Thread: Freddie Roach talking about Pacquiao, Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and more

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Freddie Roach talking about Pacquiao, Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBrR...eature=related

He says some interesting things
    1. Mayweather apparently isn't looking that good in the gym which he would have a better idea about than people in most of our positions would.

2. He is kind of worried about Pacquiao because apparently Manny wants to train in the Phillipines and Roach thinks its a big mistake when he is facing such a dangerous opponent, Freddie definitely doesn't want to take Cotto lightly.

3. About my man Rigondeaux, Roach says that he would put Guillermo in there with Marquez and Vazquez today, and he knows Rigondeaux would win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Freddie Roach talking about Pacquiao, Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and more

Nobody commenting on this? I found it interesting that Freddie Roach is so confident in RIgondeaux and expected. He has seen plenty of Vazquez, I believe he has trained him, and if not used him a lot as a sparring partner for Pacquiao against Morales and/or Barrera.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Freddie Roach talking about Pacquiao, Mayweather, Rigondeaux, and more

Vazquez and Marquez would be monumental challenges, especially Marquez. I think he's up to the task, I would probably go with him but against Lopez at the moment I'm not so sure I'd give my left nut to see it though.

But still, you can't expect people to look at it that way. He's not 22, he's 27 and while I don't care that he's not fighting much competition as I know it won't be long before he gets his shot. But the truth is he's fought nobody and talk is cheap fight fans don't usually take notice until you fight somebody relevant. And guaranteed most people are going to blow you and Freddie out of the water with those views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I already posted the video under the thread, Khan v murray..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Vazquez and Marquez would be monumental challenges, especially Marquez. I think he's up to the task, I would probably go with him but against Lopez at the moment I'm not so sure I'd give my left nut to see it though.

But still, you can't expect people to look at it that way. He's not 22, he's 27 and while I don't care that he's not fighting much competition as I know it won't be long before he gets his shot. But the truth is he's fought nobody and talk is cheap fight fans don't usually take notice until you fight somebody relevant. And guaranteed most people are going to blow you and Freddie out of the water with those views.
    YOu can't say he has foughten nobody, he is at one of the best gyms in the world dominating people. Roach has experience with both men, Guillermo RIgondeaux isn't your average run of the mill type fighter, he was the most dominant amateur fighter ever, and his style was always very proffesional, he always sat down on his punches, he always fought conservatively, he's always been very elusive and extremely fast. Your right talk is cheap, watch his fights.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

YOu can't say he has foughten nobody, he is at one of the best gyms in the world dominating people. Roach has experience with both men, Guillermo RIgondeaux isn't your average run of the mill type fighter, he was the most dominant amateur fighter ever, and his style was always very proffesional, he always sat down on his punches, he always fought conservatively, he's always been very elusive and extremely fast. Your right talk is cheap, watch his fights.
    I can see why nobody likes you Taeth. Are you this insufferable in real life? Seriously, that's an honest question before you bother reading the rest of my post, if you bother at all. The thing about being a dick is that you have to be smart, or you just end up looking twice as stupid as you originally would have. Would you bother to read my post? Don't act like I don't know who Guillermo Rigondeaux is, I've been talking to you in these threads for years about him and without going to the ridiculously absurd saying he has Pernell Whitaker's elusiveness with Roy Jones temperment and athleticism (I got the jist of that correct didn't I?), I've mostly agreed with you. Just because you lightweight follow the amatuers doesn't make you King Shit in Poop Castle. In fact, instead of telling me to go watch his fights, why don't you go back and read my post? I'm for the most part agreeing with you.

I don't have a problem with him coming up the way I a normal amatuer would, taking 10 or so fights before challenging for a title. Like I have said before, he's not only adjusting to fighting as a professional and not an amatuer, he is also adjusting to making the US his home. If he is going to make a run at the title, he might aswell wait until things have calmed down around him. That is my view, I don't care if he fights on ESPN2 a few times before going to HBO, I still think he can be a champion. Do you understand this?

My sole point was that most others see him as 27 and don't want to hear that, that's the way most people think. Most boxing fans don't take notice until a fighter has actually done something on the professional level. Perhaps rightly so, because plenty of great talents haven't panned out after their first 7 or 8 pro fights. Rigondeaux is an obvious exception imo. Most people don't want to hear people saying that he could beat Marquez or Vazquez but then sign to fight Giovanni Andrade, a C level fighter with a bloated record. That is cheap talk, talk people don't buy. I'm not talking about myself (as if I didn't make that clear enough in my first post), I have demonstrated my faith in his abilities time and time again over the past couple years and I DO think he is a star in wait, all you have to do is read the first few sentences I wrote.

I'm a bit dumbfounded here Taeth, I think you just needed someone to lash out at and just cranky that no one took your bait.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

I want to see this guy fight
    Last edited by Addicted to_boxing; 09-09-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see why nobody likes you Taeth. Are you this insufferable in real life? Seriously, that's an honest question before you bother reading the rest of my post, if you bother at all. The thing about being a dick is that you have to be smart, or you just end up looking twice as stupid as you originally would have. Would you bother to read my post? Don't act like I don't know who Guillermo Rigondeaux is, I've been talking to you in these threads for years about him and without going to the ridiculously absurd saying he has Pernell Whitaker's elusiveness with Roy Jones temperment and athleticism (I got the jist of that correct didn't I?), I've mostly agreed with you. Just because you lightweight follow the amatuers doesn't make you King Shit in Poop Castle. In fact, instead of telling me to go watch his fights, why don't you go back and read my post? I'm for the most part agreeing with you.

I don't have a problem with him coming up the way I a normal amatuer would, taking 10 or so fights before challenging for a title. Like I have said before, he's not only adjusting to fighting as a professional and not an amatuer, he is also adjusting to making the US his home. If he is going to make a run at the title, he might aswell wait until things have calmed down around him. That is my view, I don't care if he fights on ESPN2 a few times before going to HBO, I still think he can be a champion. Do you understand this?

My sole point was that most others see him as 27 and don't want to hear that, that's the way most people think. Most boxing fans don't take notice until a fighter has actually done something on the professional level. Perhaps rightly so, because plenty of great talents haven't panned out after their first 7 or 8 pro fights. Rigondeaux is an obvious exception imo. Most people don't want to hear people saying that he could beat Marquez or Vazquez but then sign to fight Giovanni Andrade, a C level fighter with a bloated record. That is cheap talk, talk people don't buy. I'm not talking about myself (as if I didn't make that clear enough in my first post), I have demonstrated my faith in his abilities time and time again over the past couple years and I DO think he is a star in wait, all you have to do is read the first few sentences I wrote.

I'm a bit dumbfounded here Taeth, I think you just needed someone to lash out at and just cranky that no one took your bait.
    I'm not the one lashing out, your the one who lashed out. I just said that I found it interesting that the coach of RIgondeaux who is widely considered one of the top probably 2 coaches in the world right now is thinkning the same thing as me. Besides Marquez and Vazquez only fight eachother of late they have left JML and Caballero or whatever his name to dry. Besides you attack who I am as a person in real life? Can you honestly compare posting on here to how you act in real life? Shit never comes across the same way over a post. I'm not trying to start a fight with you bro, and I just watch the amateurs, I much prefer pro boxing, but Rigondeaux is one of the few amateurs who is truly worth watching as an amateur because he sits down on his punches, his movement is like nothing I have ever seen, and he is so evasive. He is basically the perfect fighter technically in my books. He doesn't make mistakes like so many pro's and amateurs do in the ring, and 28 isn't as old as it used to be. If you take care of your body like B-Hop or Monzon or Calzaghe or RJJ(to a certain degree), Mosley you can still retain that speed to a large degree and adapt your style.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

na, it's just that Taeth is goin through menapause, and i heard that those hotflashes are a real bitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MOrales your probably twice as old as I am, and your the one who has all the estrogen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MOrales your probably twice as old as I am, and your the one who has all the estrogen.
    shit if i'm twice your age you're only 12, so know wonder you lash out like a prepubescent little girl lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your not worth my time.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

I'm not the one lashing out, your the one who lashed out. I just said that I found it interesting that the coach of RIgondeaux who is widely considered one of the top probably 2 coaches in the world right now is thinkning the same thing as me. Besides Marquez and Vazquez only fight eachother of late they have left JML and Caballero or whatever his name to dry. Besides you attack who I am as a person in real life? Can you honestly compare posting on here to how you act in real life? Shit never comes across the same way over a post. I'm not trying to start a fight with you bro, and I just watch the amateurs, I much prefer pro boxing, but Rigondeaux is one of the few amateurs who is truly worth watching as an amateur because he sits down on his punches, his movement is like nothing I have ever seen, and he is so evasive. He is basically the perfect fighter technically in my books. He doesn't make mistakes like so many pro's and amateurs do in the ring, and 28 isn't as old as it used to be. If you take care of your body like B-Hop or Monzon or Calzaghe or RJJ(to a certain degree), Mosley you can still retain that speed to a large degree and adapt your style.
    It's way to early to tell whether he is ready for the cream of the crop after 2 fights. Look what happened to Ortiz and he looked much more unbeatable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigondeaux has only had 2 fights and ive seen both of them and yes he won and looked alright but there is nothing in those fights that say to me that he could fight Marquez soon and win. Hes only had two pro fights, it doesnt matter how many amateur fights hes had. Great amateurs dont always make great pros, Amir Khan was a good amateur and to me he isnt very impressive.

For me Rigondeaux in his last fight looked a little too timid. And he looked to be just covering up, not heaps of head movement so this could be a problem for him if he fights someone powerful with a good work rate.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Thread Information