Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you score the Abraham - Taylor fight prior to the stoppage?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How did you score the Abraham - Taylor fight prior to the stoppage?

Obviously it doesn't matter in the end and I doubt that many of you (if any) are going to care enough to respond, but this is a fight that I seen people say they thought was very close going into the final round. So I'm asking you how you scored it prior to the 12th.

I felt the point deduction for JT's "low-blows" was unwarranted, as there had only been two clear low-blows at that point and only the first one was particularly bad. I also felt that Abraham should have been cautioned against punching to the back of the head. My last point is that I feel that Abraham's body-punching is that main thing that won him the fight.

Also, does anyone know what the official scores were?

Here's my scorecard:

Abraham - Taylor:
    1. A - 9; T - 10
    2. A - 9; T - 10
    3. A - 10; T - 9
    4. A - 9; T - 10
    5. A - 10; T - 9
    6. A - 10; T - 8 (bullshit deduction)
    7. A - 10; T - 9
    8. A - 10; T - 9
    9. A -10; T - 9
    10. A - 10; T - 9
    11. A - 10 ; T - 9

So I had it 107 - 101 Abraham going into the 12th.

I also feel that rounds 3 and 5 were close enough that they could be justifiably scored for Taylor, though I felt Abraham won both.

Finally, while I am a big fan of Abraham, I think Dirrell has all the tools and the style to beat him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How did you score the Abraham - Taylor fight prior to the stoppage?

Don't worry Josh, me won't leaves you with an empty thread.

I had it

1. Taylor
    2. Taylor
    3. Taylor
    4. Taylor
    5. Taylor
    6. Abraham (+ the point deduction which I agree was BS)
    7. Abraham
    8. Abraham
    9. Abraham
    10. Abraham
    11. Abraham
    12. I had Taylor just edging this going into the last minute, although had the KO not occurred, I might have felt Abraham roughed him up just enough to take it.

But, let's say the KO didn't occur & I gave JT that last round I would have had 114-113 going to the cards.

Ignoring that I had it 105-103 going into the final round, I truthfully felt that Taylor did need to KO him to get the victory.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Jaz, but I'd rather not have racists posting in my thread. Spread your hatred somewhere else.

(that's a joke for all you who are getting ready to spring to Jaz's defense)
    Last edited by CFH; 10-19-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Obviously it doesn't matter in the end and I doubt that many of you (if any) are going to care enough to respond, but this is a fight that I seen people say they thought was very close going into the final round. So I'm asking you how you scored it prior to the 12th.

I felt the point deduction for JT's "low-blows" was unwarranted, as there had only been two clear low-blows at that point and only the first one was particularly bad. I also felt that Abraham should have been cautioned against punching to the back of the head. My last point is that I feel that Abraham's body-punching is that main thing that won him the fight.

Here's my scorecard:

Abraham - Taylor:
    1. A - 9; T - 10
    2. A - 9; T - 10
    3. A - 10; T - 9
    4. A - 9; T - 10
    5. A - 10; T - 9
    7. A - 10; T - 9
    8. A - 10; T - 9
    9. A -10; T - 9
    10. A - 10; T - 9
    11. A - 10 ; T - 9

I also feel that rounds 3 and 5 were close enough that they could be justifiably scored for Taylor, though I felt Abraham won both.

Finally, while I am a big fan of Abraham, I think Dirrell has all the tools and the style to beat him.
    i had more or less the same score, only difference i gave the 4th to Taylor, and i agree with the bullshit deduction

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Don't worry Josh, me won't leaves you with an empty thread.

I had it

1. Taylor
    2. Taylor
    3. Taylor
    4. Taylor
    5. Taylor
    6. Abraham (+ the point deduction which I agree was BS)
    7. Abraham
    8. Abraham
    9. Abraham
    10. Abraham
    11. Abraham
    12. I had Taylor just edging this going into the last minute, although had the KO not occurred, I might have felt Abraham roughed him up just enough to take it.

But, let's say the KO didn't occur & I gave JT that last round I would have had 114-113 going to the cards.

Ignoring that I had it 105-103 going into the final round, I truthfully felt that Taylor did need to KO him to get the victory.
    I can definitely understand giving Abraham rounds 3 and 5, though after watching round 3 twice I do feel that he edged it pretty clearly. I also think that a case could maybe be made for giving Taylor the 10th round, though I couldn't give it to him even though I was trying to.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Jaz, but I'd rather not have racists posting in my thread. Spread your hatred somewhere else.

(that's a joke for all you who are getting read to spring to Jaz's defense)
    Haha, good work. Its spreading now. That thread can't be contained!
    Can i post in your thread?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Here's my scorecard:

Abraham - Taylor:
    1. A - 9; T - 10
    2. A - 9; T - 10
    3. A - 10; T - 9
    4. A - 9; T - 10
    5. A - 10; T - 9
    7. A - 10; T - 9
    8. A - 10; T - 9
    9. A -10; T - 9
    10. A - 10; T - 9
    11. A - 10 ; T - 9

i had more or less the same score, only difference i gave the 4th to Taylor, and i agree with the bullshit deduction
    I gave the fourth to Taylor too, do you mean you gave it to Abraham?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

(that's a joke for all you who are getting read to spring to Jaz's defense)
    Haha, good work. Its spreading now. That thread can't be contained!
    Can i post in your thread?
    That depends, who's your favorite white fighter?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my scorecard:

Abraham - Taylor:
    1. A - 9; T - 10
    2. A - 9; T - 10
    3. A - 10; T - 9
    4. A - 9; T - 10
    5. A - 10; T - 9
    7. A - 10; T - 9
    8. A - 10; T - 9
    9. A -10; T - 9
    10. A - 10; T - 9
    11. A - 10 ; T - 9

my bad i mean i gave the first 4 rounds to Taylor, i felt he controlled the pace of the fight and his jab although landing on the gloves, was effective

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what the hell are you implying??!!

Well, as Primetime bullshit meant i missed first 7 rounds my scorecard is rather different to everyone elses. I had it 40-36 for Abraham going into the last round, . Im sure that will be of great benefit to your thread. No need to thank me.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my bad i mean i gave the first 4 rounds to Taylor, i felt he controlled the pace of the fight and his jab although landing on the gloves, was effective
    I can understand that. Round three was one of those rounds where I really had to think about who to score it for. Like I said earlier in the thread, I watched it twice to make sure (both times I scored it for Abraham).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

(that's a joke for all you who are getting ready to spring to Jaz's defense)

That's the pot calling the kettle black!! We all know about your racism to the people of Turkmenistan!!# Sure, they're ok to use your bathroom* but I bet if one came home with your imaginary daughter...

I'd love if someone did leap to my defence thinking you were accusing me of racism. Although obviously if they did that you would then throw all your toys out of the pram & leave the forum#.

* Today in Louisiana thread reference
    # Most of the Who Won? Froch or Dirrell? thread referenced there

Man look at me will all my post-modern, self-aware references. I'm like the Quentin Tarantino of Saddo's. This obviously means anything I do from now on will be shit

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    I can definitely understand giving Abraham rounds 3 and 5, though after watching round 3 twice I do feel that he edged it pretty clearly. I also think that a case could maybe be made for giving Taylor the 10th round, though I couldn't give it to him even though I was trying to.
    I assume you meant Taylor. I just felt he controlled the early rounds although I felt 5 was a swing round, I could easily have given it to Abraham. Saw them all pretty solidly his up until the 12th, but we know what happened there.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I would have given more or less 8 rounds to Abraham (with one that was pretty tight and where I had difficulty to make my mind) something like that. Personally, I don't understand how the judges could score it 118-110 and something like 117-111 2 times (or very close to it if my memory is good)? I like King Arthur a lot, I think he was leading but from such huge margin? One has the right to wonder what do they give to the judges before a fight in GErmany!
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Abraham 1pt up 106-105 going into the last.

So if Taylor made the count in the last it wouldve been a 10-8 round and I would have had it 116-113 Abraham.

1.JT
    2.JT
    3.A
    4.JT
    5.Draw
    6.A (I thought a close round plus dodgy deduction = just normal 10-9)
    7.A
    8.A
    9.A
    10.Draw
    11.JT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's my scorecard:

Abraham - Taylor:
    1. A - 9; T - 10
    2. A - 9; T - 10
    3. A - 10; T - 9
    4. A - 9; T - 10
    5. A - 10; T - 9
    7. A - 10; T - 9
    8. A - 10; T - 9
    9. A -10; T - 9
    10. A - 10; T - 9
    11. A - 10 ; T - 9

had the exact same scorecard, taylor did well through the 1st 4 but once AA let go it began to become a prosession and taylors inability to dodge a guy who hardly throws the quickest punches was just scary.
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information