0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fedor v Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I think Fedor loses this fight badly.

Brett Rogers is big, quick, powerfull and quite skillfull.

Fedor struggles against boxing and hasnt fought in a cage before, I want to put a bet on this because im presuming the odds will be well stacked for Fedor.

Rogers is the kind of heavyweight mma needs, hes interesting to watch and trys to take the opponents head off, I could be wrong and it could be too early for Brett, hes only had 10 paid fights I think but if Arlovski could make Fedor look bad and back him up from punches, I just see Rrogers doing a number on him

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bret sounded like a sore loser and was talking as if he somehow had fedor right where he wanted him, and didn't go down from a punch and wasn't about to get the pummeling of a lifetime...if I was fedor I'd be like you never ever getting a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Bret sounded like a sore loser and was talking as if he somehow had fedor right where he wanted him, and didn't go down from a punch and wasn't about to get the pummeling of a lifetime...if I was fedor I'd be like you never ever getting a rematch.
    The commentators obviosly wanted Rogers to win, as soon as he done something it was amasing. He did hit Fedor with a good punch and gave him a few seconds of good ground and pound but nothing Fedor has not been against before.
    I dont want to see a rematch I would rather see Fedor get a better challange. The likes of Brock, Anderson Silva, Shogun, Machida.
    I know most of these are light heavyweight but Fedor could move down easily.
    Is their anyone else in Strikeforce who would have a chance against Fedor?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't know much about strikeforce honestly, this was the first card of theirs that I saw. I have no idea if they got anyone else good to throw at fedor, my knowledge of mma is pretty limited and I just know the big names really...knew more about it when pride fc was around and you could watch it weekly on fox sports net...i don't think i've seen a loser be as dastardly whiny as rogers tho...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default *spoiler For Those Who Haven't Seen It *

*SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT*

*SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT*

Well... Not surprising at all, Rogers did almost nothing... one good punch, a few seconds of pounding attempt that almost ended up in an armbar for Fedor. Not surprising neither, Fedor recovered pretty well from the punch though his nose bridge was bleeding like a Friday the 13th victim and he eventually knocked out Rogers cold in the second round with an Emperor's punch on the button. So Ross.... no, good boxing skills and good strength aren't enough to defeat Mother Russia.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I imagine that Fedor will face the Strikeforce champ Overeem next followed by a title defense against Werdum. Both these guys are decent HWs but none will really challenge Fedor. Not sure who exactly that Dream has in their HW stable to put in against Fedor. I think the big picture is to have him and Mousasi keep winning and eventually face each other.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a shame, I thought that Rogers would have enough to beat Fedor, he wasnt out when the fight was stopped, he was dropped hard but still had alot about him, he could have continued or even been allowed the luxury of seeing whether he could at least get back to his feet.

Rogers was a novice, he only had 10 fights, given a few more fights against better opposition I think he would have wan, I did say it might have been too early but Rogers could have continued

This was a novice, but Fedor did struggle in the cage and yes I do think good boxing will splatter Fedor, Rogers didnt really use his boxing, apart from the jab that split Fedors nose, he managed to handle Fedor on the deck as well.

He deffinitly should have been given time to prove he could carry on though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fedor's nose had been damaged during training, hence it busting open from a jab. Sorry doesn't matter how many more fights rogers had he wasn't going to beat fedor. As someone else mentioned you better be the complete all around package to beat fedor, because that's what he is, good at everything, and superb in some aspects. People say he was losing this and that fight up till the ko punch, or submission or whatever and try and claim it's luck or whatever, which is stupid imo cause you can see he's constantly thinking and trying to find that moment...also if fedor was allowed to continue rogers would have been in a hospital and that is not hyperbole, rogers was curling up in a fetal position fedor would have busted him all kinds of ugly, he was dazed pretty bad by the punch that put him down.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL that was not a quick stoppage.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Its a shame, I thought that Rogers would have enough to beat Fedor, he wasnt out when the fight was stopped, he was dropped hard but still had alot about him, he could have continued or even been allowed the luxury of seeing whether he could at least get back to his feet.

Rogers was a novice, he only had 10 fights, given a few more fights against better opposition I think he would have wan, I did say it might have been too early but Rogers could have continued

This was a novice, but Fedor did struggle in the cage and yes I do think good boxing will splatter Fedor, Rogers didnt really use his boxing, apart from the jab that split Fedors nose, he managed to handle Fedor on the deck as well.

He deffinitly should have been given time to prove he could carry on though.
    Roger was lying flat on the floor. fact. The referee stopped it when Fedor started to ground and pound him without any fire back. Fact. Roger took some time to wake up as he was totally staggered. Fact. Fedor ALMOST submitted Roger 2 times in te first round. Fact. In the first round, every judges voted it for Fedor. Fact. Fedor's technique isn't perfect (for boxing) but his force, speed and timing are A+. Fact.

Fact: I told you that Fedor would bust out Rogers without too much difficulties. That happened, Rogers gave him a more difficult fight than many anticipated but he was nowhere close to win the first round and neither was he for the second before the stoppage.

Roger was absolutely not of Fedor's calibre. FACT
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fedor is a fucking beast....

Fedor = SRR

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a huge fan of MMA or anything but I've got every Fedor fight dowloaded.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Fedor = SRR
    The scariest with that monster is that he's never unfazed... it's like if he's carved from a block of Ice out of Pluto. You can give him your best shot and have the lead, he's still thinking about fucking you up like if you wouldn't have busted him at all and he always find a different way to win.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

Fedor = SRR
    The scariest with that monster is that he's never unfazed... it's like if he's carved from a block of Ice out of Pluto. You can give him your best shot and have the lead, he's still thinking about fucking you up like if you wouldn't have busted him at all and he always find a different way to win.
    Been watching his fights for 2 days now..

Kuyuzuki Fujita (sp) caught him with a nice shot but couldn't finish Fedor off.
    Randleman body slammed in on his neck still Fedor whopped his ass and almost broke off his arm.

A fuckin' beast I tell you.

Thread Information