Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacquiao initially installed as the 2 to 1 favorite against Cotto

Share/Bookmark
    odaks Guest

Default Pacquiao initially installed as the 2 to 1 favorite against Cotto

Pacquiao is favored 2 to 1 to beat Cotto. Is this surprising? How do you see the betting odds will pan out nearer to fight night?

This is a similar odds of Pacquiao-Hatton.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao initially installed as the 2 to 1 favorite against Cotto

I hope this isn't a Xadu-esque retread. I get the fear of god whenever I step forth into a Manny Pac thread these days.

As for the fight. Well, I think Manny is being built up on his great wins over the almighty David Diaz, needle marked DLH and "Ooh, I forgot to open my skull and put my brain in" Hatton. Whereas, Cotto lost to Margarito and had a close scrap with Clottey.

I can understand why Manny is favourite, but I give Cotto a very decent shot at knocking ten bales of hay out of the weird dwarf. Cotto is significantly bigger than Hatton, hits harder and can actually keep his hands up a fair bit. I would love to see how Manny takes Cotto's shots.

I'm hoping for Manny to be blown out of the ring and hopefully into orbit never to be seen again.

odaks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I hope this isn't a Xadu-esque retread. I get the fear of god whenever I step forth into a Manny Pac thread these days.

As for the fight. Well, I think Manny is being built up on his great wins over the almighty David Diaz, needle marked DLH and "Ooh, I forgot to open my skull and put my brain in" Hatton. Whereas, Cotto lost to Margarito and had a close scrap with Clottey.

I can understand why Manny is favourite, but I give Cotto a very decent shot at knocking ten bales of hay out of the weird dwarf. Cotto is significantly bigger than Hatton, hits harder and can actually keep his hands up a fair bit. I would love to see how Manny takes Cotto's shots.

I'm hoping for Manny to be blown out of the ring and hopefully into orbit never to be seen again.
    This is the initial odds and it could even up or widen come fight time. I remember Pacquiao-Hatton widen to almost 3 to 1 after the weigh in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny was around 2/5 to beat Hatton, I think them odds are pretty fair to be honest maybe 4/7 Pac would be about rite, but Cotto didnt look great last time out if im honest.

odaks Guest

Pacquiao is 1/2 to defeat Cotto at skybet.com

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure how the odds might change....but probably going more towards Pac as he is the man with the momentum and the more noticeable performances.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by odaks View Post
    Pacquiao is favored 2 to 1 to beat Cotto. Is this surprising? How do you see the betting odds will pan out nearer to fight night?

This is a similar odds of Pacquiao-Hatton.
    Actually, I see it more like Pac v DLH.

In this instance though, I don't think Pac is going to take Miguel out. Cotto may have some miles on the clock now but he's far from washed up. Over-rated, but not over the hill imo...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those odds are about right. Hopefully, nearer the off, loads of money will come for Pac so Cotto will drift to a backable price.. even though I think Pac will KO him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Manny was around 2/5 to beat Hatton, I think them odds are pretty fair to be honest maybe 4/7 Pac would be about rite, but Cotto didnt look great last time out if im honest.
    Man Cotto did some great things in his last fight against Clottey. Cotto knocked down Clottey with a jab (no one has ever knocked him down!) and fought with a gaping hole above his eye for nine rounds and managed to make it a close fight as opposed to one sided in favor of Clottey. Cotto even roughed Clottey up by picking him up and throwing him down (that boy's strong!) and even made Clottey a whining bee-atch later in the fight. Manny is in for a very long, difficult and brutal fight, whether he wins or loses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speed will be the factor as in all of Mannys fights as of late, if Cotto comes in weight drained he will be in trouble
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Speed will be the factor as in all of Mannys fights as of late, if Cotto comes in weight drained he will be in trouble
    speed isn't everything, as evident in Jones/Tarver II, timing can be used to neutralize speed, and IMO Cotto's ability to time punches is phenomenal, and IMO he's gonna be too much for Pacquiao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    speed isn't everything, as evident in Jones/Tarver II, timing can be used to neutralize speed, and IMO Cotto's ability to time punches is phenomenal, and IMO he's gonna be too much for Pacquiao
    We will see come fight time, I like both guys and both have advantages in their favor...will be a good one

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will see come fight time, I like both guys and both have advantages in their favor...will be a good one
    same here i'll be rooting for Cotto but have nothing against Pacquiao himself, his fans on the other hand, that's another story, it's a pretty even match-up honestly and after re-watching

Cotto-Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Margarito, Urkal, and Clottey
    and
    Pacquiao-Marquez 2, Diaz, Hatton, Morales III

i think Cotto has a slight edge, just due to physicality and well unlike Hatton, Cotto can actually box, should be a good fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

same here i'll be rooting for Cotto but have nothing against Pacquiao himself, his fans on the other hand, that's another story, it's a pretty even match-up honestly and after re-watching

Cotto-Quintana, Judah, Mosley, Margarito, Urkal, and Clottey
    and
    Pacquiao-Marquez 2, Diaz, Hatton, Morales III

i think Cotto has a slight edge, just due to physicality and well unlike Hatton, Cotto can actually box, should be a good fight
    Agreed he won't just wait for the shots to come and hope he lands a bomb, Cotto will actually box...I like the idea of this bout should be good

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm suprised at how much Cotto has been written off. Nobody has ever had an easy time with him and Manny is hardly Mr invincible.

A lot of people thought he lost to J M Marquez only 4 fights ago and that was at super featherweight.

I may put some money on Cotto for this one, he's FAR too good a fighter to be written off against a man effectively moving up three weight classes 18 months ago.

Thread Information