Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who Else Thought Jose Luis Ramirez, Gave Alexis Arguello A Bit Of A Boxing Lesson ?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Who Else Thought Jose Luis Ramirez, Gave Alexis Arguello A Bit Of A Boxing Lesson ?

I watched this A few days ago again, and i was shocked how well Jose Luis Ramirez done certainly not what i remembered. He totally had Alexis Arguello off balance, especially with his right jab. He was constantly countering Alexis Arguello, and when he got in trouble he dumped Alexis Arguello on the seat of his pants.

Now i do like Alexis Arguello alot, and thought he made a good effort coming back somewhat in the later rounds. But that was just totally Jose Luis Ramirez's night, atleast 6-4 with the knockdown.

But maybe things would of been different had it been a 15 round fight, because Alexis Arguello. Had been behind in fights, quite a few times until he turned it on in the later rounds between 11-15.

Aka Ray Maninci, Ruben Castillo, Ruben Olivares, ETC. But what was your thoughts on Jose Luis Ramirez's performance ?
    Last edited by ICB; 08-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Else Thought Jose Luis Ramirez, Gave Alexis Arguello A Bit Of A Boxing Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I watched this A few days ago again, and i was shocked how well Jose Luis Ramirez done certainly not what i remembered. He totally had Alexis Arguello off balance, especially with his right jab. He was constantly countering Alexis Arguello, and when he got in trouble he dumped Alexis Arguello on the seat of his pants.

Now i do like Alexis Arguello alot, and thought he made a good effort coming back somewhat in the later rounds. But that was just totally Jose Luis Ramirez's night, atleast 6-4-1 with the knockdown.

But maybe things would of been different had it been a 15 round fight, because Alexis Arguello. Had been behind in fights, quite a few times until he turned it on in the later rounds between 11-15.

Aka Ray Maninci, Ruben Castillo, Ruben Olivares, ETC. But what was your thoughts on Jose Luis Ramirez's performance ?
    I thought he did well & had him with the jab early, but I felt that after a difficult few opening rounds that Arguello took over & never really looked back. It wasn't Arguello's best performance by any means, but I thought he just about edged it, but I haven't seen the fight in a while & don't have it stored, but I do remember thinking he did just about enough to take the fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who Else Thought Jose Luis Ramirez, Gave Alexis Arguello A Bit Of A Boxing Lesson

If you ever get the chance, check out the performance of 89-5 Ramirez vs some nobody named Manuel Hernandez. Hernandez boxed circles around Ramirez, but there was no way they were going to give him the victory over a star like Ramirez.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

Now i do like Alexis Arguello alot, and thought he made a good effort coming back somewhat in the later rounds. But that was just totally Jose Luis Ramirez's night, atleast 6-4-1 with the knockdown.

I thought he did well & had him with the jab early, but I felt that after a difficult few opening rounds that Arguello took over & never really looked back. It wasn't Arguello's best performance by any means, but I thought he just about edged it, but I haven't seen the fight in a while & don't have it stored, but I do remember thinking he did just about enough to take the fight
    They shared alot of the early rounds, but the 6th round was a big round for Alexis Arguello too lose. Because he clearly hurt Jose Luis Ramirez, in that round and looked on his way to really being dominant, but he was dropped and those 2 points he lost. Was too big of a deficit for him to comeback from IMO.

And remember even though Alexis Arguello won most of the later rounds, he clearly lost the last round which was an important round. And that sealed the deal for me anyway, and after that i had no doubt Jose Luis Ramirez pulled it out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

They shared alot of the early rounds, but the 6th round was a big round for Alexis Arguello too lose. Because he clearly hurt Jose Luis Ramirez, in that round and looked on his way to really being dominant, but he was dropped and those 2 points he lost. Was too big of a deficit for him to comeback from IMO.

And remember even though Alexis Arguello won most of the later rounds, he clearly lost the last round which was an important round. And that sealed the deal for me anyway, and after that i had no doubt Jose Luis Ramirez pulled it out.
    I remember doing it round by round & I thought Arguello had it 6-4, even with the KD. Lol, I don't think we ever agree on a scorecard Ice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think that the first Whitaker-Ramirez fight was not the outrageous robbery that everyone made it out to be.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    I also think that the first Whitaker-Ramirez fight was not the outrageous robbery that everyone made it out to be.
    Well i thought it was pretty bad, Pernell Whitaker dominated the early rounds. Jose Luis Ramirez made a slight comeback in the middle rounds, but that was it and Pernell Whitaker regained command of the fight, in the later rounds.

Yes Pernell Whitaker didn't stand his ground enough. But it was his first title shot so he was still a little bit inexperienced, but he still gave Jose Luis Ramirez a throughout boxing lesson, atleast 8 rounds to 4.

Thread Information