Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Dear Lord, Mike Tyson to be on Oprah

Well according to Dan Rafael's Notebook, Mike Tyson is going to be on Oprah this Monday.

I wonder if she'll get him to cry.

Notebook: Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa appear headed for a showdown - Boxing - ESPN

I'm setting my DVR now, so I don't forget.

Oh, Dan also talks about how the Vasquez fight on Saturday is now going to be broadcast on Fox Sports en Español, so if you get that channel, you can now watch it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a stream now as well, for those of us who don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dear Lord, Mike Tyson to be on Oprah

Are we going to get the Mike Tyson of, "Are we going to Fornicate? All I'm saying is you could just *** ***** ****."

I am scared to think of what he might say. Poor guy. I feel really really bad for Mike, he's just had so many people telling him to do things. He's got such a fragile mind. Then again, he could have made some moral decisions that would have alleviated his infamous celebrity image.

Gamboa will knock the sox off Lopez!!! Mark my words!!!
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not for all the tea in china could you get me to rile mike tyson to the point of him getting annoyed

hope your wearing ear muffs oprah
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike is not the man that once acted the way he opnce did, in truth I have become a huge fan of Mikes outside the ring he has come full circle.

The earmuff joke is too old to even freaking mention, in truth if you ever seen his new documentary when he speaks on the topic and why he did it after thinking about it I would have done the same thing!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Supprising how similar his personality timespan is so like George Foreman's

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ideally he would like to be remembered like George Foreman. If you're my age or younger you grow up thinking, oh George is a big, nice, grill peddling, gentle giant. You don't really hear about how mean and fiersome he was. I compare him Kareem Abdul Jabaar, ask most people my age and they won't have even heard about Kareem's meanstreak or his hostility with the media and fans. With time you just hear about the sky hook.

Now though you see Mike and they will never stop showing the soundbytes he produced, along with the knockouts. And someone is always going to ask, "how did he get that tattoo on his face?"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope it is a happy Oprah visit. Not normal happy either. I'm talking Tom Cruise happy, with lots of jumping around, and maybe even grabbing Oprah by the arms...and accidentally pulling one or both off, or at the very least dislocating them. Bahh. I set my sights wayy too high sometimes.

jon09 Guest

He really needs interview lessons

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missed it.He didn't pull a Tom cruise and start jumping on the sofa did he

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Dear Lord, Mike Tyson to be on Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    LOL!!! No that might have been more entertaining though. Simple questions, like Mike are you happy? And his response was Um well I wake up and think about the past and you know I don't know um I just did alot of things um I um I don't know. Damn a simple yes or no would have sufficed. And he pretty much cried through the entire interview over every little question. He has gotten to damn emotional anymore. I can understand about crying over his daughter I definitely feel for him on that 1 but when you start crying over taking money from drug dealers then there is an emotional malfunction there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    LOL!!! No that might have been more entertaining though. Simple questions, like Mike are you happy? And his response was Um well I wake up and think about the past and you know I don't know um I just did alot of things um I um I don't know. Damn a simple yes or no would have sufficed. And he pretty much cried through the entire interview over every little question. He has gotten to damn emotional anymore. I can understand about crying over his daughter I definitely feel for him on that 1 but when you start crying over taking money from drug dealers then there is an emotional malfunction there.
    Hey thanks for the breakdown.He def sounds more and more a bundle of nerves,almost manic but has been through the grinder in alot of ways...bringing it on in spots.I'm betting he yearns for one big Do-over at times.He's getting quite a few gigs in movies and tv shows.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I just finished watching it, and I had a bit of a different perspective of it.

He didn't cry the whole time, the only time he really did was when he was talking about his kids, or talking about his relationship with Cus D'Amato.

You have to remember this is Oprah, not Jerry Springer, so Oprah was trying to show the more human side to Mike.

He obviously had a hard trying to explain his feelings about a lot of issues, but he was also very honest about a lot of his demons.

He said that he wanted to sock Robin Givens when she started spouting a bunch of lies during that interview with Barbara Walters. He admitted that he was never faithful in his past marriages.

He admitted that at the time, he didn't regret biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear, and that his public apology wasn't sincere.

He basically came off as a guy who's trying to put his demons to rest, and trying to learn to live a better life, because he said that he was tired of failing, and didn't want to live life as a failure anymore. But you can see it's still a struggle for him.

I haven't seen the documentary Tyson yet, but I do want to check it out, because they were showing clips from it, and it looks good.

jon09 Guest

Smile Re: Dear Lord, Mike Tyson to be on Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by I Lust For Violent D View Post
    Well I just finished watching it, and I had a bit of a different perspective of it.

He didn't cry the whole time, the only time he really did was when he was talking about his kids, or talking about his relationship with Cus D'Amato.

You have to remember this is Oprah, not Jerry Springer, so Oprah was trying to show the more human side to Mike.

He obviously had a hard trying to explain his feelings about a lot of issues, but he was also very honest about a lot of his demons.

He said that he wanted to sock Robin Givens when she started spouting a bunch of lies during that interview with Barbara Walters. He admitted that he was never faithful in his past marriages.

He admitted that at the time, he didn't regret biting off a piece of Holyfield's ear, and that his public apology wasn't sincere.

He basically came off as a guy who's trying to put his demons to rest, and trying to learn to live a better life, because he said that he was tired of failing, and didn't want to live life as a failure anymore. But you can see it's still a struggle for him.

I haven't seen the documentary Tyson yet, but I do want to check it out, because they were showing clips from it, and it looks good.
    He cried quite a bit but all this has been said to death on Mike Tyson from his relationship with Cus to Robin Givens etc. The 1 thing that was frustrating to watch was that he cant seem to comprehend long questions and can never really give a straight answer. He talks about Exodus that she is an Angel but does not want to know about the situation of her death but yet family is the most important thing in his life. Life kicks the crap out of everyone and Mike needs to understand that and quit living in the past and playing the sympathy card.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jon09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Lust For Violent D View Post

He cried quite a bit but all this has been said to death on Mike Tyson from his relationship with Cus to Robin Givens etc. The 1 thing that was frustrating to watch was that he cant seem to comprehend long questions and can never really give a straight answer. He talks about Exodus that she is an Angel but does not want to know about the situation of her death but yet family is the most important thing in his life. Life kicks the crap out of everyone and Mike needs to understand that and quit living in the past and playing the sympathy card.
    Have you ever lost a child? Who are you to say how each person should handle grieving the death of their child.

Did you even consider that he has trouble expressing himself because he isn't well educated, and that maybe his brain might not be fully functioning from fighting, and all the drugs he did?

I'm not a huge fan of Tyson, so I'm not being biased here, but I don't think he tried to play the sympathy card. He answered the questions that Oprah was asking, what more do you want?

jon09 Guest

Actually I have so who are you to judge me? Being that we don't know each other its not fair to judge either one of us. I simply stated that life goes on and that he for the most part is a broken record regarding the eighties life that he lived. And I'm not sure what you were watching but he evaded alot of the questions. I tell you what agree to disagree cause I'm not going to beat a dead horse. You have your opinion and I have mine leave it at that. Thanks

Thread Information