Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones wants Anderson Silva.

Yes i heard about this its meant to be happening when Andersons contract ends with UFC and its going to be a boxing match not a MMA fight.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Roy Jones wants Anderson Silva.

What is this obsession with wanting Anderson and vice versa? I don't understand it, there really is no money to be made and it does not do anything for their careers and who cares what the outcome would be. If they want each other so bad then go on some remote island somewhere and duke it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see the fight selling well because it would draw mma and boxing fans. I would favor Andersen to win at this stage in both fighters careers.

It would be more interesting if he took on Chad Dawson, but it seems fair to choose a past prime Roy Jones seeing that Andersen isn't known as a pro boxer and is not so young himself.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    What is this obsession with wanting Anderson and vice versa? I don't understand it, there really is no money to be made and it does not do anything for their careers and who cares what the outcome would be. If they want each other so bad then go on some remote island somewhere and duke it out.
    I cant see how there's no money to be made from a fight like this?

Two worlds colliding...? Its a crazy product, i hope it happens
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post

This would be a HUGEEEEEEEEE fight! I don't know where you're from jon09, but UFC/MMA fights get a ton of PPV buys, and countless number of bars show the PPV's.. Not to mention that Silva is one of the King's of MMA. This would be HUGE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So when does Silvas contract run out then?

Its clear nobody in Ufc can test him so I hope it happens. Sooner the better cuz Roy is in rapid decline but I dont see where the winner goes in this fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate this shit
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This seems possible because now Silva is doing well @ 205 too but doesn't want to fight the UFC LHW champ because they're friends from Brazil. Fighting Roy could be is out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Almost as silly as his costumes....jones wanted calzaghe too and we saw how that ass whooopin turned out. Till you can beat the people in your own sport how bout leaving other sports alone jones. I'm not even positive this guy will beat lacy.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Almost as silly as his costumes....jones wanted calzaghe too and we saw how that ass whooopin turned out. Till you can beat the people in your own sport how bout leaving other sports alone jones. I'm not even positive this guy will beat lacy.
    I think if Lacy applies the Pressure Jones will fold about the Middle Rounds. If Jones Jr Fights Silva Boxing Only, Jones Jr will knock him out.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Roy Jones wants Anderson Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie View Post

This would be a HUGEEEEEEEEE fight! I don't know where you're from jon09, but UFC/MMA fights get a ton of PPV buys, and countless number of bars show the PPV's.. Not to mention that Silva is one of the King's of MMA. This would be HUGE!
    Yes I understand they UFC/MMA get a ton of money but how is a fight like this gonna make millions? If it was a prime Roy Jones then maybe but he is way past his prime and to me really would not bring anything to the table for this. I see why Dana White is not intested. And like I said before whats the point if it happens, Roy has no belts and he would get killed if it was an mma fight against the number 1 p4p mma fighter. Sorry I would rather watch golf that day if and when this fight happens. More power to the rest of you that want to watch it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope it doesn't happen, Dana obviously has his head screwed on in not wanting anything to do with this.

Silva is a superb mixed martial artist but he will be giving up 90% of his arsenal to fight in a boxing match, and Roy Jones would get completely slaughtered if he fought Silva in an MMA fight.

It's like trying to race a Formula One car against a rally car, its just impossible. Put them on an F1 track and the F1 Car will absolutely trounce the rally car but stick them on some dusty African country roads and the F1 car won't last a mile without breaking down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    I think if Lacy applies the Pressure Jones will fold about the Middle Rounds. If Jones Jr Fights Silva Boxing Only, Jones Jr will knock him out.
    Just like Lacy has made everyone of his opponent fold of late? He doesn't have the tools to even bother RJJ imo. I also think SIlva doesn't stand a chance, and MMA people will learn that the hard way. He's a good boxer, but not an elite one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post
    Just like Lacy has made everyone of his opponent fold of late? He doesn't have the tools to even bother RJJ imo. I also think SIlva doesn't stand a chance, and MMA people will learn that the hard way. He's a good boxer, but not an elite one.
    I agree. Roy Jones, even now is still a very very good fighter. He's not losing to Jeff Lacy, this will be like his fight with Sheika.

The only guys who are going to beat Jones Jr any time soon are elite fighters, the Chad Dawsons, Kesslers, Taylors, Pavliks etc.

He's not losing to Jeff Lacy and he certainly isn't losing a boxing fight to an MMA fighter no matter how good they are in their own sport.

Thread Information