Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will be your response after Nov. 14th?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What will be your response after Nov. 14th?

What will be your response after November 14th if Pacquiao knocks Cotto out? Where will that put him in the list of all time greats? Will that put the edge on Pacquiao's side to defeat Mayweather? Vice versa, What will be your response if Cotto knocks out Pacquiao? Where on the list does he go? Would that put your betting money on Cotto over Mayweather?

Was New York, Cali most recently to present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What will be your response after Nov. 14th?

I am gonna be in awe with either outcome to be honest. For Pac to be a champ in 7 different weight classes is amazing and he has to be in the talks of ATG. If Cotto wins he is known for stopping Pac and his great run and he will shut me up cause I don't think he has been the same since Margarito. I am OK with either outcome since I do respect boths fighters. 2 more days!!
    McGirt recalling the minute break between the 9th round of the Ward fight "He said, 'Help me stand up and I'll finish the fight.'"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I expect Pacquiao to stop Cotto. He's already an all-time great, but beating Cotto, especially by stoppage, would be arguably the most impressive victory of his storied career. As for Mayweather, he'll ruin Pacquiao if they fight. I can't foresee anything happeneing in the Cotto fight that could convince me otherwise.

As for Cotto, if he stops Pacquiao it'll be an impressive victory, but I think it will (unfairly) be considered somehow less impressive than if Pacquiao stopped him, even though Pacquiao is the favorite. I'm not sure that last sentence makes sense to anyone but me. As for Cotto - Mayweather, much like Pacquiao, I can't foresee Cotto doing anything in this fight to convince me he could beat Mayweather, though I also think that Mayweather - Cotto could potentially be a more competitive fight than Mayweather - Pacquaio.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Pacquaio, not a shocker, but I've never rooted against Cotto, I will this time but the only reason I would really be disappointed is I want to see Pacquaio-Mayweather, Manny is the only one I give a decent shot at beating Floyd, I just can't see Cotto doing it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"fuck Me!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I expect Pacquiao to stop Cotto. He's already an all-time great, but beating Cotto, especially by stoppage, would be arguably the most impressive victory of his storied career. As for Mayweather, he'll ruin Pacquiao if they fight. I can't foresee anything happeneing in the Cotto fight that could convince me otherwise.

As for Cotto, if he stops Pacquiao it'll be an impressive victory, but I think it will (unfairly) be considered somehow less impressive than if Pacquiao stopped him, even though Pacquiao is the favorite. I'm not sure that last sentence makes sense to anyone but me. As for Cotto - Mayweather, much like Pacquiao, I can't foresee Cotto doing anything in this fight to convince me he could beat Mayweather, though I also think that Mayweather - Cotto could potentially be a more competitive fight than Mayweather - Pacquaio.
    I agree with everything except for Cotto presenting Mayweather more of a problem than Pacquiao would.

I think Mayweather beats both, but Pacquiaos speed and angles would give him more problems than anything Cotto could show him

If pacquiao wins i'd like to see him snub a mayweather fight because he won't need it for his legacy and I dont think he has much of a chance to defeat mayweather anyways... unless something really drastic happens. If Mayweather doesnt get Pacquiao he wont even be able to claim he was the best of his generation .

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cotto knocks out Pacquiao I will say "Lordy, lordy! That was a mighty fine piece of work! Let's have some sausages!".

If Pacquiao knocks out Cotto I will sit in silence for several minutes before coming on here to concede that the better man won. No actual words will emanate from my lips. The rest of the day will pass in some kind of daze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    If Cotto knocks out Pacquiao I will say "Lordy, lordy! That was a mighty fine piece of work! Let's have some sausages!".

If Pacquiao knocks out Cotto I will sit in silence for several minutes before coming on here to concede that the better man won. No actual words will emanate from my lips. The rest of the day will pass in some kind of daze.
    lol

--

If pac kayoes cotto I'll go to all the boxing forums that im a member and try to pacify some rabid pac fans

If cotto kayoes pac I'll go to all the boxing forums that im a member and try to pacify some rabid cotto fans

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by levi#1BoxingFan View Post
    What will be your response after November 14th if Pacquiao knocks Cotto out? Where will that put him in the list of all time greats? Will that put the edge on Pacquiao's side to defeat Mayweather? Vice versa, What will be your response if Cotto knocks out Pacquiao? Where on the list does he go? Would that put your betting money on Cotto over Mayweather?
    The fight was fukking fixed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I laughed at that 1st bit, cheers
    Last edited by Kel; 11-13-2009 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll wake up at between 5:30-6am next morning, and go for a poop. It is the one thing I know for a certainty.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I agree with everything except for Cotto presenting Mayweather more of a problem than Pacquiao would.

I think Mayweather beats both, but Pacquiaos speed and angles would give him more problems than anything Cotto could show him

If pacquiao wins i'd like to see him snub a mayweather fight because he won't need it for his legacy and I dont think he has much of a chance to defeat mayweather anyways... unless something really drastic happens. If Mayweather doesnt get Pacquiao he wont even be able to claim he was the best of his generation .
    I know most people think Pac would pose a bigger threat to Mayweather than Cotto would and truthfully I think he might too. But I also think that Pac's style will allow Mayweather to counter him all night, something JMM had success with. I could see Mayweather picking Pac off all night, hurting him and/or stopping him. With Cotto I think it would be a differently style of fight, albeit (I've been using that word a lot lately for some reason) a less exciting one. I think Cotto's timing, size, and style *might* allow him to be more competitive with Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac will more than likely stop Cotto and i'll say I told you so. As far as how i see a fight with mayweather going, my opinion doesnt change. Pac has what it takes to bring down the money maker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see anyone under 155 pounds that could stop Mayweather, and if Pac did KO Cotto I would be incredibly impressed.. As would anyone...

But as CFH said, Mayweather would demolish Pac.. There just isn't any way that Pac would win.. He's fast, but he will still struggle to land anything effective on Mayweather... And even when landing effectively, Pac still isn't going to have the power to even shake Mayweather...

Cotto you could imagine would at least be prepared to take a bit of a beating to maybe rough Floyd up, but even Cotto is to "boxer" oriented which Floyd would be able to pick off all night unless Cotto was prepared to make it at least a little ugly.. Having a game plan to charge Mayweather and rough him up to the body, cut off the ring, I agree would lead to a much better fight than Pac/Mayweather..

Still I would certainly watch either fight Mayweather and give it the old college try..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't mind either winning, I want a good match. However, if Pacman wins, I will be afraid of the army of pactrolls that will come over here, start 200 new topics that will more or less say the same thing, tell us how they knew and how they know their boxing, that Manny is the best pound for pound ever and such. It could be a terrible day and even a terrible month for the saddo citizens.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information