Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 30 Year Old Lennox Lewis v 30 Year Old Larry Holmes.Who Wins

Thought would see what peoples opinions are on a fight between those two Larry Holmes V Lennox Lewis say if fight took place and they were both 30 years old...I think Larry Holmes might win on points.

ICB Guest

Default Re: 30 Year Old Lennox Lewis v 30 Year Old Larry Holmes.Who Wins

Quote Originally Posted by nigel2smooth View Post
    Thought would see what peoples opinions are on a fight between those two Larry Holmes V Lennox Lewis say if fight took place and they were both 30 years old...I think Larry Holmes might win on points.
    Larry Holmes comfortably on points, he has the better jab. Lennox Lewis got out jabbed by Ray Mercer, Frank Bruno. So i don't see how he deals with Larry Holmes's jab.

He's also faster, has better stamina, more athletic, better footwork, better chin. He basically holds most advantages over Lennox Lewis, except power but Larry Holmes has a very good chin, and has the heart to get up and win.

Larry Holmes by UD pretty comfortably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Larry Holmes would I be right in saying is a little underated,to be honest I have not really seen a lot of him but what I have seen he seems to be pretty good.I wonder if he was a little younger would he off had chance with Tyson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

holmes was unlucky to get his upercut caught in the ropes against tyson & have his chin fully exposed for the knock out, yo 2smooth i agree holmes is underated but so is lewis, would be a close fight but i would give it to lewis, just

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes would find an easy target with Lewis, Holmes by a wide UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Larry Holmes comfortably on points, he has the better jab. Lennox Lewis got out jabbed by Ray Mercer, Frank Bruno. So i don't see how he deals with Larry Holmes's jab.

He's also faster, has better stamina, more athletic, better footwork, better chin. He basically holds most advantages over Lennox Lewis, except power but Larry Holmes has a very good chin, and has the heart to get up and win.

Larry Holmes comfortably? U gotta be kidding, i doubt there is a heavyweight all time that could beat Lewis comfortably. Holmes was not faster than Lewis, Lennox also had far more power and is a bigger man. Yes Holmes has a better jab but Lewis had alround better skills. To just dismiss Lewis and say Holmes would win easy is crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well spotted Drago, I have often thought that! Holmes is underrated and would have outboxed Lewis. It would not have been a walk in the park as Lewis has a great deal of heart and has great power. Lewis became a bit oafish in his later years as he put on the pounds and I could see Holmes using his athleticism to out finesse Lennox. Maybe I am biased as I am a huge Larry Holmes fan.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great Fighters the pair of them, but Lewis flaw was He couldnt handle a fast Jab caused Him all sorts of Problems. Holmes wins for me.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting debate,I have to admit I know a lot more about Lewis as I grew up watching him,only seen couple Holmes fights.Did Holmes have a good punch,I must check You Tube out and see if there is some of his fights on there.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post

Larry Holmes comfortably? U gotta be kidding, i doubt there is a heavyweight all time that could beat Lewis comfortably. Holmes was not faster than Lewis, Lennox also had far more power and is a bigger man. Yes Holmes has a better jab but Lewis had alround better skills. To just dismiss Lewis and say Holmes would win easy is crap.
    Larry Holmes was not faster than Lennox Lewis, are you seriously kidding me ? Larry Holmes was much faster than Lennox Lewis, regarding putting punches together and moving round the ring.

Larry Holmes was also a better all round fighter, he could box he could brawl. He could also fight off the ropes, im sorry but Frank Bruno jabbed Lennox Lewis's socks off.

Lennox Lewis was always off balance and couldn't put his punches together, and he would of lost that fight. If Frank Bruno had survival instincts, and i still think it was a bit of a lucky punch aswell.

And then theres the fight with Ray Mercer, when Lennox Lewis allowed himself to get in trouble. Against a much smaller mans jab.

Im sorry but i think Larry Holmes, would of convincingly beaten Lennox Lewis over 12 rounds atleast by 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He still won though

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really dont see a walk in the park for either guy and think Lewis has a great shot.Holmes Jab is one for the ages,belongs encased in glass in the Smithsonian but Lewis had a nice stick as well,not to mention natural height,weight and pure size Holmes had rarely...if ever faced the likes of?Cooney?Holmes was a crafty gamesmen,sharp mind just as Lewis had shown to be and while Lewis's mind wandered in spots....lack of prep...he could close range quickly and be explosive with either hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post

Well i must be a little backed up, pass me a laxative. Holmes would be landing 2-3 punches to one in any match up with Lewis, he beats him easily over 12 rounds.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I really dont see a walk in the park for either guy and think Lewis has a great shot.Holmes Jab is one for the ages,belongs encased in glass in the Smithsonian but Lewis had a nice stick as well,not to mention natural height,weight and pure size Holmes had rarely...if ever faced the likes of?Cooney?Holmes was a crafty gamesmen,sharp mind just as Lewis had shown to be and while Lewis's mind wandered in spots....lack of prep...he could close range quickly and be explosive with either hand.
    Well Larry Holmes while being, quite a bit past his prime. Did defeat 6'5 Carl Williams in a close fight.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

He still won though
    Yes but thats Ray Mercer, Frank Bruno, two fighters who couldn't carry Larry Holmes's spit bucket. And to be honest i thought the Ray Mercer fight was very close, and i had it a draw. And remember a 42 year old Larry Holmes handled Ray Mercer comfortably over 12 rounds.

And i had Lennox Lewis behind against Frank Bruno, until he swung a desperate wild left hook out of the corner, which turned the fight in his favor and he got the stoppage which is too his credit, but still Frank Bruno has no survival instincts at all. And he everytime he's got in serious trouble he hasn't a clue what to do.

My point was not to discredit Lennox Lewis, my point was that he struggled against fighters with decent jabs. And i seriously can't see him beating the best Heavyweiht jabber of all time, if he struggled against Ray Mercer's jab.

Thread Information