Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh! No Ricky.... from the rumor mill: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats Floyd

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oh! No Ricky.... from the rumor mill: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats Floyd

Robert Morales learned from Golden Boy's Eric Gomez
    this week that Ricky Hatton still has serious interest in Juan Manuel Marquez as an opponent should he return to boxing. Gomez also said that Hatton has told Richard Schaefer that if he does return, he wants to do so with a big fight, which doesn't match the type of names that have been mentioned in rumor for a supposed November Hatton return.

What do you think about this guys?

Rumor: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats Floyd - Bad Left Hook

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oh! No Ricky.... from the rumor mill: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    this week that Ricky Hatton still has serious interest in Juan Manuel Marquez as an opponent should he return to boxing. Gomez also said that Hatton has told Richard Schaefer that if he does return, he wants to do so with a big fight, which doesn't match the type of names that have been mentioned in rumor for a supposed November Hatton return.

Rumor: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats*Floyd - Bad Left Hook
    I think it's a bad idea, if he really wants to fight again, why not rematch Collazo? I seriously don't think Hatton will get back in the ring though, especially against JMM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oh! No Ricky.... from the rumor mill: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats Floyd

Ricky showing interest to fight JMM is one thing, to be seriously interested... is another.

Hatton is tempting fate or maybe just hyping or.... I think he's just getting his feet wet on this sort since he's going full time promoting, I heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's thinking Floy will maybe make JMM old in their fight; JMM is old but Floyd won't be the one to make him older. JMM mops the floor with Ricky in 5 or less rounds. JMM will let Ricky get him to the ropes; then open up on him and it won't b pretty, imo anyways.

War Hatton!!!!
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky showing interest to fight JMM is one thing, to be seriously interested... is another.

Hatton is tempting fate or maybe just hyping or.... I think he's just getting his feet wet on this sort since he's going full time promoting, I heard.
    According to this article this is at least 3rd hand information. "Robert Morales learned from Golden Boy's Eric Gomez "

If JMM beat PBF, he will most definately looking to step in against PAC one more time this time for the 145 lb title.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Marquez beats Floyd, what would he have to prove by fighting a guy (Hatton) who's already been dominated by Floyd?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky must be looking to add another classic knock out loss to his collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hatton has also lost his main value in the big fights the British money, if he only sold 300k ppv in the Uk against Pac imagine the numbers against JMM a fighter not as popular and this after the last time the uk public bought the PPV it lasted a full 6 minutes.

Hattons days are numbered in fighting big HBO main events on ppv.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAtton would get murdered again and get a third violent k.o... we don't want that and he doesn't neither.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton is just thinking ahead, if jmm beats floyd that could make him p4p king. We all know hatton loves fighting/getting ktfo by p4p kings.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Rumor: Hatton wants Marquez if Marquez beats*Floyd - Bad Left Hook
    I think it's a bad idea, if he really wants to fight again, why not rematch Collazo? I seriously don't think Hatton will get back in the ring though, especially against JMM.
    Because he knows Collazo would knock the shit out of him.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    HAtton would get murdered again and get a third violent k.o... we don't want that and he doesn't neither.
    The hell we don't. Who wouldn't want to see Hatton do a Naseem Hamed back flip after talking a Marquez upper cut on that window he calls a chin?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard time seeing this .If anything Hatton should go for one more major clash with Bradley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton hasn't a clue what he wants right now. We know GB would love it if he fought on, this is just speculation really and I don't hold much credence to this TBH.

Hatton will be the one who lets his intentions known.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this jucture, it is but just a rumor...

Cleverly steered and energized by GBP... all for a show, it's potential, or at the least...staying in the news. Boxing has theatre too, as we're no fools to unrecognize that.

I am not going to make a lot out of it for now, as Killersheep pointed out, it is third hand news, but I will stash and store this tidbit for a future revisit.

I see it as a mere small piece to a larger slice in future blockbuster news. They are major names, JMM and Ricky Hatton, and a major promo outfit in GBP, they demand and do deserve attention from us boxing fans.

Thread Information