Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Just (finally...) set myself up as a Personal Trainer

After months of studying on top of the qualifications I already have, months of searching for and nagging gyms I've managed to secure a gym that will let me operate my business in their premise.

Starting on Monday, it will be a while until my income grows, for the first couple of weeks I'll be making next to nothing, but I don't have to start paying rent until the 5th week, so I should be making a profit fairly soon.

My goal is still to be in the fire service one day (despite passing all of my tests 1.5 years ago I have to do it ALL over again!! they were expecting more retirements, but with the interest rates so fucking low what do you expect...) but I'm hoping that this will be a good way to make some real money whilst I wait..

It's gonna be great being my own boss... I've had 4 bosses and I've had issues and altercations with all but one!

here's my site if anyone cares to look Home

I'm going to be offering personal training, outdoor training, postural correction and nutritional guidance... can't wait!

edit: oh and I made the site myself, it looks decent, but fairly gash on lower resolutions... :-/
    Last edited by AdamGB; 11-11-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just (finally...) set myself up as a Personal Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    After months of studying on top of the qualifications I already have, months of searching for and nagging gyms I've managed to secure a gym that will let me operate my business in their premise.

Starting on Monday, it will be a while until my income grows, for the first couple of weeks I'll be making next to nothing, but I don't have to start paying rent until the 5th week, so I should be making a profit fairly soon.

My goal is still to be in the fire service one day (despite passing all of my tests 1.5 years ago I have to do it ALL over again!! they were expecting more retirements, but with the interest rates so fucking low what do you expect...) but I'm hoping that this will be a good way to make some real money whilst I wait..

It's gonna be great being my own boss... I've had 4 bosses and I've had issues and altercations with all but one!

here's my site if anyone cares to look Home

I'm going to be offering personal training, outdoor training, postural correction and nutritional guidance... can't wait!

edit: oh and I made the site myself, it looks decent, but fairly gash on lower resolutions... :-/
    Just had a look at your site and IMO it looks very good.

The only thing I would say is that do you think a fittness video would be better than a Muhammed Ali fight in the video section?

Good luck butt,all the best.
    Balls

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, eventually I will have training montages of my clients and me training etc.

I don't want to put somebody else's training videos on for now, there should be 2 other videos too, lance armstrong and Uslan Bolt but sometimes only the top one loads.

My brother's a photographer so at some point next week we're going to get a mate to 'model' as a client.

Thanks a lot bud.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congrats Adam and Good Luck!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard you stole some sheets from Tm's book, is that true?

No more seriously, congrats mate, hard job but how rewarding on the personal side, well done.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

heheh walk in looking like Brad Pitt, walk out looking like Kid Thunder...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one mate, hope it goes well for you.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats good news bro. I have a friend of mine that him and his wife are both personal trainers. When they first started out it was kinda rough but after they built up there clientele and word of worth spread they started doing very well. Good luck man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's awesome! I am desperate to try making some sort of personal business myself..

Along your lines, I would really like to do massage.. I've always had interest in it, and needing a massage a couple of weeks ago, I rang all the places around in my town, and none of them had a masseur with them anymore.. I had to call one guy who was handling the entire town and was completely booked out...

I guess it would be the same process as what you went through to get in with the gym..

I checked your website out and it's actually pretty good... As good as any of the ones I checked out when looking for a massage...

Shame your not in this country/area otherwise I would have absolutely taken you up on the posture correction... My posture is rubbish and definitely need some work..

Is it like a standard thing for personal trainers to be able to assess and correct posture problems, or is that something you had interest in and learnt extra about?
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks really good mate.

Funnily enough the 2 proffesions that I really would like to do are a.) Be a personal trainer & b.) Be a Firefighter.

You can always go into the fireservice and still do the training, as you will be off work for 60% of the week. My mate earsn much more on his days off than he does in the service

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the plan!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    That's awesome! I am desperate to try making some sort of personal business myself..

Along your lines, I would really like to do massage.. I've always had interest in it, and needing a massage a couple of weeks ago, I rang all the places around in my town, and none of them had a masseur with them anymore.. I had to call one guy who was handling the entire town and was completely booked out...

I guess it would be the same process as what you went through to get in with the gym..

I checked your website out and it's actually pretty good... As good as any of the ones I checked out when looking for a massage...

Shame your not in this country/area otherwise I would have absolutely taken you up on the posture correction... My posture is rubbish and definitely need some work..

Is it like a standard thing for personal trainers to be able to assess and correct posture problems, or is that something you had interest in and learnt extra about?
    It should be a standard thing IMO but it's not... big believer in it - better circulation/respiration, less strain on the head and neck muscles and better eye position (so less head aches), less injury and better mechanical function of the skeleton!

I'm also a massive believer in massage mate, if your area is open for it then I'd get into it... in the UK there's a massive surge in alternative therapies, Swedish massage is excellent... you could hardly call it an alternative therapy because it's benefits are scientifically proven but the interest is there and if there's basically an open market for you I'd get into it and get as many clients as you can before everybody else cottons on.

Other than transport costs/oil costs and the initial cost of getting a portable table, I imagine that your outgoings would be nothing compared to your income.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one mate , the site looks like it's a winner too. If I could offer an opinion it would be that the Home page with the ring may put off some people who may think it looks a bit full on. Having a few friends in the business they have a fair split between "real" training clients and those who have a parsonal trainer coz it looks the part. the latter in that bunch might think it too hard core.

The About Us page really sums up what you are about , really impressed mate hope it goes well.

will you be offering lunck time park sessions ? Know it's harder back home with the weather but there are a few in the parks here at lunch times for the offices workers and some look pretty slack and i am sure they are charging a fair bit for it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jamiebhoy View Post
    Nice one mate , the site looks like it's a winner too. If I could offer an opinion it would be that the Home page with the ring may put off some people who may think it looks a bit full on. Having a few friends in the business they have a fair split between "real" training clients and those who have a parsonal trainer coz it looks the part. the latter in that bunch might think it too hard core.

The About Us page really sums up what you are about , really impressed mate hope it goes well.

will you be offering lunck time park sessions ? Know it's harder back home with the weather but there are a few in the parks here at lunch times for the offices workers and some look pretty slack and i am sure they are charging a fair bit for it.
    Thanks mate, what I am planning on doing is having some photographs taken showing the different types of training that I do, I will have a strip of them above the main logo and below it, showing a mix of the more 'hardcore' stuff I do but also 'keep fit stuff' to, should hopefully show that I cater for both.

I also need to get a shot of my ugly self in the about me section!

I'm planning on doing lunch time sessions like that, I live next to a massive office complex, that amongst other things houses the Northern Rock headquarters and god knows how many other businesses so the clients should be there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive a funny feeling Adam you will crack it. Any Help Im at the end of the phone, if you want to come down for a weekend love to have a Talk and a wander through some ideas.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information