Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Al Bernstein On Boxing: Loaded Schedule - Two Sleepers

The boxing schedule for the last quarter of the year is ridiculously good. Big matches abound, starting with next week’s Floyd Mayweather Jr’s comeback fight with Juan Manuel Marquez.

There is another mega fight in Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto, then three great matches in the Super Six World Boxing Classic and Paul Williams vs. Kelly Pavlik. Throw in Glen Johnson vs. Chad Dawson and you have an amazing schedule.

By the time we get to December, it would be understandable to see a dip in the boxing product. But, it is in that month that we may find two gems - two fights that might get a little less universal hype, but have almost can’t miss tags on them.

The first is December 5th when WBO Light Welter Champ Tim Bradley defends his title against Lamont Peterson. Between the two of them, they have not one single loss. They are both young and both in their primes. They are also both extraordinary boxers.

I have had the pleasure of announcing Bradley’s last... Full Boxing Article here...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Al Bernstein On Boxing: Loaded Schedule - Two Sleepers

I really like Peterson-Bradley. Big fan of both Peterson brothers but this is a tough out for him. Not unthinkable though.

I'm leaning toward picking Clottey

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good article, Peterson-Bradley is the most intriguing fight in boxing outside of Pac-Cotto and all the Super 6 fights imo. I love that fight, think about just how much a Peterson win could mean. I have never been sold on Bradley more then I was after his fight with Campbell, maybe he wins maybe not.

Either way, the potential great fight that brings back American boxing is Peterson-Alexander. OK maybe it doesnt bring back boxing but that's a very good fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff Al,hit it on the head with these two.Not really sure how solid Mosley/Clottey is as far as coming off but would be great.I'd like to see,with respect to Clottey,Mosley aim higher...he's not getting any younger.Dont think Clottey has the constant desire to take it to Mosley.

Bradley/Peterson is the definition of quality sleeper.Solid match up and Peterson has been standing in the 'on deck' circle for quite some time.Think he might cause some probs for Bradley.he does not mind going through the motions and sticking to his pecking and moving style.Props to Bradley for yet another very solid opponent,this guy fights no dogs.Should be great.

Thread Information