing in Britain. In UFC, we don't really have a 'star' (no Bisping doesn't count), whilst our leading boxers are everywhere, the exception being Haye who doesn't really have any solid fanbase in the same way Hatton, Calzaghe, Froch & Khan do.
    Last edited by JazMerkin; 07-21-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

White should should stick to what he knows and shut his arse.Though I wouldn't want any part of a wager on who says the stupidest shite between Brock Lessner & Mayweather ....Battle royal ! But I think White is right in this case

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by markb018 View Post

That one guy who looked like Sagat from Street Fighter who fought the sumo wrestler and kicked his teeth out of his mouth is burned into my head. I think it was either 1 or 2. I must have been about 10 years old. That was awesome
    1st one that was I think, serious entertainment. Keith Hackney againsed that Emanuelle yarborough (spelling) in UFC 3 I think was, unreal. He was like 600+pounds and got battered but Keith broke his hand and was out after that.

I think in UFC 4 he (Keith) was againsed the guy that ran around the ring after the Kimo Gracie fight in UFC 3 (and got shouted at by Big John the ref). He was thumping him in the bollocks!

It was great then, proper like!

Thread Information