0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Signs that you are getting older

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I joined a month before you! I feel old.
    I joined 2002, before the site got revamped.
    Alts can only count as "we" .
    Funny story about that, in 2002 my username was "Brocktonblockbuster" but when the site got revamped later that year I think, I shortened it to Brocktonblockbust because it was too damn long to type.

I know quite a few people on here who have been banned from about 2003 and are now back on here with their third or fourth username to be honest.
    Actually same here. Joined initially with long as hell name. Joined day after anniversary of Katrina and tied in some stuff we did with a tri fin shortboard wading thru the water . Yeh lots of alts and reboots no boubt. Lost or clipped accounts etc. Shit when we had Sig bets flying every month, I even got to be Bruce Lees Servant and VDs Daddy?!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got a new car which is my first since 2009. It is all electric brakes, automatic wipers, lights, drive assist on hills, keyless entry/start, alerts when it thinks you will crash which cause you anxiety etc

I am finding it hard to give control to the car.

Getting close to driverless cars.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got a new car which is my first since 2009. It is all electric brakes, automatic wipers, lights, drive assist on hills, keyless entry/start, alerts when it thinks you will crash which cause you anxiety etc

Ha! I get you. We got a brand new motability motor 2 yrs ago now and the auto handbrake thing did my head in at first. Bad enough not having some wire ratchet to pull with both hands, now replaced by a little button lever, but then for the car to apply the handbrake for you freaked me out. Auto headlights, auto this that and the other, but luckily still has manual gears, which i could never imagine driving without. How souless and joyless to drive a car where the car even decides what gear you should be in?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Ha! I get you. We got a brand new motability motor 2 yrs ago now and the auto handbrake thing did my head in at first. Bad enough not having some wire ratchet to pull with both hands, now replaced by a little button lever, but then for the car to apply the handbrake for you freaked me out. Auto headlights, auto this that and the other, but luckily still has manual gears, which i could never imagine driving without. How souless and joyless to drive a car where the car even decides what gear you should be in?
    Definitely love my gears.

What man does not love to play with his nob.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Definitely love my gears.

What man does not love to play with his nob.
    See, now I must be a few steps ahead on the road to “fogeyism”, but I CRAVE an automatic car next time round. I hate changing gears.
    Or more to the point , I hate being in a car with my missus , and her bleating “you should be in 5th now!”
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Soulless & Joyless"

by Shiver-me-timbers

The wind from the sea blew in hard
    It got blown hard
    By a pirate's uncle:
    His name was Billy Bugger
    Who hung round on the docks
    Sucking cocks

(this was when he turned 50)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ever feel like you have 'writers block' or you've just lost your wit . Strangest thing to describe but sometimes now I look at the screen with intent to go all in and go long winded etc but find myself thinking it to myself and then not having the 'umpf' to put finger to keyboard . Dunno if it's attention span, which has been utter shit for the last year or two, or just a mental block but it's quite curious. You don't feel sharp, spontaneous and free flowing. Just blank in spots.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ever feel like you have 'writers block' or you've just lost your wit . Strangest thing to describe but sometimes now I look at the screen with intent to go all in and go long winded etc but find myself thinking it to myself and then not having the 'umpf' to put finger to keyboard . Dunno if it's attention span, which has been utter shit for the last year or two, or just a mental block but it's quite curious. You don't feel sharp, spontaneous and free flowing. Just blank in spots.
    It is called a senior moment.

If it is any consolation, Biden gets it all the time.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is called a senior moment.

If it is any consolation, Biden gets it all the time.
    Senior moment?! Must be on a slow curve. I mean I was wandering into rooms with no idea what I was looking for back in my teens soo . Looking forward to leaving the car keys in the refrigerator and mistaken the racoons for "bears"

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you easily can eat a stick of butter with a couple slices of bread, but when you were younger a tablespoon of butter was considered too much cholesterol.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you easily can eat a stick of butter with a couple slices of bread, but when you were younger a tablespoon of butter was considered too much cholesterol.
    Ate a full stick in my 20's with mustard and cornflakes after losing a bet once. Never make bets with md20/20.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ate a full stick in my 20's with mustard and cornflakes after losing a bet once. Never make bets with md20/20.
    Mustard and cornflakes! WTF..... well actually it would go good with the cornflakes like a starch --- but the mustard would kill it yo. That was some bet you lost! Was it a boxing bet? edit: I just realized the MD 20/20 comment! Holy shit, I am def familiar with that elixir. That shit will do you in good. Do you remember Night Train?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mustard and cornflakes! WTF..... well actually it would go good with the cornflakes like a starch --- but the mustard would kill it yo. That was some bet you lost! Was it a boxing bet? edit: I just realized the MD 20/20 comment! Holy shit, I am def familiar with that elixir. That shit will do you in good. Do you remember Night Train?
    Yeh Night Train was rough stuff. And Boones and Bartles for the girls . MD was ideal at the local 7-11's because the shape of the bottle and they stacked with the other Malts like Mickeys and Colt 45. But unzip the sleeves to your leather and the MD bottles 2 at a time slid right up the forearm

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh Night Train was rough stuff. And Boones and Bartles for the girls . MD was ideal at the local 7-11's because the shape of the bottle and they stacked with the other Malts like Mickeys and Colt 45. But unzip the sleeves to your leather and the MD bottles 2 at a time slid right up the forearm
    hahaha holy shit, never did that but hell yeah!!!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you start noticing the pot holes in the road ruining your tyres and suspension on your car.

Thread Information