Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ibragimov retires

The Associated Press: Former heavyweight champion Ibragimov retires

"His promoter Leon Margules of Seminole Warriors Boxing confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that the former WBO titleholder will no longer fight, after a short professional career in which he went 22-1-1 and had 17 knockouts."
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ibragimov retires

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    The Associated Press: Former heavyweight champion Ibragimov retires

"His promoter Leon Margules of Seminole Warriors Boxing confirmed to The Associated Press on Thursday that the former WBO titleholder will no longer fight, after a short professional career in which he went 22-1-1 and had 17 knockouts."
    forgot he exsisted to be honest, i wish him well in retirement tho

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another capable heavy that looked like a substitute P.E instructor.Skilled but I thought he made the decision to retire midway through the Wlad fight
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ics/barney.gif
    so long Mr.Rubble

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like the phrase at the end of the article about him being one of only five ever southpaws to become world champions.

"Ibragimov was one of only five southpaw heavyweight champions in history, the others being Michael Moorer, Corrie Sanders, Chris Byrd and Ruslan Chagaev."

Not exactly a who's who of the heavyweight greats...which leads to the question why are there no ATG heavyweight champions that are lefties?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I like the phrase at the end of the article about him being one of only five ever southpaws to become world champions.

"Ibragimov was one of only five southpaw heavyweight champions in history, the others being Michael Moorer, Corrie Sanders, Chris Byrd and Ruslan Chagaev."

Not exactly a who's who of the heavyweight greats...which leads to the question why are there no ATG heavyweight champions that are lefties?
    I thought Moorer could have held on for a while if it wasn't for the big right hand by Foreman. What people don't really know is that he had a terrible alcohol addiction. Especially when he was on top o' the heep.When Foreman landed that shot he turned to a full blown alcoholic and basically IMO drank his skills away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Fightfan View Post

I thought Moorer could have held on for a while if it wasn't for the big right hand by Foreman. What people don't really know is that he had a terrible alcohol addiction. Especially when he was on top o' the heep.When Foreman landed that shot he turned to a full blown alcoholic and basically IMO drank his skills away.
    Have always liked Moorer,more so looking back on him.Very skilled but man he had 'issues'.Was a converted southpaw,that jab was killer when it was on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Have always liked Moorer,more so looking back on him.Very skilled but man he had 'issues'.Was a converted southpaw,that jab was killer when it was on.
    He had begun training (other fighters.) Is he still?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird aint it!! I really don't know why. I mean Michael Moorer is the only one that was evenly remotely decent
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

El Kabong Guest

Hell it wasn't until 1966 when Karl Mildenberger fought Ali that a southpaw actually got to fight for a title in the heavyweight division!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Weird aint it!! I really don't know why. I mean Michael Moorer is the only one that was evenly remotely decent
    Problem is the likes of Tyson and Frazier were natural lefties that were converted to fight orthodox so their lead hands had freak power!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DAWGSWIN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

He had begun training (other fighters.) Is he still?

Well as we've seen he is a second to Freddie Roach in training Pac-Man. I think he is starting train people in Freddie's gym now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a shame, sultan always reminded me of a modern day frazier....

no really
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ibragimov was decent enough, but seemingly a bit of a careerist. One points defeat and then out of there. Still, as long as he's happy in what he's doing.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Ibragimov retires

I almost forgot about Sultan he totally vanished after the Vlad fight 1 and done I guess. Speaking of southpaws I really think Corrie Sanders could have been a force to reckon with had he taken his career more seriously he was fast had decent power and had a great straight left hand when he threw it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good....bye....who cares.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information