Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is britain ready to embrace David Cameron?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is britain ready to embrace David Cameron?

Pretty done deal now that come next summer barring an absoloute miracle cameron is going to be running britain.

Cant decide whether he`s an ambitious go getter that can get this country back to its traditional family values we seemed to lose under blairs reign or a pompous toff tw*t born with a silver spoon in his mouth and with no direct affiliation with 98% of the country?

Is cameron the answer or just the better of two evils?
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is britain ready to embrace David Cameron?

pompous toff tw*t born with a silver spoon in his mouth

He's definitely that bit.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

blair jumped ship as the country was starting to fall down the shitter, nothing brown could have done, cameron will make 0 difference.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cameron is a snake... right slimey toff.

He's talking about halfing the dole to £25 a week, amongst other benefits... there go half of your votes mate.
    He basically wants to reduce taxes in favour of the upper class...

That's supposed to scare people off the dole and other benefits and in to work, or that's what were lead to believe... but the reality is it won't, there a no fucking jobs... all it will do is lower tax for other toffs (or who the tory's would call 'the boys) and lower living conditions for lower classes.

I grew up under the conservative party and me and my brother had nothing, my mum could barely afford to buy food or, getting a bus to the city centre could mess up the whole week's budget.

Labour have basically eliminated the type of childhood poverty this country had in the 80s... working family tax credits, a minimum wage... all introduced by Gordon Brown. When I look at what my brothers now have compared to me when I was there age - it's insane.

Brown has unfortunatly inherited an international problem... until the collapse of the banks (the whole world has been in recession... blame the british goverment with your tabloid formed opinion if you want) the economy has been in great shape under a labour goverment.

It's a knee jerk reaction to what has been a relativly short recession... I think people are quick to forget how awful the country was under the last tory goverment... for over a DECADE.

The solution to the country's problems are pretty fucking simple - stop imigration... it's not discrimination, if we have an over abundance of jobs then let people in... but we don't. if we need more doctors and engineers- let them in... what we don't need it imigrants working on checkouts and managing pizza shops etc... any cunt can do it and there are 1000s of people with no job who would.

The labour goverment needs to get tougher on charvers and crime... but watch the living conditions of the poor decline under the conservatives and then you can sit back and watch crime levels rocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

He's talking about halfing the dole to £25 a week, amongst other benefits... there go half of your votes mate.

That's supposed to scare people off the dole and other benefits and in to work, or that's what were lead to believe... but the reality is it won't, there a no fucking jobs... all it will do is lower tax for other toffs (or who the tory's would call 'the boys) and lower living conditions for lower classes.

I grew up under the conservative party and me and my brother had nothing, my mum could barely afford to buy food or, getting a bus to the city centre could mess up the whole week's budget.

Labour have basically eliminated the type of childhood poverty this country had in the 80s... working family tax credits, a minimum wage... all introduced by Gordon Brown. When I look at what my brothers now have compared to me when I was there age - it's insane.

Brown has unfortunatly inherited an international problem... until the collapse of the banks (the whole world has been in recession... blame the british goverment with your tabloid formed opinion if you want) the economy has been in great shape under a labour goverment.

It's a knee jerk reaction to what has been a relativly short recession... I think people are quick to forget how awful the country was under the last tory goverment... for over a DECADE.

The solution to the country's problems are pretty fucking simple - stop imigration... it's not discrimination, if we have an over abundance of jobs then let people in... but we don't. if we need more doctors and engineers- let them in... what we don't need it imigrants working on checkouts and managing pizza shops etc... any cunt can do it and there are 1000s of people with no job who would.

The labour goverment needs to get tougher on charvers and crime... but watch the living conditions of the poor decline under the conservatives and then you can sit back and watch crime levels rocket.

completely agree

Cameron will be elected via the distaste at the current regime rather than the torys own sucesses. During the worst economic crisis this country has faced in the last 20 years with mass migration and mass unemployment (both go hand in hand) this moron decides to base his election amongst middle class fears of working class people not bothering with employment and taking that extra 2-3pence off of their taxes.

The benefit system in this country is minimal at best. Your average unemployed person struggles to pay for a tin of cat food yet these morons want the capitalist demographic who contemplate where they`ll dine that very night believing that mass migration is indeed under control and that those currently living here are nothing more than "residents" while for your average unemployed brit its simply a case of they cant be bothered

Brown may be a soft touch who has no control over anything but at the very least the core foundations of the party leave them in touch with the working man. A tory vote is a vote for everything this country has spent the last 30-40 years working against!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough one. I don't trust Cameron, and Brown is just a fukking twat. The Country was coming to its knees 3 years ago...Brown just inherited a dying dog and seems to have been saddled with the blame.

Barring a serious meltdown cameron will win the GE so quite simply guys we need to accept the fact this chap will be running the country next year.

Quite frankly ive heard enough of the bollox about more coppers, more doctors, cut public spending, bringing troops home, less paperwork and less red tape ITS THE SAME OLD BULLSHITT EVERY POLITICIAN SPOUTS OUT AND NOWT REALLY HAPPENS. Some other shit alwasy goes wrong. Lets not forget you need to rob peter in order to pay paul. If one area improves others have to go to ratshit.

Choosing one is the lesser of two evils.

Rolls the dice and takes your chances fellas.
    Last edited by Munkymagic; 10-09-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's ludicrous that they want to keep the interest rates at 0.5% for two years...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he's a cunt. The only thing I want embracing him is a thresher at full running capacity.

I'll write something more eloquent tomorrow.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

I agree that Labour have done a lot of good things, but Labour has dug itself into a hole. It all went wrong when Blair lost all credibility and to be fair Brown inherited a party that had lost public confidence. It's a sad state of affairs when the Tories are once again banging on the doors to power and it's anyones guess what damage they might wreak.

I also agree that immigration is screwed up. Countries SHOULD control immigration. Can anyone just come out here and do whatever work they want and gain eventual citizenship? No, they can't. I have permanent residency out here only because of marriage and my work in Korea involves something people here simply cannot do as well as me. This seems to be the right approach to me. And yet it seems to be so simple in the UK for people to go over there and find any old work that other UK citizens could be doing. It's unhealthy. If there is a shortage of skilled workers then of course you bring them in, but otherwise it should be strictly controlled.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 10-10-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They are all the same, shite, looking after themselves. Vote Green.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can understand the frustrations that have led us to the situation we are in at the moment,but I'm p[raying for the miracle that keeps the blue menace out of power.

I was in my mid-teens when Labour came to power, and it was a huge celebration when the results came through, I shared my first beer with my dad (it tasted like crap) but though my parents never had any huge financial problem, we lived on a tight budget, with my dad working days and mum nights to keep food on the table.

The improvements in standard of living under the labour regime has been huge, but by making sure the benefits system gives people enough to live on also means its a bigger target for scroungers and fraudsters. I don't know the answer, but hitting everyone's dole because a small percentage don't want to work or screw the system doesn't seem like an answer to me, and it doesn't make any more jobs available.

If the tories win the election, I'll be praying not to get unemployed under their watch, cause it'll be tesco value cheese and bread on my table, and a small glass of tapwater.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every time I see Gordon Brown I think of my wife during sex - just lying and doing fuck all.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen anything about him wanting to cut peoples' dole. I have seen where he wants to get the two million on incapacity benefit back to work. A study just published says four out of five of them are malingerers and fit enough to work. He doesn't want to cut taxes, taxes are going up for everybody. Top earners in the UK are paying 60% one way or another and this may increase under the Conservatives. He is a posh Tory boy though, Old Etonian and everything. He'll p[robably just fiddle about in the margins though, do a bit of gesture politics on some issues like benefits but not really be all that different to Labour.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tories will win the next general election, so we will have to embrace him whether we like it or not. .
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I haven't seen anything about him wanting to cut peoples' dole. I have seen where he wants to get the two million on incapacity benefit back to work. A study just published says four out of five of them are malingerers and fit enough to work. He doesn't want to cut taxes, taxes are going up for everybody. Top earners in the UK are paying 60% one way or another and this may increase under the Conservatives. He is a posh Tory boy though, Old Etonian and everything. He'll p[robably just fiddle about in the margins though, do a bit of gesture politics on some issues like benefits but not really be all that different to Labour.
    My main beef with the UK is the benefits system. There are too many who take advantage of it and sit around doing nothing but smoking cheap illegally imprted cigarettes. I have no qualm with a job seekers allowance for a period of up to six months, but people need to learn how to look after themselves. They have free health care and a decent education system...that should be enough in my eyes. If you can't get a job in the supermarket after all that has been granted then your life support should be cut off. The sense of entitlement in the UK is shocking and needs to be eradicated.

I'm no Tory, but this is one area where I have little sympathy.

Thread Information