Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This weekends boxing Has been a SHAM

I finally get a stream and I end up waiting for Lacey to STOP bitching about his gloves and start fighting

Job Biscuit (Any one agree)!!!

eh eh!!
    It's nice to see you to see you nice

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This weekends boxing Has been a SHAM

I was in agreement with Jeff to be honest, he always wears Everlast and wanted to be loyal to them as they sponsor him.

Lacy, although a limited fighter in many ways has the biggest heart in the whole sport imo.

He's loyal and would literally fight to the death if he was allowed.

Rarely have I ever seen a man take beatings as consistently as Jeff without complaint and without once ever looking for a way out.

I wish he could get his old form back, he deserves to be great in so many ways, the heart of a lion, just sadly not the skills to match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I was in agreement with Jeff to be honest, he always wears Everlast and wanted to be loyal to them as they sponsor him.

Lacy, although a limited fighter in many ways has the biggest heart in the whole sport imo.

Rarely have I ever seen a man take beatings as consistently as Jeff without complaint and without once ever looking for a way out.

I wish he could get his old form back, he deserves to be great in so many ways, the heart of a lion, just sadly not the skills to match.
    That says it all... Just a shame he couldnt get pre-Calzaghe form back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Thing is I remember him fighting Robin Reid and I know Reid wasn't great but he still gave Calzaghe a huge scare and on his best day was not a bad fighter, but Lacy destroyed him.

Then when he fought Calzaghe I remember even a lot of British pundits were fearing for Calzaghe's life, but when the fight came along Lacy just basically wasn't upto the task and was destroyed.

This is one of the strangest stories ever in boxing for me, because surely he wasn't too old when he fought Calzaghe yet he just didn't turn up and has not looked good since.

Then last night I was thinking maybe he had been really fighting his the scale to make 168lbs and the move upto 175 might suit him but then he weighed in at 172 leaving 3lbs to spare and was battered by a shadow of a former ATG. In fact Jones battered him worse than Calzaghe did so it could not have been a weight issue at SMW.

On another note did anyone else find the commentary funny when they were saying "I've never seen Jones look so sharp" and "Jones has lost none of his speed despite being forty" WTF?? Have they ever watched Jones in his prime? fair enough he way outsped, outskilled and basically outdid Lacy in every department but lets face it now we know the truth about Lacy that is not such a great achievement!

Taking nothing away from my hero he is forty and really shouldn't be throwing like 5 left hooks in a row without reply against someone almost 10 years younger but you have to ask yourself could he do it against Dawson? I know what most of you will answer, same as me, NO. Don't get me wrong he might (and its a big might) even have enough in the tank to steal a decision from Dawson but in his prime and if he was angry and focused like he was against Griffin second time around I think Dawson would have taken a severe beating and have been KO'd brutally, and thats taking nothing from Dawson, I like the lad and think he is good for boxing at the minute but RJJ is a p4p ATG and no one for me has reached his level since. In fact the only person since Ray Robinson (and this will cause some argument i'm sure) that has reached the same level p4p as Roy Jones is Ray Leonard. Thats how high I regard a prime Roy Jones!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Otley View Post
    I finally get a stream and I end up waiting for Lacey to STOP bitching about his gloves and start fighting

I'm just thankful that Lacy got to use the gloves he wanted because not getting to wear them would have been his excuse for losing.

Thread Information