26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Irrational Hate Watering Hole

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    David Haye doesn't have a funny voice
    Well... he doesn't speak like a 'Southern Gentleman' if that's what you mean.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    haha let it all out guys, hopefully Miles will be in later to let off some steam. It's good to get together and whinge I think....
    I do like a good old rant every now and then, especially if one of my favourite fighters comes unstuck in a dubious way. Khan is an easy one to dislike, but now that he is going to be on a diet of mandatories I don't think I need to give him any attention any longer. Who else? Of course Manny has been up there on my whinge list because he keeps beating everyone I like. Though, I did enjoy seeing him beat up DLH. DLH is of course another one that grates. The only thing emptier than ODLH is a cup.

My loathing of a fighter is seldom permanent, it ebbs and flows or else dissipates entirely. It often depends on who they are being matched up against and how they carry themselves in the build up and in the actual ring come fight night. 'Dancing boxers' have recently begun to annoy me more. Dawson, Dirrell and Haye all put up lacklustre showings and seemed to enjoy waltzing about more than engaging. That's all well and good but it's boring. I don't like to get up early on a sunday morning only to be immediately sent back to sleep through tedious antics.

Floyd Mayweather is the only one who irritates me in everything he does. I can never warm to him. He is just so unlikeable. He is also extremely thick, has no charm, nor manners and has obviously become seriously infected with his fathers genes. You get someone like Mayorga or Toney who can trash talk with a glint in their eye and an underlying humour and intelligence. This is something Floyd is never able to carry off, he's just Mr Big Thicky who gets his tongue all twisted up whenever he is asked to produce a word of more than 2 syllables. He is a class A muppet. And he stinks out the joint all too often with that boring style of his. He only throws punches in bunches if the other guy doesn't have the reach to hit him back.

You watch, Mayweather will be fighting Steve Forbes next.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Simple really... the guy is confident and looks like a model.

No wonder there are so many 'Hayeters'

If he was short, had a funny voice, a letter box mouth, got extremely fat inbetween bouts and talked about his love of darts/pies all the time like another British fighter then he would be much less threatening to the ego and more endeared by the British public.
    Yes Adam I do accept that this is the case mate. The thing is, normally God has seen fit to put a flaw into those who are ridiculously attractive or popular with the ladies to make them more palatable to us mortal men.

David Beckham has a comedy voice which makes him non threatening. Robbie Williams has his bi polar mood swings and depressions, Tom Cruise has his total insanity. Michael Jackson had his weird tortured mind and Elvis died young, a fat, bloated, drugged up mess.

This is how it should be, their incredible talents, or sex appeal with the ladies tempered with some huge flaw, a cross to bear that keeps them humble.

But with David Haye, he no such affliction or burden to carry. He is just possessed of ridiculous buffness, cool hair, most likely a schlong like an SS troopers baton, and tremendous physical power.

Of course, the ladies love him, he has been a model, and his ego is as tall as the Eiffel Tower.

He's been given the easiest route to superstardom ever imo, with the easiest division unification imaginable, beating an over the hill Frechman and a weak club fighter to become the first unified champ since Holyfield (apparently when O'Neil Bell did it, it didn't count ) and then wins a heavyweight title against a complete freakshow with the most negative performance possible, and instead of being chastisted he gets HAILED AS A HERO, and LIKENED TO KING DAVID!!!

It's ridiculous. I keep looking for flaws, and the worst I can find is his nostrils are a bit flared. But rather than being an affliction, that just makes him more annoying when they start proudly expanding and pumping, when he tells us how great he is.

If something happened to him like he had an unsightly birthmark, or a hairy mole that made him look a bit gross I could get behind him. If he was a fat James Toneyesque mess I'd probably love the guy for his trash talking.

But in his current form of buff, proud and loud he's just completely unpalatable for me to get behind or support in any way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    haha let it all out guys, hopefully Miles will be in later to let off some steam. It's good to get together and whinge I think....
    Floyd Mayweather is the only one who irritates me in everything he does. I can never warm to him. He is just so unlikeable. He is also extremely thick, has no charm, nor manners and has obviously become seriously infected with his fathers genes. You get someone like Mayorga or Toney who can trash talk with a glint in their eye and an underlying humour and intelligence. This is something Floyd is never able to carry off, he's just Mr Big Thicky who gets his tongue all twisted up whenever he is asked to produce a word of more than 2 syllables. He is a class A muppet. And he stinks out the joint all too often with that boring style of his. He only throws punches in bunches if the other guy doesn't have the reach to hit him back.

You watch, Mayweather will be fighting Steve Forbes next.

Yep, pretty much summed it up they bud

He's probably the only boxer on the planet i actually hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He`s british thats why he`s hated on here

To this day posters of this site still think calzaghe wouldnt be able to beat johnson and that lewis was an average world champion

If david was from california and spoke with an american accent this site would go into overdrive of fans wanting to be his towel man!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't stand Carl Froch. He's so limited, has awful footwork, bad movement, slow hands...the list goes on. Whats more annoying is that he talks about himself like an ATG, you'd think he was the second coming or something the way he goes on. Can't wait to hear what excuse he comes out with when he gets KO'd by Kessler. It would be priceless if that was in Nottingham too

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

To this day posters of this site still think calzaghe wouldnt be able to beat johnson and that lewis was an average world champion

If david was from california and spoke with an american accent this site would go into overdrive of fans wanting to be his towel man!!
    You hated him last week you fucking hypocrite.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

still do hate him

but credit where its due

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

still do hate him

but credit where its due
    Oh right.. so if he loses his next fight you'll go back to calling him a fraud? I see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

still do hate him

but credit where its due
    Oh right.. so if he loses his next fight you'll go back to calling him a fraud? I see
    I said if he LOST this fight he was the fraud we all suspected

I got proved wrong, not the first time and wont be the last

You chose to make your excuses days in advance while i simply said what i thought!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

still do hate him

but credit where its due

You chose to make your excuses days in advance while i simply said what i thought!!

hand on heart thought it should of been scored for valuev EASILY

hayes a fraud
    You are such a donut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Captain Obvious checking in: Antonio Tarver. Never has a fighter gotten more mileage out of a lucky punch. If Tarver had won a points decision against Roy he would be a footnote in boxing.

Tarver is a decent boxer whose only threat is a left hook. Great chin, but poor stamina. If he had a third of that fishmouth I probably would have liked him.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any boxer who gives it up to Jesus when he wins and doesn't credit Him when he loses. First off, I don't care about your religion. Second, God's got better things to do than help you beat the other guy's face in.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hand on heart thought it should of been scored for valuev EASILY

hayes a fraud
    You are such a donut.

What time exactly was that post made on saturday night?

What is the one thing on this site that i over everyone else are renound for doing of an evening?

I was pissed up and pissed off, watched the fight the very next morning not in a coma and scored 1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11,12 for haye

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant stand Pavlik either. I think he's overated and that stroke face he pulls really fucks me off.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information