Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does Williams have to do to get a fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What does Williams have to do to get a fight?

I feel sorry for Williams. I was so lookin forward to his fight with Pavlik, now he has a top middleweight to add to his list of people who run away. I say he should do some kind of national broadcast, live on air and call out anyone he wants and send out an open invite to fight.

I'd like to think that essentially, for these promoters to make the true money they all crave, they have to give the people what they want. Who would everyone love to see Williams in with??

I'm gonna start off with mine.

Paul Williams vs Floyd "The Mythical King" Mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What does Williams have to do to get a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    I feel sorry for Williams. I was so lookin forward to his fight with Pavlik, now he has a top middleweight to add to his list of people who run away. I say he should do some kind of national broadcast, live on air and call out anyone he wants and send out an open invite to fight.

I'd like to think that essentially, for these promoters to make the true money they all crave, they have to give the people what they want. Who would everyone love to see Williams in with??

I guess i'm out of the loop, but i thought that this fight was immediately rescheduled after the staph infection Kelly had?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seriously doubt Pavlik is afraid to fight williams. I think pavlik is gun shy after hopkins and wants to make sure he is 100% before the fight. Williams has not fought a true middleweight with power. Williams tends to get hit flush alot and Pavlik has the power to ring his bell.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post

I guess i'm out of the loop, but i thought that this fight was immediately rescheduled after the staph infection Kelly had?
    Pavlik fight is off........ Or so says this Kelly Pavlik Vs. Paul Williams - A Fight Too Good To Be True?

I never believe any excuses like this, there is always more to it, injury or not, all that is clear and true is that the fight isn't on and Williams will fight someone else.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I seriously doubt Pavlik is afraid to fight williams. I think pavlik is gun shy after hopkins and wants to make sure he is 100% before the fight. Williams has not fought a true middleweight with power. Williams tends to get hit flush alot and Pavlik has the power to ring his bell.....
    if Quintana rocked him a bit, then Pavlik has more than enough power to worry Williams, IMO Williams will win it though

Staph infection forces Kelly Pavlik to postpone title defense vs. Paul Williams - ESPN

postponed and cancelled are two very different things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    if Quintana rocked him a bit, then Pavlik has more than enough power to worry Williams, IMO Williams will win it though

Staph infection forces Kelly Pavlik to postpone title defense vs. Paul Williams - ESPN

right.. that is the article that i read.. i believe there is already a date set for the postponed matchup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

right.. that is the article that i read.. i believe there is already a date set for the postponed matchup.
    yea it's like November 10th or something like that

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard Williams will fight somebody else in October.

I think that it was idiotic to sign for this fight when the same injury that was plaguing Pavlik for the Mora fight has KO'ed Pavlik again. There has to be more to that. I was surprised Arum let Pavlik sign for this. He seems to have little intention of risking Pavlik and wants to milk him for all he can.

El Kabong Guest

To answer the thread Paul needs to stop being a dangerous southpaw although he could get fights vs Mosley and Miguel Cotto as those dudes at this point in time would fight anybody...I'm fairly certain Miguel Cotto would fight a Grizzley Bear.

I heard Bernard Hopkins said he would fight Williams...don't know at what weight though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    To answer the thread Paul needs to stop being a dangerous southpaw although he could get fights vs Mosley and Miguel Cotto as those dudes at this point in time would fight anybody...I'm fairly certain Miguel Cotto would fight a Grizzley Bear.

I heard Bernard Hopkins said he would fight Williams...don't know at what weight though.

Nah, I figure the bear would duck Cotto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as I thought, Williams is goin ahead and finding someone else and the fight is off maybe till a later date. Paul Williams To Return in October, Without Kelly Pavlik - Boxing News

Anyways, i'm just hoping that he fights in Oct as that'll be a great night to add to my trips to Froch Dirrell and Murray Thaxton....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does Williams have to do to get a fight?

shrink 1 foot, stop being a southpaw with crazy workrate, and having the ability to fight in atleast 3 different weight classes. then he might get a fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's shit for him, I wanted to see him take on Floyd and smack his arse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

Hopkins would fight Williams in a phone booth at any weight
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does Williams have to do to get a fight? He should try shrinking about 6 inches, fighting orthodox, not working on his cardio, softening his jaw, hell maybe bleaching his skin would help.

Dude is like the worst fight possible for anyone MW or under.

Thread Information