Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sad news about Nick Charles/Some Good News Now

the showtime announcer has Cancer and its an advanced aggressive stage IV kind that has spread from the bladder. He is beginning chemo soon apparently. Not a very good prognosis but there's always hope, I knew somebody with a similar prognosis who lived through it. Anyway best wishes to him.

the article is on Ring mag's website.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sad news about Nick Charles

Sorry to hear this.You always think it will be someone else until its hits you.Hope he's alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sorry to hear this.You always think it will be someone else until its hits you.Hope he's alright.
    yeah man, stats say every 1 in 3 people worldwide r affected by it,hopefully nick will pull thru, as cleche as it sounds my thoughts and prayers are with him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    yeah man, stats say every 1 in 3 people worldwide r affected by it,hopefully nick will pull thru, as cleche as it sounds my thoughts and prayers are with him
    It savages.Amazing we have not made more progress in cures but seems people are much more conscious with early detection,etc.Not cliche at all bud.I'm not terribly religious but no one should have to go through that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    It savages.Amazing we have not made more progress in cures but seems people are much more conscious with early detection,etc.Not cliche at all bud.I'm not terribly religious but no one should have to go through that.
    i feel ya man, ive seen people close too me go thru it and not come out the other side, its heart wrenching stuff, there has been people to spend their whole lives trying to find a cure to no avail, its sad, im sure tho in the next 20 years or so big progress will be made. i have nothing but sympathy(even my worst enemy)that has to go thru it, u never no mate we might even have a wrestle with it in the years to come, hopefully not, (touch wood)

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dad beat the same cause he found it early also beat prostate cancer too. Confined in the bladder its one of the easiest forms to get rid of ,it does reform and its a long process but because its contained they can just chip away at it over a number of years. Its much harder on all involved once its outside the bladder though.

Good luck to him hope he can deal with it mentally too as thats 60% of the battle right there.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    My dad beat the same cause he found it early also beat prostate cancer too. Confined in the bladder its one of the easiest forms to get rid of ,it does reform and its a long process but because its contained they can just chip away at it over a number of years. Its much harder on all involved once its outside the bladder though.

Good luck to him hope he can deal with it mentally too as thats 60% of the battle right there.

Yes, as long as it still confined, but stage IV meaning it has already spread out affecting other organs. Too tough to cure but theres what you call a miracle

___
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish him the best!

My father just recently passed this March, past 12am on the night of Marquez vs Diaz. He was diagnosed with Stage III Nasal Pharyngal cancer but somehow through the therapy he was able to get through it. Then he found out months later than he had cancer in the Liver which was found in Stage IV. Still hurts me to this day but that's what got him. Cancer found in Stage III is already a longshot, but IV would need some luck mixed with top of the line doctors/therapy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Sad news about Nick Charles

Cancer is a deadly disease it can strike anyone. I lost my Father & my elder brother to lung cancer. It was hard to watch two strong guys waste away but neither gave up fought to the very end
    God Bless Nick you'll be in my prayers hoping for a miracle
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Cancer is a deadly disease it can strike anyone. I lost my Father & my elder brother to lung cancer. It was hard to watch two strong guys waste away but neither gave up fought to the very end
    God Bless Nick you'll be in my prayers hoping for a miracle
    It's really hard to watch! My dad was the strongest guy I knew. To see what cancer can do to a person like that is eye-opening...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very sad to hear this. One of the better commentater's of the sport. Never biased and always well spoken on camera. Usually stage 4 is no good but I hope he can pull through.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met Nick in Worcseter, MA at a venue a few months ago and we had a great chat. It turned ouit he grew up in the same neighborhood that I did (in Chicago) and that we were both firtst generation Greek and Italian. Man, we hit it off big time and Steve Farhood joined us. Two very down to earth guys. Just the opposite of what I expected. I quickly became a big fan of both.

This is just terrible news, the Guy has everything to live for and this happens. My prayers are with him to win this battle.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fightnews

Nick Charles to return to ShoBox

Popular host and play-by-play boxing announcer Nick Charles will make his return to ringside following a five-month battle with bladder cancer. Charles recently announced that he is 80 percent in remission and doctors have given him the go-ahead to return to work. Charles will rejoin colleagues Steve Farhood and Antonio Tarver on Friday, Jan. 29 when ShoBox: The New Generation kicks off the year with a 10-round bantamweight bout—Chris Avalos vs. Jose Nieves—LIVE on SHOWTIME® (11 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Fightnews

Nick Charles to return to ShoBox

Popular host and play-by-play boxing announcer Nick Charles will make his return to ringside following a five-month battle with bladder cancer. Charles recently announced that he is 80 percent in remission and doctors have given him the go-ahead to return to work. Charles will rejoin colleagues Steve Farhood and Antonio Tarver on Friday, Jan. 29 when ShoBox: The New Generation kicks off the year with a 10-round bantamweight bout—Chris Avalos vs. Jose Nieves—LIVE on SHOWTIME® (11 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast
    Thats GREAT news.

I lost my Mother to cancer 12 years ago when I was 10 years old. She was only in her early 40's.

I fucking hate cancer.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information