391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Signs that you are getting older

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    You think that dying is not such a bad idea
    Steady on now there's a bit more life in you yet tubby.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've also started using the home heating for the first time. Ever. Not sure if age related and geezer bones but I usually laugh at people who get dramatic about 'freezing' weather. Now I'm sipping hot green tea wearing socks and complaining about cold toilet seats .
    In my old flat I had to scrape I've off the inside of the windows every winter morning, it never used to bother me, since I've moved into a flat that I can actually keep warm I need to keep the temperature at around 17 degrees or I feel too cold

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Here's one sure sign: You find yourself more and more amused at those who boast about getting drunk every day, like some sort of misguided badge of honor.
    Haha, that's me too. Don't really understand anyone that drinks anymore. Trouble is, if you are around people that drink and you don't drink yourself, you feel like a bigger oddball than you already are. It's a strange feeling. One reason why I mostly just stay at home. Alcohol is nowhere.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Here's one sure sign: You find yourself more and more amused at those who boast about getting drunk every day, like some sort of misguided badge of honor.
    Haha, that's me too. Don't really understand anyone that drinks anymore. Trouble is, if you are around people that drink and you don't drink yourself, you feel like a bigger oddball than you already are. It's a strange feeling. One reason why I mostly just stay at home. Alcohol is nowhere.

I mean, I still drink... but only socially. For instance, when I'm with my brothers and we're hanging out. Or at a party. But I'm pretty careful about how much I drink, and usually make sure I have something to eat. Getting smashed to the point of not making any sense is something I haven't done in years and frankly... if I ever did, it's not something I'd run to my buddies boasting about it.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was trying to read the small print on the back of a bottle of wine , and had to concede i needed my reading glasses.
    I'm getting old , no sorry i am old.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean, I still drink... but only socially. For instance, when I'm with my brothers and we're hanging out. Or at a party. But I'm pretty careful about how much I drink, and usually make sure I have something to eat. Getting smashed to the point of not making any sense is something I haven't done in years and frankly... if I ever did, it's not something I'd run to my buddies boasting about it.
    Sensible. I did try to have a drink at a gathering a few months ago. It was my first taste of alcohol in something like 8 months. I had a sip and thought to myself how disgusting it tasted. A couple of sips later and I realised that I was just not into it and stopped immediately. It just made me feel flustered. it's a sign that I have got old or else just become a teenager again.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I was trying to read the small print on the back of a bottle of wine , and had to concede i needed my reading glasses.
    I'm getting old , no sorry i am old.
    Old git.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sensible. I did try to have a drink at a gathering a few months ago. It was my first taste of alcohol in something like 8 months. I had a sip and thought to myself how disgusting it tasted. A couple of sips later and I realised that I was just not into it and stopped immediately. It just made me feel flustered. it's a sign that I have got old or else just become a teenager again.
    I can quite happily get pissed at home on my own, people think it's sad but I enjoy it, I only do it every now and again, I enjoy a drink with a mate or two every now and again (once ever couple of months) the thought of sitting in a pub with a group of people makes me break out in a cold sweat.

1- I don't like people
    2- I dislike groups of people even more than I dislike people
    3- to deal with situations like that I drink
    4- when I drink in a crowd I don't have any control, I'll be absolutely wankered before the night is done and the fact that I've always been able to hold my beer works against me

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I've also started using the home heating for the first time. Ever. Not sure if age related and geezer bones but I usually laugh at people who get dramatic about 'freezing' weather. Now I'm sipping hot green tea wearing socks and complaining about cold toilet seats .
    In my old flat I had to scrape I've off the inside of the windows every winter morning, it never used to bother me, since I've moved into a flat that I can actually keep warm I need to keep the temperature at around 17 degrees or I feel too cold
    I think that's exactly what it is. Since I moved in a few months ago I'll catch blasts of cold air and occurs to me I have three times as many windows now. Even a full length window in the kitchen. Who the hell installs a full length window in a kitchen ffs. Not to mention all wood floors now save for two bedrooms so once it hit 34' last night it felt like a skating rink. Just time to break out the caulking and perma seal some windows. Of course down here it'll be back to 90' next week.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I can quite happily get pissed at home on my own, people think it's sad but I enjoy it, I only do it every now and again, I enjoy a drink with a mate or two every now and again (once ever couple of months) the thought of sitting in a pub with a group of people makes me break out in a cold sweat.

1- I don't like people
    2- I dislike groups of people even more than I dislike people
    3- to deal with situations like that I drink
    4- when I drink in a crowd I don't have any control, I'll be absolutely wankered before the night is done and the fact that I've always been able to hold my beer works against me
    You sound a bit like how I used to be. I used to drink a fair bit on my own too. I still don't like people very much and I still really hate groups of people too, but I just don't drink anymore. It's odd not drinking sometimes but I prefer it now.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However, in the name of any forum meetup I will drink a couple of drinks as I am on holiday and if you cannot indulge then then when can you? Yep, back in England. Good to be back actually.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However, in the name of any forum meetup I will drink a couple of drinks as I am on holiday and if you cannot indulge then then when can you? Yep, back in England. Good to be back actually.
    I think mark tko wants another drink with you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have asked him. I will punch him in the balls for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else up for it just let me know.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else up for it just let me know.
    I would go but would have to punch mark tko as well.

What are are you staying?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information