Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana White Angry At HBO's Telecast of PBF/JMM fight

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post

I think despite the complaints at the start, I reckon most boxing fans (not those who are fans of a single fighter) will be buying this one. It has often remained throughout a mass of fans of a certain fighter from the Phillipines who have said this match-up is terrible & that we should all not buy it for 'the sake of boxing' (anyone thinks I'm chattin shit is either new or has forgotten the April-July period on this site)
    Just for the record, most Filipinos will not be buying this fight because we get it for free in our national television.
    I will not be buying but I'm definitely watching it.

I just hope the fight will be shown in movie theaters so I can watch it in a big, big screen.
    There's plenty of Filipino Pacquiao fans in the States. I wonder why Pac-fans who live in the Phillipines made such an issue of encouraging others to not buy the fight for 'the sake of boxing' if they were getting it for free? Yeah like I don't know
    Just to correct you regarding PACFANS who are encouraging people not to buy the fight.... as far as I can remember it was ONLY SADDOBOXER who was doing that. He got banned and after that no one has been promoting about not buying the fight here.

Generalizing Filipinos or pacfans on an issue is something that I detest and hope you refrain from doing that unless you're quite sure.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just for the record, most Filipinos will not be buying this fight because we get it for free in our national television.

I just hope the fight will be shown in movie theaters so I can watch it in a big, big screen.
    There's plenty of Filipino Pacquiao fans in the States. I wonder why Pac-fans who live in the Phillipines made such an issue of encouraging others to not buy the fight for 'the sake of boxing' if they were getting it for free? Yeah like I don't know
    Just to correct you regarding PACFANS who are encouraging people not to buy the fight.... as far as I can remember it was ONLY SADDOBOXER who was doing that. He got banned and after that no one has been promoting about not buying the fight here.

Generalizing Filipinos or pacfans on an issue is something that I detest and hope you refrain from doing that unless you're quite sure.
    Hmm........ Good point, I don't remember any Fillipinos on this or other boxing message boards telling everyone don't buy the JMM/PFB fight because it's good for boxing. Even then it was 1 member and he was banned from this site already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when is the UFC gonna realise its place alongside such sports as the WWF,WWE and understand though it is completely capable of packaging and selling off PPV shows to the masses it is never EVER going to compete with the legendary sport of boxing which has and always will be the number 1 combat sport on the planet!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Where's JT to defend his boy?

For a guy who claims to be a boxing fan to not know who Marquez is is tool-ish to say the least. Seriously, and why is this guy butthurt anyways? The night of the first Affliction he put on a free event with Anderson Silva as the main event. I believe he went up against a Kimbo show once too, wtf is this guy's problem?
    Gimme break already Amat, did you have to settle for dirt weed today

Dana White has a big mouth no doubt, but he owns a whole sport and you cant even argue with his success. What do you care if he disparages boxing? Its his only competition ad quite a few fighters have taken a shot at MMA.

None of its relevant and has no bearing on boxing. I will be watching Mayweather/ Marquez.

Can't argue with the success he's had but he does not own a sport or even the UFC, he's just the president and mouth of UFC.

Go to the link below for the owners of the UFC.

Forbes Profiles UFC Owners Lorenzo, Frank Fertitta
    I am aware that the Fertitta's have owned the UFC, but they chose White to be the mouth piece and spokesman.. When I said own the sport I was strictly speaking metaphorically

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We both know it wasn't just him, he was just the ringleader. Quinito, levi#1boxingfan, fan johnny, cnote, as well as the scourge of 10 post posters who showed up all made arguments why we should not buy the fight. 'It was boring tactical fight', 'Pac-Mayweather is all that matters' blah blah blah.

You know very well Bruce that I have been fairly restrained in criticizing Pacfans, so please stop acting like you're an oppressed minority. I'll admit this was one of XaduBoxer's bullshit actions that you were smart enough not to get involved in. However, you know there was a reason a special board was created, to deal with dross like that & not from just XaduBoxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Where's JT to defend his boy?

For a guy who claims to be a boxing fan to not know who Marquez is is tool-ish to say the least. Seriously, and why is this guy butthurt anyways? The night of the first Affliction he put on a free event with Anderson Silva as the main event. I believe he went up against a Kimbo show once too, wtf is this guy's problem?
    Gimme break already Amat, did you have to settle for dirt weed today

Dana White has a big mouth no doubt, but he owns a whole sport and you cant even argue with his success. What do you care if he disparages boxing? Its his only competition ad quite a few fighters have taken a shot at MMA.

None of its relevant and has no bearing on boxing. I will be watching Mayweather/ Marquez.
    You're either defending lies or ignorance. When Dana White talks a bunch of tattooed up guys in Affliction shirts listen (ask Lyle), the internet media hasn't learned to ignore him yet. I don't care what you say it's one thing for a fighter to be polarizing, making a guy in charge of the whole ship polarizing is another thing. He's MMA's Don King or at least he is trying to be.

You mean to tell me this clown who talks as if he knows EVERYTHING about boxing, he's the end all and he's telling people he doesn't know who Marquez is, or that an HBO PPV is one fight?

WTF. Yeah plenty of fighters slack off MMA, Arum did to and he got called out for it as an idiot. I just don't get what redeemable qualities this guy has, and I'm an MMA fan. I just don't get how Dana White consistently acting like an asshole is written off as a shrewd business tactic by his followers.

And he doesn't own the whole sport don't be foolish. He has done a nice job with it and really the best thing he has done is getting MMA sanctioned, moving it forward as a sport. But at this rate he is moving it backwards with all this reckless talk.
    Well I am tattooed up and dont own an affliction, tapout, silverstar etc shirts.. I trained MMA for years and started in the early 90's before you see what the UFC is today.

At the moment UFC is the powerhouse so my metaphor is pretty damn close. Name me another organization that come close in MMA? Pride was the only and it was my favorite. You can check my posts from years ago and see that I always had loyalty to the Pride organization because IMO the had the best fighters in the world hands down.... GUESS WHO BOUGHT PRIDE The UFC, so its pretty apparent who's in the driver seat of the MMA world.

Also I can care less what White says, he obviously dosent know a lick about boxers if he dosent know about JMM. Problem is JMM is so low key that he dosent have the pagentry of a Mayweather, Delahoya, Pac etc.

I agree its a total slap in the face to Marquez who has a chance of being mexico's best when he hangs them up. I dont defend White I take him for what he's worth and thats an attention whore who happens to have the media at his disposal and thats never a good combo... You are somehow making me out to be a White apologist because of how some including me slagged off Fedor for going to an extremely less competitive organization because UFC wouldn't share their business with his promotional company.

You also said that Fedor didn't sign because of Disparaging remarks White made at one time about him, then somehow drew an illustration about the Klitschko's and Don King. 2 seperate things, Boxers can make big fights and continue their legacies regardless of promoter. Granted some fights are harder to make do to promoters not getting along but they still get made eventually.. Fedor was given the richest contract through the UFC was going to be able to advertise his company on the banner behind him during pre fight announcements as well as on his trunks and fight for the most prestigious organization with the stiffest competition and you said he didnt because Dana White slagged him a little... Like I said before, GIMME A BREAK!!! Fedor isint fighting for his legacy right now

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Tim Sylvia was his heavyweight champion, he said that Fedor wasn't a top 10 heavyweight. Also I didn't bring up the Klitschko's and Don King nor did I say that was the reason why Fedor didn't join the UFC.

I was just joking with you about saying he's your boy but seriously, he is a clown with very few (ok none) redeemable qualities for me.

El Kabong Guest

Dana White is a douchebag....he's the douchebag to end all douchebags

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    lmfao.

Now that Dana White talks about the PBF/JMM fight you all jump to defend it like you're gonna buy it.

When this fight was signed people were complaining and complaining and complaining, saying the fight wasn't gonna sell a lot wasn't gonna accomplish anything and then even poked fun at how tickets weren't selling, even going as far as to say that PBF faked injury in hopes that the tickets would sell more or whatever excuse it was. And still you pandered this fight.

Yet now Dana White talks smack about it and you all wanna jump on the bandwagon like you were getting this fight the whole time?
    Dana White is a tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9K5QcQ3zM

here he rambles on how he loves boxing and watches all HBO's fights, then has the audacity to say, "Boxing is doing it to you again," White said on a newly released video from the UFC. "They're giving you the fight that you don't want. Nobody asked for this fight with Mayweather and ... what's his name? What's his name? Nobody even knows.”, how the fuck can you go on and say "nobody know's" who the 2nd best p4p fighter in the world is? White is full of shit and is just nervous that people are gonna rather tune in to see Mayweather, instead of seeing one of his recycled main events

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe you guys care what he says.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    I can't believe you guys care what he says.
    Amen dude, I said the same thing

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    speaking of this fight being in the theaters i just found out a theater down here is showing it im def going.
    None of the theaters have picked up on doing that in Australia from what I know. Its a great idea. I may suggest it to the owners of Village out here I actually know them I worked in their house and have her number somewhere.

I've always been up for it; to buy this in.

Im probably buying into an afternoon of depression; but you never know ,just in case of a Mexican miracle.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Know what you mean Andre , not big over here to have the theatre thing happening. I think it depends on the sport and the country , as you know if it's AFL it's eveywhere but it's still a minority for boxing in the grand scheme of things.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Dana White is a turd
    I think maybe Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry once said something like:

"You're nothing but dog sh!t to me, one day you'll turn white and just blow away in the wind".

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post
    Know what you mean Andre , not big over here to have the theatre thing happening. I think it depends on the sport and the country , as you know if it's AFL it's eveywhere but it's still a minority for boxing in the grand scheme of things.
    Yeah for sure, but one cinema down here around the Sunshine or Preston area would fill.

(Hate to see the fights outside afterwards though).

I can explain it.

Thread Information