Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Time for the boxing world to shutdown once again Saturday night

You know the drill guys

The 2nd superfight of 2009, nothing within the boxing world truly matters this weekend other than the moment at around 11pm (4am if your in the uk) when the 2 boys step into the ring to fight to see who is the best p4p fighter in the world.

Friday afternoon its off to asdas to stack up on cheap booze aplenty along with frozen pizzas. the invites of regular fightfans have been sent out. Nothing truly matters to a boxing hardcore this weekend whether your sports team is in action or you have to attend an important interview....its mayweather-marquez come night time

I F*CKING LOVE THIS SPORT
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Time for the boxing world to shutdown once again Saturday night

I've got my own fight that night, and weigh in and all the jazz, main event, yet...am already thinking about how I can get home quick enough after to catch it. I'd be buying it if I knew for sure I could watch it all, and prob. build a party around it. It is a big deal, and a precursor to bigger things in our sport for next year.

This is where the most excitement is. This and the pac-cotto fight. The story lines are great and being written as they go. No one who cares about boxing should underestimate the importance of this fight. I hope it reflects in the PPV numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I've got my own fight that night, and weigh in and all the jazz, main event, yet...am already thinking about how I can get home quick enough after to catch it. I'd be buying it if I knew for sure I could watch it all, and prob. build a party around it. It is a big deal, and a precursor to bigger things in our sport for next year.

This is where the most excitement is. This and the pac-cotto fight. The story lines are great and being written as they go. No one who cares about boxing should underestimate the importance of this fight. I hope it reflects in the PPV numbers.

best wishes for sat `blood

rest assured after marq-floyd to us here your 2nd in line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cracking fight, both guys look sharp. In the earlier workouts before the postponement Marquez looked a little chubby, and Floyd a little lethargic.

Love to see both guys at their best, Floyd has the physical advantages though and will eventually take over IMO.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What gets me about these fights is the conflict. I'm sure I'm not alone. I am rooting for Marquez because I like who he is, moreso then Floyd. Yet, think a win for Floyd will be better in the long haul.

Then the Cotto-Pac fight. Same deal. Cotto is right at the top of my list of fighters I respect, Pac too. But I am rooting for Cotto, and again am not sure it is best. That Pac should win, that all the stars will align if it comes out this way and we'll see a true mega-fight being the end result. That being Floyd-Pac.

This is boxing though, so no certainties is there. Any fighter is one punch from it being over. One punch from winning.

All these little story lines, Marquez piss drinking, Floyd broke, Pac overconfident, sparring session rumors, well, this is a part of it, the intrigue and interest. It's all good. Every time I see a new story pop up, and 2 sides arguing their thoughts on it, I get a bit more excited about the whole deal.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I been nervously waiting for this for months. I'm backin Floyd as I always have, but JMM is probably the one fighter I would cope with him losing to.

In terms of boxing's future, I think at least 1 of Floyd or Pacquiao has to win. A JMM-Cotto superfight will just not be on the same level as JMM-Pac III or Floyd-Cotto. Neither of those will be anywhere near the level of a Floyd-Pac fight, which I think would have the potential to be the biggest match-up in terms of appeal, public interest & significance since Hagler-Leonard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going the bookies later to throw cash on Floyd.

I've got this feeling that he will be back with a bang and stop Marquez late on. I'm going to put like a fiver on rounds 9.10,11 for him to win.

I'm going out to Liverpool central with the boys Saturday and to hook up with a girl. My parents are away for 3 days. So I'll be getting absolutely smashed in town, come home with a kebab and turn Saddo's and the fight on. I'll be drinking Vodka Red Bull's Saturday so I'll be wide awake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What gets me about these fights is the conflict. I'm sure I'm not alone. I am rooting for Marquez because I like who he is, moreso then Floyd. Yet, think a win for Floyd will be better in the long haul.

Then the Cotto-Pac fight. Same deal. Cotto is right at the top of my list of fighters I respect, Pac too. But I am rooting for Cotto, and again am not sure it is best. That Pac should win, that all the stars will align if it comes out this way and we'll see a true mega-fight being the end result. That being Floyd-Pac.

This is boxing though, so no certainties is there. Any fighter is one punch from it being over. One punch from winning.

All these little story lines, Marquez piss drinking, Floyd broke, Pac overconfident, sparring session rumors, well, this is a part of it, the intrigue and interest. It's all good. Every time I see a new story pop up, and 2 sides arguing their thoughts on it, I get a bit more excited about the whole deal.
    there are alternatives to pac-mayweather though

Mayweather-Cotto - years in the making
    Cotto-Marquez - 2 very similar techniques clashing head on
    Marquez-Pacquiao III - who the hell wouldnt want to see that go down?

I personally think the best thing possible for boxing would be either marquez or cotto winning as it would completely shake up the whole division and once again create an endless array of various matchups rather than just floyd-pac which would most likely result in both guys calling it a day there and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not the worst undercard either, looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

am already thinking about how I can get home quick enough after to catch it.
    Follow in the footsteps of Sonny Liston and Bruce Seldon..Go down by a PHANTOM PUNCH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a really great fight for the boxing purist. There may not be the big punching and blood and guts of some other fights but as far as technicians in the ring go are there any 2 better than JMM and PBF at the moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i cant wait for this one too. although im not sure where i wanna watch it. i would go to the theater but i get tired of sitting in that seat for hours and my ass starts to hurt. might just do the usual and buy some pizza and beers and watch it with a few friends.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot to request work off

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time to pay the cable bill.Betting all links will be killed early and fingers crossed.......that we dont crash ala Mayweather/Hatton.Database error be damned.Closing down at noon,hitting the Rouses Import isle wearing my Sombrero and throwing counterfeit dollar bills at anyone asking questions.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm picking up a load of hot peppers on Friday which I'm going to charcoal with other stuff. I haven't worked out anything else yet apart from the peppers. I have a good feeling that against all the odds it's going to be a great fight to watch.

Thread Information