Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jason Booth vs Michael Hunter

Hi they folks,my local boxer Michael Hanter challenges Jason "too smooth"Booth this friday night on the main event up here in Seaburn Centre in Sunderland,north east of england.Hunter has boild back down to superbantam weight to get back his old British Super Bantamweight title.It should be a really good toe to toe fight as both fighters are both forward fighters.For me Hunter really needs to win this fight as he has never really looked as good as when Steve Molitor beat him for the IBF title challenge backm in 2006.Micheal Hunter has never been beaten on the british title and European scenes ever since he won them a few years ago.I hope he puts in a great performance and rewinds the genetic clock come friday night!

If he loses,then i dont know where he'll go from then as he has had trouble with making the weight and draining himself too much to make the weight.Mind you Jason Booth is a really good fighter.It should be really interesting to watch.Its on Sky Sports1 soo tune in folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jason Booth vs Michael Hunter

Too smooth will be exactly that against brawler Hunter, should be a decent scrap.

I wonder what Nicky Booth is upto these days, last I saw was the documentry on sky 1 where steve bunce went to pay him a visit.

Poor Nicky had come to crack addiction and was trying to get back in the ring, Bunce had arranged for him to be ringside for a fight that was fighting for the then british title which he once held, but the show ended with Nickys nicely ironed suit for him to wear to go watch the fight still sat there on his table the day after, made me quite sad that.

Anyone heard from Nicky Booth recently.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the size difference could be quite important here.

Booth is really a fly/sup fly, Hunter always looked a big super bantam - Think Booth is 5'3, Hunter 5'8
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-15-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna monitor this thread and whoever becomes the consensus favorite I'm gonna pick against in the prediction thread, I still haven't gotten over Fury-that other guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a tight fight to call.Their both really need to win this fight to give them they lime light career back on track.One thing i know is that Hunter was 3lb over the limit three days ago,but he mentioned in the local paper of Hartlepool that he will be able to lose the extra weight with no problem at all.The weigh in is on today.Im trying to see if theres any photos on the net!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is a cracking domestic "pick em " fight , i will be watching this one.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I'm gonna monitor this thread and whoever becomes the consensus favorite I'm gonna pick against in the prediction thread, I still haven't gotten over Fury-that other guy.
    I picked Hunter so Booth is your man.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the old Michael Hunter turns up then he should win,even by a stoppage but we have'nt seen much of Hunter especially over the last 3years when Steve Molitor beat him at the Borough Hall of Hartlepool foor the challenge of the IBF title.I remember that night at the great Borough Hall as i was there.I just hope the old Hunter is back.
    Last edited by yvonne; 10-16-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry mate thought that would happen
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hunter just didn't look the same fighter tonight as he was a few years ago. Those rumours about him really boiling down to make the weight seem to have been accurate, you could hear him in the corner going on about being exhausted and feeling there's nothing there.

Maybe he should have stuck to his guns when he said he'd never make super bantam again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Hunter just didn't look the same fighter tonight as he was a few years ago. Those rumours about him really boiling down to make the weight seem to have been accurate, you could hear him in the corner going on about being exhausted and feeling there's nothing there.

Maybe he should have stuck to his guns when he said he'd never make super bantam again.

I was certain this was going 12rounds, booth looked good but hunter just looked a shell of the fighter of recent years.

good stoppage by the corner and booth deserves a shot at munroe after that display!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight live last night with me mate at the local with a pint and it was sad to see Hunter get clocked and clocked by left hooks from Booth,after round two Hunter looked gassed.He has mentioned in todays local paper that he is thinking of moving up a division or two as he is finding it really hard to boil down to Bantamweight division.

Thread Information