Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default spicy foods...

So its friday night and me and a good mate who`s down from essex decide its that time of the night to give up on our latest conquests and head for the nearest curry house

Now with 8-9pints down us he orders a madras while myself blinded by the 2 little hotties on the other table decide its time to impress and order the mutton vindaloo.

When our food arrives i find 3 cooked black peppers in the confides of my curry with just the 1 on his. Normally i am impervierse to spicy foods but within 1 bite i realise im way over my head and by the 3rd mouthful the tears are being held back as the 2 sorts look on awaiting their meal.

By the time i got half way through i had already ordered 3pints to calm down my mouth and had decided it was time to throw in the towel and admit defeat. I felt thoroughully humiliated and we quickly ordered our cheque and got the hell out of there.

Does anyone actually know what a vindaloo contains (other than the chillis of course) and does anyone have a similar experience of food thats just TOO spicy??
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: spicy foods...

Generally speaking in your ten a penny Indian a vindaloo wont be much different than a madras, they'll just throw a bit more chilli in it.

They play up to people like you who want to show off to a couple of tarts by eating Vindaloo and Phal and burn the fuck out of their mouths coz they're ard

They also chuck potato into them as well for the 'aloo' so people who think they know what the names are dont feel daft.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Generally speaking in your ten a penny Indian a vindaloo wont be much different than a madras, they'll just throw a bit more chilli in it.

They play up to people like you who want to show off to a couple of tarts by eating Vindaloo and Phal and burn the fuck out of their mouths coz they're ard

They also chuck potato into them as well for the 'aloo' so people who think they know what the names are dont feel daft.

I had about 3 bits of chicken, 1 bombay potato and the rest was just pure vindaloo sauce

Havent cried that much since i found out saddo let violent demise back!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A madras is my limit. Wouldnt mind a proper Vindaloo thats more about taste then how many layers of skin it peels off
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A madras is my limit. Wouldnt mind a proper Vindaloo thats more about taste then how many layers of skin it peels off

Hand on heart when i went for a piss i actually came out with a red hot knob (not that i aint got one anyway)

20minutes of feeding horror followed by 6 hours of shitting bricks

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Hand on heart when i went for a piss i actually came out with a red hot knob (not that i aint got one anyway)

You went to the gents and came out with a red hot knob? Mate do you want to retract anything from the benders in the army thread?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love spicy food, nothing better than a good hot curry. My barbecued hot sauce chicken restaurant is the best though. It burns the roof off of my mouth but the sauce is so tasty. It's really hot, but has a syrupy sweetness to it as well. I cannot describe it in terms of food from home because I had never tasted this there.

I had a friend back home who always did what Hammer did. "Make mine extra hot!". They always did and he never finished his meal. It was like some ritual of punishment that he just felt compelled to go through each and every time. Each to their own, I guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I love spicy food, nothing better than a good hot curry. My barbecued hot sauce chicken restaurant is the best though. It burns the roof off of my mouth but the sauce is so tasty. It's really hot, but has a syrupy sweetness to it as well. I cannot describe it in terms of food from home because I had never tasted this there.

I had a friend back home who always did what Hammer did. "Make mine extra hot!". They always did and he never finished his meal. It was like some ritual of punishment that he just felt compelled to go through each and every time. Each to their own, I guess!

To be fair milo normally i just settle for a masala and a nan but all that machismo bollocks just came out and i felt obliged to go for a mutton

Pretty sure i could of handled even a madras as i have got quite a strong threshold, but on this particular night i came a croper!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair milo normally i just settle for a masala and a nan but all that machismo bollocks just came out and i felt obliged to go for a mutton

Pretty sure i could of handled even a madras as i have got quite a strong threshold, but on this particular night i came a croper!!
    We all have our off nights. Don't worry about it too much. I hope your red hot knob gets better soon!

One thing I miss from home is a good old fashioned curry night. Yum yum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We all have our off nights. Don't worry about it too much. I hope your red hot knob gets better soon!

One thing I miss from home is a good old fashioned curry night. Yum yum!
    cant beat a good ruby after a night out, or a nice kebab

If i dont eat at the end of a night i find myself with a hangover the next morning, curry with all the works just cant be beat

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me too. A tikka chicken madras is the ultimate curry. Anything hotter just isn't worth the bother curry-wise but I make barbeque sauces and dips that are vindaloo and vindaloo plus hot and enjoy them. I even eat hot peppers v+ and v+++ in quite large quantity, will be doing so this weekend. But with an Indian meal anything over madras heat ruins the taste of the meal, makes me not want to eat it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh well, When ordering you were thinking only with your dick head.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So its friday night and me and a good mate who`s down from essex decide its that time of the night to give up on our latest conquests and head for the nearest curry house

Now with 8-9pints down us he orders a madras while myself blinded by the 2 little hotties on the other table decide its time to impress and order the mutton vindaloo.

When our food arrives i find 3 cooked black peppers in the confides of my curry with just the 1 on his. Normally i am impervierse to spicy foods but within 1 bite i realise im way over my head and by the 3rd mouthful the tears are being held back as the 2 sorts look on awaiting their meal.

By the time i got half way through i had already ordered 3pints to calm down my mouth and had decided it was time to throw in the towel and admit defeat. I felt thoroughully humiliated and we quickly ordered our cheque and got the hell out of there.

Does anyone actually know what a vindaloo contains (other than the chillis of course) and does anyone have a similar experience of food thats just TOO spicy??
    haha FAIL

never met a bird who was impressed by a guy eating a hot curry, infact if you wanna impress a chick at a curry house order something that isn't a curry. That way she knows you're not going to leave half the curry in your kegs and fart all not and stink the place out if u pull her

you're second big mistake was if its hot stop drinking u tit lol, every mouth full washes your mouth out and makes the next one worse lol

if you wana insiast on showing off put a spoon full of sugar in your mouth b4 your curry, calms it down

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I'm in my local curry house (a once or twice a week event ) eating my tikka chicken madras and I ask the head guy there who I've got to know a little over the years why I can't eat vindaloo but I can eat really hot peppers. He tells me it's because vindaloo uses lots of cayenne and black pepper which is a really dry heat while hot peppers give you a fiery heat. With the fiery heat you eat a mouthful, deal with it and carry on. With the dry heat you eat it and it makes you not want to continue eating. Although some people can deal with the dry heat but not the fiery heat. So there you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post

haha FAIL

never met a bird who was impressed by a guy eating a hot curry, infact if you wanna impress a chick at a curry house order something that isn't a curry. That way she knows you're not going to leave half the curry in your kegs and fart all not and stink the place out if u pull her

you're second big mistake was if its hot stop drinking u tit lol, every mouth full washes your mouth out and makes the next one worse lol

if you wana insiast on showing off put a spoon full of sugar in your mouth b4 your curry, calms it down
    In hindsight another stupidly utterly pathetic attempt by myself

Dont get me wrong, im not one of those twats that picks up street cones and shouts into them just for a bit of attention (not quite there yet) i suppose the moment just got to me and my machismo took over!!

Thread Information