Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BJ Penn: George St. Pierre Uses Steroids

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    To be fair I'm not totally sure where I'm going with the last part Except for some vague idea that other Canadians don't like people from Quebec which may be wildly inaccurate.
    For the record, I'm quite fond of Quebec. However, I would probably not admit than in some non-anonymous setting.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair I'm not totally sure where I'm going with the last part Except for some vague idea that other Canadians don't like people from Quebec which may be wildly inaccurate.
    There is a rivalry between French Canadians-English Canadians and between Quebec and Ontario, some of both camp do not like the one from the other but it is far from being universal, just a cultural thing like the rivalry you can find in Spain between peoples from Catalogne and the rest of Spain, for example.
    As for BJ: he's full of shit, he accused St-Pierre of greasing his body, which has been proven to be wrong when they looked at the tapes and when the inquiries has been finished. He just can't stomach that St-Pierre beat him a first time and totally whooped him a second one and he looks for reasons to justify the beating he received.

As for the record, St-PIerre trains with Wrestling team Canada, Jiu-Jitsu team Canada under Fabio Hollanda, he trains his boxing skills with the Grant Brothers and spared with the like of Joachim Alcine and he trains his thai boxing with Phil Nurse, arguably the best Muay thai coach in N.Y, that is what I call a more than killing team and with his extraordinary dedication to the sport, it explains well why he's in the top 5 of the best fighters at the moment.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still wouldn't be surprised if they found something else at some point that wasn't able to be detected at the time, I mean HGH was only found out because an anonymous sample was sent in to the Olympic drug board I think.

But yes I would not argue at all that he's a great athlete either way. He's obviously a naturally strong guy anyway.

And yeeesss baseball is a big steroid sport, the all time leader in home runs for a season and career used, he just said he didn't know they were roids, two more of the biggest stars in the sport just got caught out this past week. I assume since you're from Ireland you at least keep up with football/soccer slightly, David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez were found to have tested positive last week and they are Kaka, Steven Gerrard type big names. And its just one name after another, its a bit sad but its gotten to the point where I see a very strong guy in any sport and I think hmmm.

Which actually makes me think, boxing has remained relatively immune to all of the steroid suspicion games. I mean considering there have been positive tests and obviously more people than those that were caught have used. In pretty much any other major sport in the US the rumors around Bernard Hopkins, for example, would be rampant.
    The fact is "nutrition" is on the very border of scientific manipulation atm, so often the most well conditioned guys are almost "fueled" rather than nurtured.
    Its part of modern sport I guess, we just have to establish a point past which foods/fuel should be interfered with.

I've actually heard of those guys!
    i really didn't think it was all that large a problem, but a quick google search revealed THOUSANDS of reports and allegations, that is crazy man!

Boxing is a sport where physicality is overcome by experience and skill.
    Even the strongest fittest guy can be exploited by the likes of a Bernard Hopkins, a Floyd Mayweather or a Pernell Whittaker.
    Thats why I like it so much, sheer physicality can't replace the time honoured investment in ones skills and boxing brain...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

according to an olympic judo athlete i know, lots of combat sports athletes are on 'roids. period. so why should st. peirre be different? he may be, or he may not be..until he tests positive why worry? and a few yearsa back grappling unlimited had a good pro roid article in it. maybe 50 years ago creatine would have been considered doping as well... not advocating, just asking what if?

Thread Information