Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I'm going to Australia 4th January!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm going to Australia 4th January!!

Pretty looking forward to it. Always wanted to hang out with the Aussies. Ain't looking forward to the 19 hour flight though. I stop off in Dubai for a few hours anyways.

I'm flying from Manchester to Dubai the 4th January and then from Dubai to Perth. I've got family over there so I'll be visiting them. I've heard great things about Australia. My parents are actually thinking of emigrating there (I'll be staying in the UK whatever those do).

My cousin is coming to the UK early December for Christmas and I'll be on the flight back with him. Should be a blast. I've already got my Australia football top with Tim Cahill on the back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm going to Australia 4th January!!

That Australia top must be a bit heavy with Tim Cahill on the back mate !

Good news mate, remember to get some good old factor 50 for that pastey northern skin though. Will you be travelling or just doing the Perth end. If you make it to Sydney remember to drop me a line, we can have a few stubbies.

You should look at coming over with your folks if they come, you're a young fella and it would be a great chance for you, even if you stayed a while then when back home it gives you some good opportunities later in life.

Try and fit in as much as you can, it's an amazing place and you would never have enough time to cover it all. I'm sure one of the lads on here is from Perth, so another Saddo meeting for you then.
    You're a bit like our International correspondant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post

Good news mate, remember to get some good old factor 50 for that pastey northern skin though. Will you be travelling or just doing the Perth end. If you make it to Sydney remember to drop me a line, we can have a few stubbies.

You should look at coming over with your folks if they come, you're a young fella and it would be a great chance for you, even if you stayed a while then when back home it gives you some good opportunities later in life.

Try and fit in as much as you can, it's an amazing place and you would never have enough time to cover it all. I'm sure one of the lads on here is from Perth, so another Saddo meeting for you then.
    I'ld get too homesick. I just couldn't see myself living anywhere bar England. As much as this country irritates me at times. I just can't bear the thought of moving away.

My cousin moved out there when he was 18. He is now 19 and loves it there. At the time he dreaded moving away too. Back home he was mixing in with gangs etc though, drugs and messing with the wrong people. I'm glad he got away from it all and is nicely settled in Australia. After a few months he said you get used to it. I miss him a lot, I grew up with him and have seen him once in 18 months. I speak to him every day though.

And I think I may be doing a visit to a couple of places while I'm there. I'm traveling half way round the world so I want to see more than Perth. My Mum was telling me about a cruise they do that stops off round every major city in Australia. That interests me.

And yeah I think its Salty or Snakey who is from Perth. I'll hook him a PM soon.

Cheers for the advice, I'm sure I'll love Australia. Ive been wanting to go for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I live in Perth, so if you ever want to catch up, have a few beers mate just let me know. Perth is great, just remember to use your sunscreen

Where else are you thinking of visiting?
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

I'ld get too homesick. I just couldn't see myself living anywhere bar England. As much as this country irritates me at times. I just can't bear the thought of moving away.

My cousin moved out there when he was 18. He is now 19 and loves it there. At the time he dreaded moving away too. Back home he was mixing in with gangs etc though, drugs and messing with the wrong people. I'm glad he got away from it all and is nicely settled in Australia. After a few months he said you get used to it. I miss him a lot, I grew up with him and have seen him once in 18 months. I speak to him every day though.

And I think I may be doing a visit to a couple of places while I'm there. I'm traveling half way round the world so I want to see more than Perth. My Mum was telling me about a cruise they do that stops off round every major city in Australia. That interests me.

And yeah I think its Salty or Snakey who is from Perth. I'll hook him a PM soon.

Cheers for the advice, I'm sure I'll love Australia. Ive been wanting to go for a while.
    Id say it would be salty as i live in New South Wales
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Yep I live in Perth, so if you ever want to catch up, have a few beers mate just let me know. Perth is great, just remember to use your sunscreen

Take him for a surf mate, that local great white of yours over there can use him for a tooth pick.

Lefty this is one hellava big place, Salty is way over 4000 ks away from us; the people and the culture is quite different from one side of the country to the other and from the north to the south is exactly like comparing the green undulating hills of Wales to the Nevada desert.

Visitors can even hear a slight difference in the accents.

The south Australians have a more rounded English sounding accent.

The Queenslanders cant even spell let alone talk properly (Hey Snakey) :-)

Thus they had to put XXXX written on their cans, instead of BEER.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That reminded me of that joke where the guy turns up for a fancy dress naked with his chick on his back.

He said yeah "Im a tortoise and this is Michelle."
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

Take him for a surf mate, that local great white of yours over there can use him for a tooth pick.

Lefty this is one hellava big place, Salty is way over 4000 ks away from us; the people and the culture is quite different from one side of the country to the other and from the north to the south is exactly like comparing the green undulating hills of Wales to the Nevada desert.

Visitors can even hear a slight difference in the accents.

The south Australians have a more rounded English sounding accent.

The Queenslanders cant even spell let alone talk properly (Hey Snakey) :-)

Thus they had to put XXXX written on their cans, instead of BEER.
    Yes i definitely agree andre....fuck the queenslanders Lefty you should go see Byron Bay, plenty of poms there. Last time i was there i thought i might be the only aussie around. So much that i walked into a pub and this pommy chick said to me "where ya from" and i said "mudgee" and shes gone "holy shit your australian"
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information