Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wlad Out Until 2010

That sucks for Chambers, he had some good momentum goin into this fight, not saying he would win, but he looked really sharp in his last fight.

I hope Klit/Chambers does end up on HBO WCB.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    That sucks for Chambers, he had some good momentum goin into this fight, not saying he would win, but he looked really sharp in his last fight.

I hope Klit/Chambers does end up on HBO WCB.
    Maybe this could setup a rematch for Chambers and Povetkin, something tells me chambers may well take it this time round!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish it was like 2001.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin will avoid Eddie for the rest of his career if he's smart enough :-)

Chambers - Klitchko is definitely something I will buy...will be interesting. we all have been really impressed in his last bout with Dimentrieko.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good. Now people can stop all going for the Klitschkos.

So maybe Chambers can fight some more Heavyweight prospects, and fight Arreola too after the Vitali fight.

It's about time all these young heavyweights stopped thinking about Klitschko and just fought each other.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Good. Now people can stop all going for the Klitschkos.

So maybe Chambers can fight some more Heavyweight prospects, and fight Arreola too after the Vitali fight.

It's about time all these young heavyweights stopped thinking about Klitschko and just fought each other.
    Good point Maj. Dint really think of it that way.

The smaller Heavyweights need to get it on...!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think Chambers/ Povetkin 2 should be made in the interim to decide who next challenges Wlad. It would keep them active & go a long way towards determining his best challenger
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I also think Chambers/ Povetkin 2 should be made in the interim to decide who next challenges Wlad. It would keep them active & go a long way towards determining his best challenger
    I definitley think it makes most sense outside of the title fights in the HW division!

El Kabong Guest

As good as Eddie Chambers has been impressive in his last two wins and above all he has prepared himself best for Wladimir in fighting and beating Sam Peter a power puncher and Alexander Dimitrenko who is big as big as and fights with a similar style as Wladimir. That being said, Wlad is in a different league, he's accurate, he doesn't give much opportunity to counter, and he's got power to spare.

I think Povetkin needs to have a warm up fight or maybe even two to prepare himself for the top level again. He last fought in April but vs Jason Estrada, nothing special about that. I think maybe a couple matchups vs: Oleg Maskaev, Lamon Brewster, or dare I say Dennis Boytsov?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    As good as Eddie Chambers has been impressive in his last two wins and above all he has prepared himself best for Wladimir in fighting and beating Sam Peter a power puncher and Alexander Dimitrenko who is big as big as and fights with a similar style as Wladimir. That being said, Wlad is in a different league, he's accurate, he doesn't give much opportunity to counter, and he's got power to spare.

I think Povetkin needs to have a warm up fight or maybe even two to prepare himself for the top level again. He last fought in April but vs Jason Estrada, nothing special about that. I think maybe a couple matchups vs: Oleg Maskaev, Lamon Brewster, or dare I say Dennis Boytsov?
    I think Povetkin is prepared enough for Chambers right now! His last two fights were keep busy fights, now he has to snatch the momentum he had back from Chambers!

El Kabong Guest

Yes but preparing for Eddie Chambers isn't the end game for Povetkin, preparing for Wladimir is and that's what I was getting at.

Right now Povetkin could fight Chambers but it doesn't make sense for either fighter because they will be risking too much, title shots are on the line for both fighters.

I would like to see Solis fight Povetkin in the future though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but preparing for Eddie Chambers isn't the end game for Povetkin, preparing for Wladimir is and that's what I was getting at.

Right now Povetkin could fight Chambers but it doesn't make sense for either fighter because they will be risking too much, title shots are on the line for both fighters.

I would like to see Solis fight Povetkin in the future though.
    I'm talking about earning that shot at Wlad, I'd rather see Wlad fight the winner of Povetkin/ Chambers 2 than fight both guys in a row. Sure there's a lot to risk but that's how they make a name for themselves!

If I'm Povetkin I'm thinking "I already beat this guy, now they wanna give him a shot ahead of me? Ah Ah, not happening!' & go out there are try to beat Chambers again...

I want to see the best possible contenders fight the champ not the ones that waited for their turn, go out there & take risks & earn these shots so people want to see you fight!

El Kabong Guest

I understand that but do you think either managers of Chmabers or Povetkin will risk their title shots to fight each other again? I don't think so, from the fan side of it sure it makes sense and it would give Wladimir the opportunity to make a better match up, maybe build up a fight.

I think Wlad-Povetkin will be a better fight to watch, but Eddie Chambers is definently better prepared to fight Wladimir.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand that but do you think either managers of Chmabers or Povetkin will risk their title shots to fight each other again? I don't think so, from the fan side of it sure it makes sense and it would give Wladimir the opportunity to make a better match up, maybe build up a fight.

I think Wlad-Povetkin will be a better fight to watch, but Eddie Chambers is definently better prepared to fight Wladimir.
    Oh I agree with you, the management of both sides don't want to risk their meal tickets taking a dive down the dollar chain! Just wishful thinking I guess!

Chambers is arguably better prepared, but if Povetkin were to hang another L on his record he woulda earned the right to challenge!!!

Thread Information