Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor out of hospital.

Thankfully, Jermain Taylor is out of the Berlin hospital after suffering a 12th-round knockout against Arthur Abraham in their opening bout of the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament on Saturday.
    Taylor, who suffered a severe concussion and short-term memory loss, will remain in Europe for a planned vacation with his wife.

"I want to thank all my fans and those concerned and let everyone know I'm doing just fine and feeling good," Taylor said in a statement. "I want to congratulate Arthur Abraham on his victory and wish him well in the tournament. Right now my plans are to relax and enjoy my vacation in Europe with my wife, Erica."

"I was very sorry when I heard about him spending the night in the hospital," Abraham said. "I want to defeat my opponents in the ring but I do not want to harm them. The health is the most important thing and I am very happy that Jermain is doing fine. It was an honor to fight him. I hope I get some time off from coach Ulli Wegner. Now that I know that Jermain is OK, I can start to celebrate my success -- but only for a couple of days before I begin my preparation for Dirrell."

Full Story---->Taylor out of the hospital

Good thing. I don't think he will continue in the tournament. Good for him though happy his back with his family.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor out of hospital.

Outside of the ring JT seems like a genuinely good guy, I hope he has a sound financial advisor and can retire.

Only the best to you Jermain.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the best to the guy...this sport can be a dangerous thing. He should head straight home and start looking at help wanted ad's, he had his run but boxing just doesn't look like his thing.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    All the best to the guy...this sport can be a dangerous thing. He should head straight home and start looking at help wanted ad's, he had his run but boxing just doesn't look like his thing.
    He was undisputed MW champ of the world, I mean that suggests it kind of was his thing. I'm in 2 minds of whether he should carry on, for me it depends of whatever the medical advice is. But let's not paint him like he's Kid Thunder.

Anyway both Taylor & Abraham come away from all of that with a lot of credit as men for me. Abraham saying he didn't want to celebrate till he knew Jermain was ok & Jermain congratulating his opponent. The pair of them are class personified.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    He was undisputed MW champ of the world, I mean that suggests it kind of was his thing. I'm in 2 minds of whether he should carry on, for me it depends of whatever the medical advice is. But let's not paint him like he's Kid Thunder.

Anyway both Taylor & Abraham come away from all of that with a lot of credit as men for me. Abraham saying he didn't want to celebrate till he knew Jermain was ok & Jermain congratulating his opponent. The pair of them are class personified.
    completely agree, and although he didn't completely blow them away he has solid wins against guys like, Hopkins, Ouma, Spinks, and Lacey

he fought Hopkins, Wright Ouma, Spinks, Pavlik, Lacey, Froch, and Abraham back to back, think he deserves some credit

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy to hear it.Very spirited fighter,down to earth real sort.Hope he gets out intact for family,self before damage is done.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great News and nice words from Abrahams, bit of class.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should withdraw from the Super six and Sakio Bika should replace him.

Thread Information