Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pavlik & Williams agree to terms, will fight on October 3rd

Well according to ESPN, they agreed to terms, and it looks like the fight is on.

I am obviously pissed, because they fukking screwed Sergio over big time on this, not only did they screw him out of a title fight by not honoring the contract, but they kept him from getting another fight all this time.

I'm waiting to hear from Sergio, to find out what happened.

I bet Arum paid Sergio off big time, but I bet that won't be reported anywhere.

Kelly Pavlik to defend titles vs. Paul Williams on Oct. 3 - ESPN

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik & Williams agree to terms, will fight on October 3rd

ha, I was just about to post this.

I like it. A lot actually.

I might favor Williams, but I think people are probably underrating Pav after the Hopkins fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

I might favor Williams, but I think people are probably underrating Pav after the Hopkins fight.
    If Pavlik had a hard time with Hopkin's volume, what chance does he stand against Williams. I may be underestimating Pavlik and I hope so for the sake of an interesting fight, but Williams should look really good against anyone that doesn't have amazing footwork...............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all i can say is fuk yea !!!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool.Much love Diane but Sergio can wait .Don't think either guy had many massive options.Year ago would give Williams no shot but I'm 50-50 now...dont really care who wins,not much to the imagination really.Two guys who impose their wills and have much pressure.Whats not to like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams is goin to do some work on Pavlik's face.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

If Pavlik had a hard time with Hopkin's volume, what chance does he stand against Williams. I may be underestimating Pavlik and I hope so for the sake of an interesting fight, but Williams should look really good against anyone that doesn't have amazing footwork...............
    I don't think it was Hopkins volume, he didn't really throw that much if I remember correctly (well for him he did but not compared to many guys), its just Hopkins, nobody looks good against him, granted Pav looked worse than most but that's not really shocking, Pavlik is everything Hopkins could ever want stylistically, a guy that's slow of hand and foot and needs to be set to punch is always gonna have problems with Hopkins movement and Hopkins is probably still the best in boxing at taking away a fighters jab and if you watch Pavlik everything he does revolves around the jab, everything starts with it, the jab-right hand is his meal ticket. Take it away, make him hesitant to throw it and he's SOL. Really I picked Hopkins to win at the time but looking back I'm surprised I had any doubt, Pav was perfect for him.

Williams will bring a lot more volume but he'll be a much bigger target for Kelly, he's just not as slick as Bernard. He does move pretty well too which will trouble Kelly I think. That and Paul's volume could keep Pav on the defensive. So I'll probably pick Paul but Pav has chances here that weren't there against Hopkins, he'll land more right hands.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 08-11-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally P. Williams fighting in his rightful weightclass. Paul will have the speed and workrate edge here. Kelly should put on the pressure early on impose his power advantage from the get go. This is a toss up but I'll be praying hard that Kelly wins big via Kayo. GO KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Finally P. Williams fighting in his rightful weightclass. Paul will have the speed and workrate edge here. Kelly should put on the pressure early on impose his power advantage from the get go. This is a toss up but I'll be praying hard that Kelly wins big via Kayo. GO KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm with you, I want Kelly to win but I want Williams to become a big name and get fights he deserves also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I'm with you, I want Kelly to win but I want Williams to become a big name and get fights he deserves also.
    Williams is gonna be ducked no matter what, the guy is a freak of nature from the junior middleweights down. Kelly being the stronger guy in there, I'm still scared for him facing Williams
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams winning this fight will just cause him to be ducked even more. I see this being a pretty lop sided fight. Pavlik I think is on the decline since the loss to B-Hop. Breaking windows with his fists, getting hammered to the point of needing to goto rehab, punches fans in the junk. Very much looking forward to it as it is another great notch to have on his belt.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big fan of Williams, but he's nowhere near as crafty as Hopkins and his chin has never been tested the way it's going to be tested in this fight. He also doesn't have the power to keep Pavlik wary and off of him. Great fight though and I'm glad it got made. Even if Williams loses, with his style this exposure should make him a more marketable fighter.

Pavlik by mid-round TKO in a FOTY candidate.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I don't think it was Hopkins volume, he didn't really throw that much if I remember correctly (well for him he did but not compared to many guys), its just Hopkins, nobody looks good against him, granted Pav looked worse than most but that's not really shocking, Pavlik is everything Hopkins could ever want stylistically, a guy that's slow of hand and foot and needs to be set to punch is always gonna have problems with Hopkins movement and Hopkins is probably still the best in boxing at taking away a fighters jab and if you watch Pavlik everything he does revolves around the jab, everything starts with it, the jab-right hand is his meal ticket. Take it away, make him hesitant to throw it and he's SOL. Really I picked Hopkins to win at the time but looking back I'm surprised I had any doubt, Pav was perfect for him.

Williams will bring a lot more volume but he'll be a much bigger target for Kelly, he's just not as slick as Bernard. He does move pretty well too which will trouble Kelly I think. That and Paul's volume could keep Pav on the defensive. So I'll probably pick Paul but Pav has chances here that weren't there against Hopkins, he'll land more right hands.
    Williams doesn't only bring volume he also brings a 20 foot reach. In the B-Hop fight fight, I really believe the Hopkins volume and constant pressure are what won that fight for him, he had Kelly doing a Winky Wright defense impression all night.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really split on how Williams should fight him.We know Pavlik,what you see is pretty much what you get,forward motion wrecking ball......I think it'll come down to Williams style....he rarely (Margarito fight) fights tall and uses natural freaky tools.More commonly bends in,head up but with huuuuge volume.Mixed it nice with Verno,head to body.Have to lean even more so to Pavlik.Rue Paul has to repect that straight power,and he gets clipped quite a bit.

Can they just move things forward and make this one for nextweek

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Really split on how Williams should fight him.We know Pavlik,what you see is pretty much what you get,forward motion wrecking ball......I think it'll come down to Williams style....he rarely (Margarito fight) fights tall and uses natural freaky tools.More commonly bends in,head up but with huuuuge volume.Mixed it nice with Verno,head to body.Have to lean even more so to Pavlik.Rue Paul has to repect that straight power,and he gets clipped quite a bit.

Can they just move things forward and make this one for nextweek
    Put this on the Jones - Lacy undercard and all of a sudden I'm paying for it.

Thread Information