Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michal Vick signs with Eagles!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Michal Vick signs with Eagles!!!

just read about this on espn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Michal Vick signs with Eagles!!!

good luck to him, he's paid enough for what he did.

El Kabong Guest

He's going to have to provide results, but in the end eventhough I dislike him as a person and dislike him as a player (he ALWAYS beat the Panthers) I hope he doesn't end up on the street, I hope he has a good rest of his career and that he comes out of the league as a success story and provides an example for other athletes.

I didn't want him to sign with the Panthers as we already have somebody who can throw INT's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Dungy (a coach I really respect allot) is Vicks mentor now and that means allot I think.

I actually think the Eagles is a good spot for him he will for surely be a backup QB because of Mcnab being the starter and that will give him time to get acclimated to the NFL again and how fast it really is . He hasn't played in nearly two years there is no way in hell he was going to be able to step right back on the field and be a starter out the gate.

I totally agree he has paid his debt to society and hope he does well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be looking for some WildCat in Philly this year.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what he did was digracefull, fk him!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck to him but personally, I would never, for ethical reasons, hire nobody who did what he did, he perhaps paid enough socially and moneywise as he must refund the Falcons a lot of millions but it is not a good reason enough to hire him into my team.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Good luck to him but personally, I would never, for ethical reasons, hire nobody who did what he did, he perhaps paid enough socially and moneywise as he must refund the Falcons a lot of millions but it is not a good reason enough to hire him into my team.
    So there is no price he can pay then that is big enough for you? By "my team", you mean a public sports team? What about it was your private business. Dude could make you millions of dollars but you wouldn't hire him cause he did something that offended you. I suppose it would be the same if he assaulted some someone out in a bar without just cause, or was convicted of drinking and driving, or slapped his wife, or uttered racist epithets, or threatened someone with a weapon, or sold crystal meth, or robbed a bank, or hunted a seal, or ...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    So there is no price he can pay then that is big enough for you? By "my team", you mean a public sports team? What about it was your private business. Dude could make you millions of dollars but you wouldn't hire him cause he did something that offended you. I suppose it would be the same if he assaulted some someone out in a bar without just cause, or was convicted of drinking and driving, or slapped his wife, or uttered racist epithets, or threatened someone with a weapon, or sold crystal meth, or robbed a bank, or hunted a seal, or ...
    now that would make for an unusual celebrity crime expose!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    now that would make for an unusual celebrity crime expose!
    point taken, but don't restrict it to celebs. If the motivation for not doing business with somone is ethical, then it shouldn't really matter whether the "perp" is a celebrity or not. Anyways, I was just wondering where the previous poster would draw the line in terms of acceptability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm happy.

I was afraid he would wind up in Minnesota.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm happy for Vick but I was hoping he went to the Panthers or Redskins where Virginia could get behind him but I guess not. I want to see Vick on the field, I have a feeling he won't see more then 50 snaps this year. And that's a stretch.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW everyone here is a boxing fan and probably fans of at least one person who has done far worse. Plenty of Tyson, Ibeabuchi, Monzon, McClellan fans on here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    BTW everyone here is a boxing fan and probably fans of at least one person who has done far worse. Plenty of Tyson, Ibeabuchi, Monzon, McClellan fans on here.

I understand what you are saying, but killing dogs is something I find hard to forgive.

It's a personal issue that I can't get past. I don't blame anyone for still being a fan. I'm just pleased he won't be doning the uniform that I love.

I agree with you about the reps. I think he will knock off the rust and be traded next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

I understand what you are saying, but killing dogs is something I find hard to forgive.

It's a personal issue that I can't get past. I don't blame anyone for still being a fan. I'm just pleased he won't be doning the uniform that I love.

I agree with you about the reps. I think he will knock off the rust and be traded next season.
    hmmm Ibeabuchi intentionally and permanently injures the child of his ex-girlfriend and gets two months. Vick serves two years for crimes against dogs, but you are having more of a problem forgiving Vick?

Thread Information