Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default started back boxing recently

just been back after 3 years, boxed before that for a year and had 3 fights, won two lost one, just come back and had 1 fight and won one .anyway, i use to be a pressure fighter, now ive been back ive turned into an on the back foot counter puncher(and really effective with it) any reason for that, and any tips for improving on being a counter puncher. thanks

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: started back boxing recently

I've been thinking about going back to my boxing gym...I stopped when I hurt my back, but that seems better now. I think now I would counter punch better than I used to just by learning from these videos

Here's some good counter moves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbYhbDwwCM

And this guy
    YouTube - billiardjay's Channel
    Has some very good vids up on youtube, but the embedding is disabled so you'll have to look them up yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I've been thinking about going back to my boxing gym...I stopped when I hurt my back, but that seems better now. I think now I would counter punch better than I used to just by learning from these videos

Here's some good counter moves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWbYhbDwwCM

And this guy
    YouTube - billiardjay's Channel
    Has some very good vids up on youtube, but the embedding is disabled so you'll have to look them up yourself
    thaks lyle, nice one, i think ive turned into a counter puncher cause i dont trust my fitness maybe coz i been out so long so maybe i feel more comfortable just sittin back and catchin people on the way in, i have a video of my last fight, i will post u it soon mate, if u want too see photos the website is fightnightsonline.com, go too gallery and go too dean sugden promotions(history in the makin 2), number 16, im the very white dude with the head gaurd on

El Kabong Guest

Awesome, keep up the good work.

When I was boxing, although I was just sparring and preparing to fight before I partially slipped a disk in my back (which hurt some bad and for so long I kind of hung up the gloves). I want to get back to it, even if I just spar. I love sparring anyway, great fun.

I always tried to empliment what pro fighters used successfully. When I was throwing hooks I wanted to have Tyson/Frazier/Foreman technique, when I wanted to keep distance and use the 1-2 I wanted to use Lewis/Klitschko technique (btw the Klitschko jab, swat down the guard, right cross works like a CHARM). I wish I took the time to utilize shoulder rolls and counter punching...I didn't know anything about counter punching when I was fighting, the videos make it looks simple enough and I figure there are a couple pros to watch and learn from on simple counter punching too e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrFQtbM2rc

If you watch Holyfield-Tyson all that fight was, was Evander catching the overhand right and countering with a right cross or catching a left hook with the ear muff and countering.

Do you ever feint in? I found once I established the 1-2 that a feint right cross followed by a left hook worked pretty well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Awesome, keep up the good work.

When I was boxing, although I was just sparring and preparing to fight before I partially slipped a disk in my back (which hurt some bad and for so long I kind of hung up the gloves). I want to get back to it, even if I just spar. I love sparring anyway, great fun.

I always tried to empliment what pro fighters used successfully. When I was throwing hooks I wanted to have Tyson/Frazier/Foreman technique, when I wanted to keep distance and use the 1-2 I wanted to use Lewis/Klitschko technique (btw the Klitschko jab, swat down the guard, right cross works like a CHARM). I wish I took the time to utilize shoulder rolls and counter punching...I didn't know anything about counter punching when I was fighting, the videos make it looks simple enough and I figure there are a couple pros to watch and learn from on simple counter punching too e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrFQtbM2rc

If you watch Holyfield-Tyson all that fight was, was Evander catching the overhand right and countering with a right cross or catching a left hook with the ear muff and countering.

Do you ever feint in? I found once I established the 1-2 that a feint right cross followed by a left hook worked pretty well
    i feint all the time, throw throw the left too throw the right or vice verca, im really into the counter punchin now, cant get enough of it mate

Thread Information